• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A vitamin to help with dark eye circles?? Anyone.

decaff38

1/2 in the World - 1/9/05!!
I have heard of Vitamin K for bruising. Do you think it would help with under eye circles. Not a fan of makeup so want to work from the inside out. I know I need more sleep and I will work on that too. Thanks

Drinking more water and possibly allergy medicine can help as well, I don't know about vitamins.

I have heard vitamin k but I have taken it and it really didn't do too much for my circles. But I've heard some people just have circles and there is nothing you can do about it....I think I'm one of those people.

I have the worst dark under eye circles. I got some Aveeno stuff today. Can't remember the name, but it is a roller with a metal ball. I really hope it helps.
My mom always tells me I look tired! lol. Of course I am tired, my 6 mo old wakes up at least twice a night and my 4 year old sleeps with me!
If only I could pull this off: :cool2:

Do you have allergies? I know when I took my DD to the Dr. once the Dr. called the dark bags under her eyes "allergic shiners". Maybe if you can address the allergies the darkness will go away. Good luck!

I have bad circles too - It's just my skin coloring mostly. I have tried a bunch of stuff. Those roller-ball things are annoying - really just concealer - which is fine if you market it that way. Anyway - not sure about vitamins. I should try more water.

I have to tell you I was not feeling well a week ago (was hung-over to tell you the truth) and honestly couldn't get out of bed all morning so decided to stay there the majority of Saturday - which hasn't happened since college! Anyway - over the course of Friday night at midnight to Sunday morning at 8-ish - I likely slept about 24 or 26 hours. Finally getting up on Sunday and feeling more myself - I looked in the mirror and WOW - I couldn't believe how GOOD I looked. It definitely improved my circles - NOT that I can count on that much sleep ever for another 10 years or so. But I was amazed at how much immediate effect it had!

Oh well - guess I just have to live with the circles most of the time!

I went to the doctor because my allergies were acting up. The first thing he said was that he could tell I had allergies because of my dark circles. I said, "Oh, I thought that was because I don't sleep well." I never knew allergies could give dark circles, and I have had allergies all my life!!

Maggie

My daughter has had those circles since she was little. She also didn't sleep well. Last winter she started breaking out in hives. In trying to figure out the cause we pulled wheat out of her diet. The circles (and dry skin) went away w/in a week, and she started sleeping better.

Wheat and dairy do it--experiment with avoiding those two things for about 2 weeks and see the difference!

Dark eye circles can be a hereditary thing too. But a few things that should help:

1. There are several undereye circle roller ball serums. I specifically use Garnier, but CVS makes a similar version for about 3 bucks less. (As a PP said, It is NOT makeup or concealer)

2. Using cool green tea bags on your eyes for about 15 minutes. Then wash with an anti aging face wash.

3. Cucumber slices on your eyes. It reduces the dark circles by decreasing the blood flow to the area much like a bruise.

4. A good nights sleep. If you have a problem falling asleep I have found that taking 5mg of Melatonin helps tremendously.

Other reasons why you might have them are, Smoking, Allergies & Stress.

No allergies. Sleep fine. I am over 50 and have noticed them more often in the last year. Take meletonin to sleep already. WIll look into those cream ideas. Need to drink more water too. THanks

Wheat and dairy do it--experiment with avoiding those two things for about 2 weeks and see the difference!

Dairy is what does it with me. I'm not "allergic" to it, but whe I lose the dairy for AT LEAST two weeks, and I'm talking EVERYTHING related to daury, even casein and whey, the circles disappear. It's amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter