• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA rate and dining plan

44disney

DIS Veteran
We plan to go in November and will be purchasing a MYW package including dining. Can I also get a AAA discount on the room portion? Thanks!

As I understand it, if you're paying for the dining plan, you can also get your AAA room discount as part of the package. What cannot be combined is the AAA room discount and free dining--then you have to choose one or the other. Since you're going in November, no problem, mon!

I got the AAA discount with dining plan and MYW or our trip in July--no free dining on that trip, however, but the AAA price did save us over $300 compared to the price direct from Disney.

One thing to note, is that if you buy a package then I think you have to book through AAA. But if you book room only, you can get the AAA discount through WDW reservations. At least that was how it worked in January.

Did you happen to book a value or a moderate? If so, then you didn't get a AAA discount. I thought the same thing, until I called Disney directly and they gave me the same rate. When I asked about it, I was told that the values and moderates were booked at the "value" season rate even though they were in "standard" season. So...I saved the $25 that AAA charges me, and booked directly with Disney. This is for the free dining period only.

KellyFam said:
Did you happen to book a value or a moderate? If so, then you didn't get a AAA discount. I thought the same thing, until I called Disney directly and they gave me the same rate. When I asked about it, I was told that the values and moderates were booked at the "value" season rate even though they were in "standard" season. So...I saved the $25 that AAA charges me, and booked directly with Disney. This is for the free dining period only.
I had a Disney price that was $150 higher than AAA for a moderate. AAA was the way I saved, including AAA 10% discount perk at Downtown Disney.
A month later after making this res and saving the $150, Disney offered free dining and we had it added to the AAA package. Thus I saved both ways. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter