ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Thanksgiving 2011. A day that will live in Disboards infamy.

There have been other infamous purges in the past. I remember a major blowout in about 2009 or so? when more than a bunch of folks were caught DISBashing on another site and were all tossed out on their noses in one fell swoop.

I thought of you yesterday! I took DD to a Purdue basketball game. A Corvette passed us on the highway going at least 85 in a 70 (the best kind of radar detector you can have), and then just a little farther down the road we passed a mid-90's Dodge Ram with green LEDs in the wheel wells. :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

That was me just breezing through your neck of the woods having a little fun. ;)

Did the Ram look stoooooopid? Just wondering.

It's I-Haven't-Hit-My-Deductible-Yet season.

That's exactly it. But even if they could have their new 8oobs they'd have to ask their surgeon to come back from Maui.

You'd better!

I'll see what I can do. Probably not taking the camera, but I may.

Wow. Sounds like quite the impressive undertaking. I'd definitely be interested in learning more about this if you can eventually share more about it!

I will certainly fill you all in as I can. Still trying to get funding, and that's quite competitive.

I always debate, do I respond from the phone or think I'll get back to it later. I l'm now being realistic if I don't reply now, it may not happen.

Glad you found the Phone. Nice to make it through the Orange side. I do no less. Going to bed now G' night!

Alison, going to bed at 8:46?!

Sleep well, my friend!!

Whatever do you mean? We are all very well-behaved.

Uh huh.

Hey, we're trying to keep a low profile here!

Ok. Shhhhh.... I won't tell a soul.

I need to figure out how to do that.

You mean going to sunnier climes?

Or golf?

:duck:

Wow, cool!

Oh wait, you mean it like it's a bad thing.

:rolleyes:

That sounds like a problem.

Yeah, pretty much. Oddly, we have a 4 FOOT wooden cutting board COUNTERTOP next to the fridge on the opposite wall. But that's 3 feet out of their way to use. :rolleyes2 :sad2:

Good for you! I wish I was a handier guy.

YouTube

And we're all jealous!

Someday, we'll time it so a meet happens. Although I expect perhaps a visit to the PNW may happen first.

It's Zamunda, isn't it? Tell me it's Zamunda.

Definitely NOT Zamunda. Never seen that movie, but it looks (a little, a VERY little) promising.

That doesn't sound good, but at least you have the DIY talent to do it yourselves. Unfortunately I am on the other end of the DIY spectrum. If I can't pay someone to do it, it generally doesn't get done.

Oh, well, to be fair, just because we CAN do it, doesn't mean it all gets done, now.

If that were the case, we wouldn't have dryrot, would we?

:lmao:

I can't even begin to imagine the work that would go into that. Well done and good luck with the project.

It's far from a done deal. Major hurdles need to be jumped including funding....

Cool that your kitchen remodel is in motion. It's funny to us in the UK the word faucet. Like 'force it' we use the word tap for this item.

Wow Africa! That is amazing you are doing that. I am humbled by yoir kindness. Many needy people will benefit. It is anazing.

You must currently have a sucky a contract promising you zero hours..

That Mission Space. You are brave.

I am pleased you found your phone. Good idea re a tile. Jo has one for her keys. I assume it is not an iphone then and you can't use find my iphone facility on the phone on another device? Jo and I both have each others in case we lose them.

Brenda motioned me over to the far side of the area and pulled out….

A PHONE!
Woohoo!!!

I mean I figured you'd get it back, but with Disney you never know if it will still be where you left it or if you'll have to wait 2 - 3 days for it to finally get put into the inventory of the central lost and found.

But before she would hand it to me, she asked me to enter the passcode while she watched. Savvy, Disney. Savvy!
::yes::

EVERYTHING is on there and not on the Cloud. Because I’m too a) lazy, and b) cheap to upgrade my Cloud storage. And c) I don't want some of my stuff ON the Cloud. But, I digress...
Who's the horse and buggy person here???

Honestly, I get it with important documents, but contacts... hell, if somebody wants to hack my account they aren't finding anything interesting.

I had earlier already made up my mind to keep my stomach happy, and forego it this trip, but I was not risking being deemed a wimpy mom. We cannot, I repeat, CANNOT have that. So, I did it. And believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it.
I sincerely believe that Orange is easier on the stomach than Green.

I absolutely hands down KNOW you are going to LOVE that chapter, because some SERIOUS magic is gonna be goin' down.
I can't wait!

And nowadays everyone has a cell phone. (Except my husband. He commutes to work with a horse and buggy too. But that’s another discussion for another day. )
Although I do have a cell phone, I have only had it for two years. Although it's convenient at times, truth be told I would prefer to be in the horse and buggy with your husband. And I just have an Android phone that you get for $0 with a plan. I doubt I'll ever own an iPhone because I just won't pay for it.

Finally I heard back with a typical, “Where ARE you?!” As if I was the one not doing my part to meet back up. Dryly, i replied, "Right here by the ride exit where I told you to meet me!” “Okay, be right there.”
I think we've all had similar messages from teenagers at one point. The only thing that makes the frustration worth it is being able to use thinly veiled sarcasm that the teenage brain may or may not be able to process. It always makes me feel better anyway.

They loved the ride on the Orange Side and they convinced me I should do it too. I had earlier already made up my mind to keep my stomach happy, and forego it this trip, but I was not risking being deemed a wimpy mom. We cannot, I repeat, CANNOT have that. So, I did it. And believe it or not, I actually enjoyed it.
I'm a wimp. I have not mustered up the courage to do the orange side. I only did the green once and it was fine, but I can't see me trying orange. I don't do spinning well. I only did the Teacups once. Little spinning wheels of death I call them. Not. Happening. Again.

Yay that you got your phone back! We did MS Orange on our last trip, and it made me feel queasy for the next few hours. Not planning on trying that again. :(

We have learned that the DIY needs to be very limited around our house. Important stuff gets done by someone else. Or, just not done, more often, lol.

Yea!!! I'm so glad you got your phone back! Whew! That must have been a huge relief.

I have not yet gathered the cajones to experience Mission Space, orange or green side. I'm kinda prone to motion sickness so it's probably one of those attractions that will go unexperienced to me.

Totally jealous of your upcoming DL trip btw!

Cool that your kitchen remodel is in motion. It's funny to us in the UK the word faucet. Like 'force it' we use the word tap for this item.

Tap works as well, but we'd probably understand tap to mean something that spits out beer... as in Tap House. We do use in for water, if we want to differentiate between bottled water and "tap water".

We pronounce it "FAW'-SIT". Unless you're from like, I dunno, Alabama or West Virginia maybe?

Wow Africa! That is amazing you are doing that. I am humbled by yoir kindness. Many needy people will benefit. It is anazing.

I hope that many will be healthier! Especially the children who will learn new techniques for future use- like how to install farming irrigation, keep healthy during pregnancy, etc... I'm really excited about the project!

You must currently have a sucky a contract promising you zero hours..

No contract at all in fact. I"m a "per diem" employee, so only work when there's enough work. Up until January, there was enough, this month, not so much. The benefits of doing it per diem is a higher hourly wage and flexibility. I can say no to shifts if I'm busy or need to go somewhere. If I were to go part time permanent or full time, my salary would go down and I'd be committed to working 20 or 30 hours/week no matter what.

That Mission Space. You are brave.

Well, I couldn't look like a wimpy mom! LOL!

I am pleased you found your phone. Good idea re a tile. Jo has one for her keys. I assume it is not an iphone then and you can't use find my iphone facility on the phone on another device? Jo and I both have each others in case we lose them.

Hmmm... .I need to look into this. Honestly, I"m not sure what method is best for the i-products.

Woohoo!!!

I mean I figured you'd get it back, but with Disney you never know if it will still be where you left it or if you'll have to wait 2 - 3 days for it to finally get put into the inventory of the central lost and found.

THat was actually my worst fear- that they'd already booted it out to Central and I'd have to wait the couple of days. I've heard of HUUUUUUUGE hassles with that. No thanks!

Who's the horse and buggy person here???

Honestly, I get it with important documents, but contacts... hell, if somebody wants to hack my account they aren't finding anything interesting.

Well, ok. But only in this!

I have a few passwords on it, (that shouldn't be there) so nope, not gonna Cloud that stuff.

I sincerely believe that Orange is easier on the stomach than Green.

Never done green. Huh! Maybe I should to compare.

I can't wait!

Working on photos!

Although I do have a cell phone, I have only had it for two years. Although it's convenient at times, truth be told I would prefer to be in the horse and buggy with your husband. And I just have an Android phone that you get for $0 with a plan. I doubt I'll ever own an iPhone because I just won't pay for it.

I heard a statistic that actually shocked me the other day. Only 72% of American own one. REALLY?! I thought it'd be more like 95%. Interesting anyway.

To be fair, my dad has given me, or sold them to me, all of his cast off iPhones. He's the kind of guy who has to have the latest upgrade as soon as they are released. My last one he sold to me for $100. Not bad for a fully functional phone that serves as my calendar, reminder, notepad, etc...

I think we've all had similar messages from teenagers at one point. The only thing that makes the frustration worth it is being able to use thinly veiled sarcasm that the teenage brain may or may not be able to process. It always makes me feel better anyway.

Since I speak fluent sarcasm and use it often, mine are catching on quickly. Too quickly for my own good.

I'm a wimp. I have not mustered up the courage to do the orange side. I only did the green once and it was fine, but I can't see me trying orange. I don't do spinning well. I only did the Teacups once. Little spinning wheels of death I call them. Not. Happening. Again.

Oh we call those the "Puke Cups". The one ride that I've literally come off legit sick from was the Mickey's Wheel of Death at DCA. Fun, not. And NOT doing that again. Ever.

Last edited:
Whew, phone phound! Great news. I am a pro at watching other people DIY on HGTV, but it's best if I don't attempt that myself, so kudos to you and yours. Also best if I don't attempt Orange Mission Space, or the amount of things you seem to have going on in your life. OK, you win - I can't even keep my eyes open at night long enough for a chapter of a book, but I'm going to attempt it once again tonight...

I just love saving the money. Except for Disney Trips, I'm kind of a tightwad.

Trying to make every day count; they are limited, so my motto is go big, or go home.

What are you reading?

Yay that you got your phone back! We did MS Orange on our last trip, and it made me feel queasy for the next few hours. Not planning on trying that again. :(

I've heard that it does mess with some people's blood pressure a bit, and their equilibrium. So that's not surprising. Have you tried Green?

We have learned that the DIY needs to be very limited around our house. Important stuff gets done by someone else. Or, just not done, more often, lol.

LOL! What are 3 projects you'd love to see done?

Yea!!! I'm so glad you got your phone back! Whew! That must have been a huge relief

HUGE! You have NO idea!

I have not yet gathered the cajones to experience Mission Space, orange or green side. I'm kinda prone to motion sickness so it's probably one of those attractions that will go unexperienced to me.

You could try some dramamine first? Or have your doc prescribe a Scopalamine patch. I actually saw quite a few of those on my last trip.

Totally jealous of your upcoming DL trip btw!

Looks like I'll put a chapter or two up for it. :) So, you'll get to live it a bit vicariously here. :)

Oh we call those the "Puke Cups". The one ride that I've literally come of legit sick from was the Mickey's Wheel of Death at DCA. Fun, not. And NOT doing that again. Ever.
Puke Cups :rotfl2: Love it! Can I call them that from now on, if I promise to give you credit for the term? :)

I've never been to DCA but I've seen the videos of Mickey's Wheel of Death. No thank you.

Puke Cups :rotfl2: Love it! Can I call them that from now on, if I promise to give you credit for the term? :)

I've never been to DCA but I've seen the videos of Mickey's Wheel of Death. No thank you.

Of course, nothing proprietary going on here. ;) I did go on them this trip, and did ok. You know for photo opps, of course.

ETA: I hate it when I see a typo too late and it's been quoted. LOL!

You could try some dramamine first? Or have your doc prescribe a Scopalamine patch. I actually saw quite a few of those on my last t

I've never thought of that, maybe even some ginger caplets...

Looks like I'll put a chapter or two up for it. :) So, you'll get to live it a bit vicariously here. :)

Sweet! I can't wait to hear what shannegans go down when all of you get together!

Glad you found your phone. We spent yesterday morning going through the house looking for Judy's wristlet. The last place she could remember using it was a pizza place where she had brought home a pizza earlier in the week (I was away on business), but she was sure she brought it home. Finally I said, well why don't you call and ask them if they have it there. She did, and they had it. Much relief, but we thought it was strange that they never called to say, "hey, we have your little purse". They have our phone number to be sure that we won't order a pizza and not pick it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter