AAA said rate was gone

magicmato

<font color=blue>Some of us are just better at kee
My AAA travel agent has said that the AAA rate for POFQ is gone and priced POR. Now, she said that a lot of people are holding the hotel, so it is possible something may open up. How would you do this? Would you reserve a different room to lock in the rate and check in with the TA every week to see if it has opened up?

When are you going? Is it soon or next year? Personally, I would be tempted to call Disney directly and check that the AAA rates are not available for your dates. If they are not available, I would book something else and keep checking back.

We are going the end of November.

The only reason I am using AAA is that we want the dining package AND the room disount...

I had asked for availability for a AAA room at POFQ back in March for your time frame, and it was sold out then...

Wow, it was sold out in March? That seems a long way out! Is that normal?

I'm not sure, but I was told by a TA that POFQ typically sells out of its AAA rates early because it's popular and it's small. I was booked at rack up until a month or so ago, when we decided to be guinea pigs for the new AP Best Rate program. Our rate is $94/night, which I know was better than the POR AAA rate for the same time by at least $25/night before tax.

Good luck with whatever you decide!! :wizard:

Unfortunately we can only make it down to florida once a year or two... so, I don't know if it would be worth the $ for an AP... plus I thought I heard that everyone in a party needed them, not just one person?

No, only one adult in your travel party has to have an AP to get the discount on the room.

magicmato said:
My AAA travel agent has said that the AAA rate for POFQ is gone and priced POR. Now, she said that a lot of people are holding the hotel, so it is possible something may open up. How would you do this? Would you reserve a different room to lock in the rate and check in with the TA every week to see if it has opened up?

I would book POR and keep calling your AAA agent so she can see if any POR discounted rooms open up. You can also log-in at www.aaa.com and see if they have rooms available for the time you'll be there. Just know what the rack rates are for standard, water view, and king beds, and then if you see a rate lower, you'll know there's a chance you can switch over. As an example, these are the rates you would see if POFQ is available at the AAA rate (value season - Nov. 27-Dec. 4):

$107.20 USD Daily Rate Display detailed description for room code STD
standard view

$119.20 USD Daily Rate Display detailed description for room code J1K
king bed

$119.20 USD Daily Rate Display detailed description for room code WVW
water view

In my experience with changing our resorts, I was not able to book POFQ at the AAA rate every single time I checked (which was often).

We loved POR when we stayed there. It is larger, but the theming and atmosphere was so relaxing. Truly a destination of its own.

Wishing you many magical memories (and hoping you are able to switch over to POFQ at the discount!)... :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter