• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Warning About Posting Discount Codes and Coupons

aka-mad4themouse

<font color="blue">Budget Board Co-Host</font>
Please do not post discount codes or coupons that are intended for use by specific demographic groups.

That includes:
  • Hotel discount codes for alumni groups or conventions.
  • Ticket discount codes for military personnel or corporations.
  • Car rental discounts that are for specific CC holders.
  • Links to CVS coupons that are sent to individuals thru email.

In other words, if it is not meant for use by the general public, it should not be posted on a public forum. Please note that in the Posting Guidelines, it states:
9. DISCOUNT CODES: As mentioned above, the DIS is all about planning a Disney vacation. On occasion, Disney does release discounts which usually can be obtained via a code. This information will be available in our Discounts section. However, Disney also sends mailings to specific individuals/target groups which contain a discount that can only be obtained with a PIN (personal identification number.) If you receive one of these offers, please do not share your PIN/Code on the DIS for others to use. We respect the fact that these offers are not for the general public and will remove any posts that include this information. Understand that this action is for your protection. For example, say you use Mrs. Smith's code. When you check in and are asked to produce proof that you are Mrs. Smith and cannot do so, you will be charged the full rate.

The same can be said for ANY discount codes. Your enthusiasm for helping other DISers is appreciated, but your cooperation is expected. Thank you.

Thank you for the reminder. As one who travels about 300 days a year, I can assure readers that there are limits on rooms, cars, and other discounts specifically negotiated for certain companies or groups.

It can be frustrating not to be able to book a rate to which one is entitled, because BettyLouontheInternet found a code for which she is not eligible.

And I can also assure readers that travel providers are more likely to check affiliation to ensure that one is eligible for a given rate - the internet has created somewhat of a monster in this regard.

Is it OK to post the Friends and Family codes for stuff? I always get a ton of them (usually JC Penny) - is it cool to put them on here?

Is it OK to post the Friends and Family codes for stuff? I always get a ton of them (usually JC Penny) - is it cool to put them on here?

I would imagine it depends on the wording of the offer. I know that several F&F codes I have seen recently all said something like "Forward this email to your friends so they can take advantage of the F&F sale". If it is something like that there should be no problem passing it on to your friends on the Dis. Then again I'm not a mod so please don't be mad if I am wrong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter