• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A WDW Wedding under 10k?

Belle2Be

Peace, Love and Disney
Am I completely off base in hoping for a smallish (about 20 people) wedding in WDW for about 10k? We don't meet with the coordinator until September, but I have looked at the info they sent and I thought it was do-able...
Is there a thread somewhere with how much you paid?
Thanks!

Are you having a Wishes or Escape wedding? That will definitely be a deciding factor.

There is currently a $10k minimum expenditure option for a wishes wedding and the only requirement is that you have a morning ceremony, you can even have a 12pm ceremony with this option. It must be a weekday wedding. This does not include taxes and service charges but those won't be that much past the $10k. We were at $11k and our taxes/service charges were a little under $2k.

It's possible and you just have to be very clear to your planner that this is a hard limit for you.

Now if you're having an escape you could do it for under $10k!!

Escape weddings can be easy to keep under $10k if you don't add many enhancements. Before I added the MK/AK photoshoots my wedding was $500 over the $4750 package price. You could add a dessert party at sago Cay or even in Epcot and stay under $10k and really amaze your guests.

Phew! I'm not sure which one I'm having yet, I don't even know the difference :/ We do want a morning wedding, a brunch reception and then spend the rest of the day in the park :)

I always use the word small when I talk about my escape wedding but never put a price on it and I am coming out at 10, 500 that is before taxes...if I feel like I have to drop something I will. This is also a ceremony for 25 ppl...the best thing I would say to you is to look around the boards see what elements you want for your wedding, and then start a budget sheet to get a rough idea of what it would cost you. Make sure to include the prices for the marriage liscense, airfare, resort, and on and on...this what I did to get to my number and feel comfortable...:love:

Ours is coming in at around £12k. I KNOW this is more, a) because it's in £, but b) because it is inclusive of a 2 week holiday (at WL) for me, DP, and DS
also we have added some extras to our package, so we are having

Dinner at AP
extra floral
Mickey and Donald (in their tuxes)
drinks

SO...I should imagine that given that we are 18 people, it would be fairly easy to keep it all under $10k - Oh and it includes bridal party gifts, brides dress, invites, everything.

Lx

We are having our ceremony at the WP, doing a lunch at a restaurant off property, getting custom made wedding bands, allotting an extra $300 for floral, ordering 2 additional bottles of sparkling cider and are at $9, 825. Granted that doesn't cover any of our clothing or honeymoon.

We had an Escape wedding and we spent just a little over $10000 INCLUDING all of our honeymoon expenses (lodging, food, travel, etc) and literally includes everything we spent (welcome bags, invitations/StDs, bridal attire, bridal accessories, groom's attire, MOH attire, bridal party gifts, rings, etc). The actual DFTW portion including our outside photographer was about $7400. So it's definitely possible to be under $10,000!!!

Wow...I'm just in the "consideration" stage of planning our VR at WDW next August. I was WAY off base on pricing after seeing this post and looking at the budgets that had been posted. Maybe we should wait until our 20th Anniversary instead of our tenth?!

Wow...I'm just in the "consideration" stage of planning our VR at WDW next August. I was WAY off base on pricing after seeing this post and looking at the budgets that had been posted. Maybe we should wait until our 20th Anniversary instead of our tenth?!

Vow renewals are cheaper I think? Check this out-
http://www. magicalkingdoms .com/ftw/wdw/vowfaq. html

It all depends on what you want. It is completely possible to have a DFTW (or VR in your case) for a decent price. From my research, it's when you start adding in lots of extras like floral or dessert parties that tend to take it above the $10K mark. We had limited floral enhancements and didn't have a DP so it was quite easy to keep it under 10K.

My sister just spoke to her planner yesterday and for a Sat. a.m. Wishes wedding the minimum is $10,000. So you can have a wedding on the weekend with that budget, as long as it's in the morning (food/beverage must be completed by 4 for this lower minimum expenditure).

Looks like the minimum is about 1k lower:confused3

That web page is terribly out of date—none of the prices listed are correct for anything: Wishes, Escape, the deposit, the minimums, the seasons... Magical Kingdoms is a great site for looking at menus, though! :goodvibes

Your best bet for accurate pricing is the official Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings web site. :thumbsup2 ...Usually... :teeth:

That web page is terribly out of date—none of the prices listed are correct for anything: Wishes, Escape, the deposit, the minimums, the seasons... Magical Kingdoms is a great site for looking at menus, though! :goodvibes

Your best bet for accurate pricing is the official Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings web site. :thumbsup2 ...Usually... :teeth:
It says the prices are good til Sept 2010? I can't find any of the menus or anything on the disney fairytales site, what is the magical kingdom site?

Correct. The menus on that site happen to be current because I sent them the latest ones. ;)

Magical Kingdoms, MouseWeddings and the like are all independent sites not affiliated with Disney. Do not take anything you read on these sites as gospel. They are only updated sporadically. Just because the site says those prices are good through Sept. 2010 does not mean they are. :cutie:

Here are the pricing pages from the official DFTW site. You will see the Wishes pricing structure is completely different now:

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/pricing/wishes/detail

http://disneyweddings.disney.go.com/weddings/florida/pricing/escape/detail

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter