• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Wii Fundraiser?

luvtogo12

<font color=darkorchid>I found myself ironing all
I guess I got lucky but I ended up with two Wii's. I tried to return one to Walmart so that someone else could get one but since it has been over 30 days they will not take it back.:confused3
So, I was thinking as a fundraiser for DD's cheer team, I would raffle one off. Would you buy a raffe and if so, how much would you be willing to pay for a raffle ticket?
Of course, I want to recoup what I paid and raise money for the cheer team as well. Do you think this can be done?

Here one of the schools were raffling one off and the ticket for it was 5 dollars. It was a dollar for money and 5 for a chance at the Wii. And alot of people were paying with 5s.

I guess I got lucky but I ended up with two Wii's. I tried to return one to Walmart so that someone else could get one but since it has been over 30 days they will not take it back.:confused3
So, I was thinking as a fundraiser for DD's cheer team, I would raffle one off. Would you buy a raffe and if so, how much would you be willing to pay for a raffle ticket?
Of course, I want to recoup what I paid and raise money for the cheer team as well. Do you think this can be done?
At our school all items that are to raffeled off must be donated. But my DD has a cheer and dance team that is independant and they raffled off a TV and stated all proceeds go to 'XYZ'. One of the dad's manages the appliance store that the TV was from so I don't know if they donated it or not. When I purchase raffle tickets and it states all 'proceeds or profits' I assume that they will get their initial money back. I would talk with whoever is in charge. Just make sure that they know you want to donate all PROFITS and see what happens. If you still have your receipt I would take it with you. As a parent I would let my kids purchase a ticket.

technically you also really need to check with your school about state raffle requirements or any other local regulations.

I know that whenever our school wants to "raffle" something it can be a real PITA. There has to be an Accountant verify the tickets beforehand -- then supervise the drawing -- then reconcile the money collected with the number of tickets sold -- then certify that the prize was given as promised.

We have a guy that volunteers to do this for us for the major fundraisers. I know that sometimes one club or something will sneak something minor by the whole process, but you really aren't supposed to and all it takes is for one person to complain to make a real headache.

But yes, I bet you make money from it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter