AA has amended our flight

jakesmum

Earning My Ears
We originally had a flight departing from Orlando airport at 12:00, however there has been a schedule change and American Airlines have rebooked us on a flight departing at 11:28. This is our first cruise, and from my understanding to use the DCL onboard check in, your flight can not depart earlier than 11:30. Is this correct? Would they allow us to check in onboard even though it's 2 mins earlier? Has anyone else experienced this before?

You won't be able to do it online. If your flight info doesn't meet their criterias, the options are greyed out. You might be able to arrange it over the phone or onboard ? With an early flight, you might consider getting back to MCO with a private transport (shuttle or town car) and an express walk-off, just to be safe.

You won't be able to do it online. If your flight info doesn't meet their criterias, the options are greyed out. You might be able to arrange it over the phone or onboard ? With an early flight, you might consider getting back to MCO with a private transport (shuttle or town car) and an express walk-off, just to be safe.
You should be able to get on time even with an 11:28 flight. Marc D offers good advice.

We had this issue and AA was really good at accommodating us. Just call them and let them know it won't work.

If you tell DCL that you have a flight at that time, they should be able to get you off and on one of the first buses. I've read about people having flights at 11 a.m. and making it.

I often have an 11:2? flight and DCL has never allowed me to participate in the online checkin but they will let me take the bus

I often have an 11:2? flight and DCL has never allowed me to participate in the online checkin but they will let me take the bus
Yes, you can take the DCL transfer (it's on you if you don't make your flight). But to participate in the Onboard Airline Check in the flight must be after 11:30.

We originally had a flight departing from Orlando airport at 12:00, however there has been a schedule change and American Airlines have rebooked us on a flight departing at 11:28. This is our first cruise, and from my understanding to use the DCL onboard check in, your flight can not depart earlier than 11:30. Is this correct? Would they allow us to check in onboard even though it's 2 mins earlier? Has anyone else experienced this before?

No. We were in the exact same situation and could not use onboard check in. Ridiculous, yes, but it's their policy.

As a side note, AA is famous for changing the flight times. Keep a close watch on it. We have stopped flying AA for this reason.

As a side note, AA is famous for changing the flight times. Keep a close watch on it. We have stopped flying AA for this reason.
Good point. We very rarely fly AA, but when we did a few years ago for a cruise, they changed the times on us for our trip home at least twice.

Would you want to call AA to see if there is a later flight you can take? For whatever reason, AA constantly changes our flight times. They've done it lately and without notice; The first time I got an email that the time has changed. This same flight changed again and I never got a notice. Last time this happened I was so surprised bc it affected our plans, like yours does. Maybe if there is a slightly later time they will book you on it without penalties since they changed it. Wouldn't hurt to try.

I think you'll be OK. There was recently a post on another board stating the flight time was now 11:25 or later.

Last edited:
No. We were in the exact same situation and could not use onboard check in. Ridiculous, yes, but it's their policy.

Unfortunately, it's not just AA. We have had our flight times, or worse days:sad2:, changed in the last two years for every single flight we have flown by Lufthansa, American, United, US Air (before merger complete), Frontier, and possibly Continental. The only airline that hasn't done it is Southwest. Just keep an eye out and sign up for email updates.

How far advance did you book your flight? If you book more than 4 months in advance you run the risk of a time change. Most seats are sold less than a month out so majority of people don't run into this problem. If your booking flights way in advance I would expect time changes. Airlines have to adjust flights and capacity all the time.

I have flown American, Delta, Jet Blue, and even this board's beloved Southwest and have had ALL of them change times/numbers/equipment on me. Every. Single. One.

Changing is not exclusive to one airline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter