• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AAA Package Discount Question

KristiMc

DIS Veteran
Hello,

We went to our AAA office yesterday to book our trip for Jan. 25-31 at POFQ. We booked 6n/7d hopper and dining. This is for 2 adults and a 4 year old. The quote that we received was 2058.81. When I get a quote from the WDW website for the same amount of days in December 05 (since it won't let me get a quote for '06 yet) and include the hopper and dining options, I get the exact same price quoted.

Does is sound like I received a AAA discount or not?

Kristi

KristiMc said:
Hello,

We went to our AAA office yesterday to book our trip for Jan. 25-31 at POFQ. We booked 6n/7d hopper and dining. This is for 2 adults and a 4 year old. The quote that we received was 2058.81. When I get a quote from the WDW website for the same amount of days in December 05 (since it won't let me get a quote for '06 yet) and include the hopper and dining options, I get the exact same price quoted.

Does is sound like I received a AAA discount or not?

Kristi

Sometimes it takes longer for the correct pricing to be loaded into AAA system - you should definetely check in with them in a couple of weeks.

I had the same problem when Disney first started the new programs, but I kept trying back at my AAA office and received a much better price then quoted my first time.

Stay educated about what is happening and what discounts are available through MouseSavers.com. I was also told that if a better quote comes along to let my AAA office know and they will try and get me that deal.

The only other reason that I could think of that you would not have gotten a better quote is because they already booked the AAA portion of rooms at your chosen resort (but I can't see that for the new year).

I hope this helps - I'm just posting what happened to with me.

KristiMc,
You seem to be comparing apples to oranges. The AAA rate that you have is the '06 rate and the Disney web site is the '05 rate. I will be booking soon for Feb, '06 with AAA at the CBR and the resorts rate for '06 is $155. I have seen on different boards where the AAA rate can vary from 15% to 20% depending on the season.
Hope this helps. :wave:

Definitely keep on your toes with this. As I've posted in other threads, I actually received a better AAA rate by calling down to WDW direct rather than from my local AAA Travel Office. When I first called AAA, I received the same quote that I found on disneyworld.com. What happened is that the AAA travel agent forgot that they can only make AAA rate reservations for packages over the computer. For room only they need to call down there direct and give them a code.

This doesn't sound like what happened to you because you were quoting for room and tickets, but who knows, maybe your AAA person forgot to login properly. You definitely need to call back and verify.

Brian

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter