• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A whole lot of Ebay nerve!

epcotfan

http://youtube.com/wdwchannel1
I just received a Paypal payment from someone who wrote in the message section that because they were a good customer I should throw in some free stuff.
Holy nerve! I don't have anymore of the merchandise they want and I certainly wouldn't send it now if I did have extra.
Unfreaking believeable! :earseek: :rolleyes:

Anyone else facing ridiculous requests this time of year?

I have sent extra items (sometimes) and been sent extra items (again sometimes) but I have never been asked for them or asked for them myself. :sad2:

I once had someone throw in an extra WDW luggage tag in my e-bay order. I was pleasantly surprised and thanked him for it but to ask seems wierd. Maybe he thought he was funny. :scratchin

Send him some of your old dirty laundry....

dreams91 said:
Send him some of your old dirty laundry....

ROFL! I would throw a dirty sock in there haha.

On another note...I have in the past thrown in freebies for people and rarely get a thank you. Granted, I don't do it to get a thank you, but some appreciation would be nice. I even had one girl win something and I couldn't ship the next day like I had anticipated, so I threw in some toys for her brothers and sisters (she told me their ages), then she turns around and leaves me a neutral for slow shipping. :rolleyes1

CheapMom said:
could he have been kidding???

Nope. This definitely wasn't a joke. The person said other sellers have rewarded them with an extra surprise pin and it would be nice if I did too.
:rolleyes:

I too have thrown in extras for really awesome customers. People that just flat out ask are arrogant and frankly don't deserve it.

Doesn't surprise me at all!

I used to work in a little souvenir shop (not in Disney) and people would buy a few $.99 items and then ask for me to throw something in for free since they bought so many things.

It didn't even seem to bother them that I would lose my job for stealing if I did it!

I would never ask, but I've been thrilled a few times when a seller has thrown in something extra. Even though they were usually low price or even items the person probably got for free, it is very nice to be surprised. I always make sure to note it on the feedback in a way that every buyer won't expect something free.

Sheila

I just wanted to add that this person's purchase might have duty owed on it since it is not domestic. If I were to start adding freebies chances are they would have to pay for them too. I've had customs open packages and count the items inside and assign value to each of them.

Nothing surprises me with some people on eBay.
It never fails that all the weird ones gather around my auctions.
This last time I listed things a lady wanted a partial refund because the item wasn't the item she really intended to buy. I had 3 pictures of the item in my listing. She said her daughter didn't really want this item, but wanted it in another color. She couldn't afford to buy both, so if I gave her 1/2 of her money back she could go get the right one. Nope.
Another lady emailed me after she got my item wanting a full refund. She bought over 100 items in November, and now couldn't pay her credit card bills. She wanted me to send her $10 so she could reship the item back to me, and then wanted all her money plus original shipping back. There was nothing wrong with the item. She overspent on too many auctions, and then she wanted me to send her more money to ship it back to me. When I said no she called me all sorts of bad names.

I don't sell very often. After this last few auctions I think I'm taking a 6 month break from ebay.

Send the package off with a note that some extra pixie dust is enclosed.

I have thrown in little extras and not received any thanks as well. I have had two people this week tell me to mail priority insured with delivery confirmation!!!! Neither one paid the $1.30 insurance. One guy said for $4.00 it should include insurance. Priority was $3.95!!! Ebay attracts all kinds.

I cant imagine asking someone for an extra. I would send him a note stating you recieved his note on paypal regarding the extra and ask if making a pin donation to a child in-need at christmas with both yours and his name make his day a little brighter.

Tink~

Gee, I thought I only got the nut cases! In any event, people never cease to amaze me! :rolleyes:

Some people get a whole lot by just asking. I agree its cheeky.....but then I'm always amazed at how much people manage to work the system by asking.

I work for a brewpub and we get letters all the time asking for label, no big deal. But every so often we will get ones asking for "big ticket" items, like Tee's, Tap Handles, etc. Depending they will either get a set of labels or NOTHING.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter