Aaa

DDreamer

Mouseketeer
We don't currently have AAA, and are planning a trip this Sept. or Oct. for our family. We are still not sure yet on a resort (possibly the wilderness cabins) or we may do it REALLY cheap and camp. We love camping!! So, is it worth it to join AAA now to take advantage of the deals or would it not even be worth it?

I don't think so.

Last year Sept was hurricane pluses for WDW.

So I am expecting lots of people to avoid WDW and Fl in general this year during Sept.

So I would think in May or later - if people aren't staying in Sept and after last year who could blame them. that WDW will probably have the best discounts of the year.

I just booked a reservation this week for 10 nights at Pop Century in December and my AAA discount was about $160.00, so in my opinion, it is very worth it. Plus, we've used the flat tire service and all that. You can also get Travelers Checks with no additional fee with them.

DDreamer said:
We don't currently have AAA, and are planning a trip this Sept. or Oct. for our family. We are still not sure yet on a resort (possibly the wilderness cabins) or we may do it REALLY cheap and camp. We love camping!! So, is it worth it to join AAA now to take advantage of the deals or would it not even be worth it?

Hey there! Yes I definitely think it's worth it. Heres my reasoning. One: On our last trip to Disney we joined AAA just for the discounts, and at the All Stars saved about $180 for a week long stay. Two: Even if you can't get any discounts with AAA, you still have the auto service perks and thats phenomenal! (Trust me I've used them! lol) The membership lasts for a year and is $45 I believe, and it covers ANY car you are in, regardless of ownership, and your spouse can use it as well. The only time I ever had to use it was for a friend of mine when I was in the car with them and they got the discount even though they weren't personally members. Three: If you book through a AAA office, even when Disney is offering a special, sometimes they can give you the AAA discount on top of the discount. We got the 5/7 deal last time (pay for 5 nights but get 7) and also got an additional discount of $180 from AAA. I'm not sure if thats the norm for them but $45 for a years worht of discounts was great! :) Anyways just my opinion but I love AAA, and if you drive down to Disney its DEFINITELY a nice peace of mind to have while you do so, knowing you have that company to help you out if you have problems on the road on your way. Anyways good luck! YOu can always call the AAA office first, without a membership, and ask whta their rates would be if you were to purchase a membership. Thats what we did and we were able to compare with Disney's rates and Dreams Unlimited's rates, and they had the best ones and just made the trip great for us! Anyways have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter