AAA Parking at MK?

Partyof12

Mouseketeer
We are AAA members and were told there is special "up front" parking. Does anyone know anything about this? Does it cost extra? How do you get there? Thanks.

It is right next to the handicapped parking. IMHO, you are better off parking in the normal lot and riding the tram if reducing the amount of walking is your goal. If it is during a crowded time and reducing your time (i.e., you want to get into the parks as fast as possible from your car) is your goal, then go ahead and do this during the more crowded season. It does not cost extra.

You need to have the special parking pass, however. Some AAA offices give them out if you've ordered tickets through them, but I've heard that some AAA offices only give them if you've ordered a package.

I liked the AAA parking at MK. It was one row back from the handicapped parking. I prefer to walk and not wait for a tram, especially when pushing a stroller.

T&B

You need to get a parking pass from your local AAA office.

OFFICIALLY,you need to book a package with AAA to get the pass. However, it depends on the office. Buying tickets seem to get passes also at many offices.

Ed

I will have both the AAA parking ticket and a handicapped sticker and from what I have read we are better off using the handicapped parking. Is this correct?

You have to get a special parking pass from AAA. You get a pass iwhen you book a Disney travel package with them. You need this parking pass. Just showing your card isn't enough. (Unless it changed from last year)

Tigger&Belle said:
I liked the AAA parking at MK. It was one row back from the handicapped parking. I prefer to walk and not wait for a tram, especially when pushing a stroller.

T&B

Excellent point about the stroller. Hey, tigger&Belle, it's me :bounce: - we met at Test Track :wave2: in January. You were the only Diser I met that trip.

I received my AAA passes through the disney travel company, I requested them when I booked my trip, I told them I was an AAA member (when asking about discounts) and a note was made in my account. The parking only really makes a difference when it is REALLY busy, otherwise it is about the same.---- I would get the AAA pass for the AAA rest area in tommorrow land.... it was worth the stop. Free can of soda, and AIRCONDITIONING that wasn't packed to the gills.

Unofficial Fan said:
Excellent point about the stroller. Hey, tigger&Belle, it's me :bounce: - we met at Test Track :wave2: in January. You were the only Diser I met that trip.

Hi there!!! I can't believe I didn't notice your screen name when I replied to the thread, but I think I was in a migraine medication stupor... lol

Did you have a good trip? I saw a few other DISers that trip. A couple of planned ones from the Illuminations cruise, one at ToT and a couple who escaped before I could say hi.

BTW, your DD is a cutie. We'll have to run into each other again when our kids are a little older. ;)

The thing that surprised me about my Jan trip was the number of Marylanders that I saw--I think that half the state was here. Almost like Jersey week for Maryland. :rotfl:

T&B

Twende said:
I will have both the AAA parking ticket and a handicapped sticker and from what I have read we are better off using the handicapped parking. Is this correct?

In December we were at WDW with my elderly mother, who had a handicapped placard. The days that I wasn't with her I had the AAA pass and I had the AAA pass in January.

The handicapped placard is always better, but sometimes not by much. At the MK it didn't matter much, but at MGM the HC placard was much better and we were able to park close to where the busses load. If I remember right the two parking areas were close together (one row apart?) at AK. Can't remember for Epcot, I think they were close. MGM was the best for the HC placard.

Depending on what the physical issue is, sometimes it is better to park further out (not in the h/c area) and take the tram, like with the AAA pass. What we did with my mom was to borrow one of the wheelchairs that were in the parking lot in order to get to the gate easier and then get the rental wheelchair. Worked out well for us.

T&B

Hugs on the migraines, TB! I know firsthand they are no fun. I hope it's completely gone by now. And a definite YES on getting together again when kid's are older, because yours is awfully cute too! :D Good to "run into you" again. ggggg

tubachick said:
I received my AAA passes through the disney travel company, I requested them when I booked my trip, I told them I was an AAA member (when asking about discounts) and a note was made in my account. The parking only really makes a difference when it is REALLY busy, otherwise it is about the same.---- I would get the AAA pass for the AAA rest area in tommorrow land.... it was worth the stop. Free can of soda, and AIRCONDITIONING that wasn't packed to the gills.

Now...for the AAA rest area at tomorrowland. I think I heard about this awhile ago, but how do we go about using this area? Do we need something extra? Where is it located?

Thanks for the help!!

I think that to use the AAA rest area you need to have booked a package.

Unofficial Fan, my migraines were terrible at WDW. My mistake was making Zachary go on Rock n Roller Coaster (he had a big fear to get over), which he ended up loving. I can take the ride a couple times, but more that that triggers migraines. During the course of the few trips to MGM, seventeen times later on RnR, my head was in bad shape. lol Next time I'm bringing my other kids to ride with him!

T&B

If you buy your tickets at AAA you have to ask for it I don't think they just give it out. The AAA lot at Epcot is very close, AK & Studios its just a short walk about the same if you would park at the middle or end of a row and walk to the tram stop, at the MK it is a bit of a walk but if you get there early and get ths spots right next to the handicapped area it isnt bad. The best thing about it is at park closing because you don't have to wait for the tram back to the car.

pumpkinfish said:
Now...for the AAA rest area at tomorrowland. I think I heard about this awhile ago, but how do we go about using this area? Do we need something extra? Where is it located?

Thanks for the help!!

If you book a package through AAA, you get a voucher for admission to use the private AAA VIP Lounge in the Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland. You can sit down and relax with a complimentary soft drink.

pumpkinfish said:

Thanks for the help!!

We booked our trip through CRO, and when I aksed about AAA rates, they gave them to me, and marked my account. When my info came in the mail, the AAA passes, and parking pass came in the envelope. You just need a resort key, and the AAA pass, if you forget the pass, you can show your AAA card. It was a nice rest area, you just find the little gate, walk up the walk, and enter the building. The restrooms are nice, clean and quite there too!! It is located to the left of the galaxy theater. A little aluminum gate with the AAA logo on it. LOOK for it, it is easy to miss.

tubachick said:
... if you forget the pass, you can show your AAA card. ...

Maybe it depends on who is working there at the time, but showing our AAA card didn't do the trick for us. We needed the voucher.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter