AAA Discount and Value Resorts

CouponCon

Mouseketeer
Sorry this is long just excited to try a different resort so Disney is on my mind.

For the past couple years we have stayed at POR during Spring Break. Loved it! I work at a school and my other 2 kids are still in school, our spring/Easter break is not the same as my oldest who will be in college this year. So, we decided to go after the last day of school for the us and older daughter will already be out.

I decided to switch things up and book 2 pool-side preferred rooms at the Pop Memorial Day Week. I know rates aren't out yet but we book Room Only. I usually call back to apply a AAA rate when released. Anyway, modifying my ressie the wonderful agent said Value doesn't get a discount with AAA. He said I will probably have a better chance when it gets closer to watch for specials directly through Disney. I never knew that....I knew it was tiered depending on where you stayed...It isn't a deal breaker if we get a discount or not, but just double checking Value Resorts get no discount? Nada, Nothing not even 1%? LOL

That doesn't sound right to me. We stayed at a Value for our 2011 trip and were able to use our AAA discount. I had to book through a AAA agent, but I most definitely got a discount. Perhaps things have changed since then, but it existed a few years ago. I'm researching for our anticipated 2015 trip and was hoping to use AAA again since summer doesn't typically come with too many other specials/discounts. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for answers, as well. Good luck! :thumbsup2

There has been a lot of talk about AAA discounts for Disney going away in 2015. I'm still shocked to think they would remove the RO discounts, since I think you can get a AAA discount on pretty much any reputable hotel/motel in the US. But maybe that's really what's going to happen. :confused3

I know MouseSavers showed AAA discounts for 2014 of 10% on Values for all but what Disney calls "Holiday Season" rates. (I've been crunching numbers for Pop vs POFQ based on 2014 rates/discounts.)

I am glad to hear they have given Value Resorts AAA discounts in the past! We have always booked Room Only and have always got something off. The times we usually go are busy times. I work at a school and it is impossible to go during a slow time. This school year we will be getting out earlier then normal usually it is June. Keeping my fingers crossed no snow days!

I did forget about all the AAA and Disney talk....Hopefully they will still continue with the discounts. I should look at possibly doing 2 rooms at a moderate just standard rooms. We usually do the preferred buildings and cram into 1. I was thinking this trip it would be nice to have a little space. Then I started to look at the maps and before I knew it the Pop turned into Preferred Pool Side....Lol!

I will definately be calling back after everything is released and let you know what they say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter