A very merry unbirthday to me! Sept 2016 PTR ** 8/18/16**

We changed plans to include Club Villain too. :maleficen

Went in September last year, and can confirm it is that hot. :crazy2: I'm bringing 2 outfits a day this year (only partially motivated by the fact that I have a lot of Disney clothes, the other part is I hate being sweaty). I didn't change every day last year, but was more comfortable on days I did change.

I live in NY too and it's just a different type of heat. It's really humid too. NY feels mild in comparision.

My Club Villain outfit:

image.jpeg

I'll have to take pics of the rest. I started putting them aside but didn't finish.

We changed plans to include Club Villain too. :maleficen

Went in September last year, and can confirm it is that hot. :crazy2: I'm bringing 2 outfits a day this year (only partially motivated by the fact that I have a lot of Disney clothes, the other part is I hate being sweaty). I didn't change every day last year, but was more comfortable on days I did change.

I live in NY too and it's just a different type of heat. It's really humid too. NY feels mild in comparision.

My Club Villain outfit:

View attachment 183131

I'll have to take pics of the rest. I started putting them aside but didn't finish.

SO CUTE!!!!! I love it! Too bad we won't be there on the same day to take pix together haha :cutie::cutie:

So pretty much after you choose your resort and your package, do you ADRs, select FastPasses... all there is to do is just.... wait..... :surfweb:

I have picked up a few more things, most notably, the last piece for my Villians Lounge outfit! Can you guess who I am doing an homage to??
1470946699126-jpg.187332

(please forgive the messy house! and yes those are Mary Blair stickers on my phone!!)
My true favorite villian is Ursula but I can make do with some other wicked ladies. I showed my hubby The Princess and the Frog so he would know about the shadow man and not be confused. He pointed out that Mama Odie looks like our downstairs neighbor :rotfl2: wish he hadn't because now I always chuckle when I see her (probably thinks I'm loosing it)

We also had a Lady and the Tramp night (my husband is a good sport! LOL!)

1470948205012-jpg.187333

What a great movie! I hadn't seen it since I was a kid, forgot how awesome it was. What are you doing to prepare/count down the days???
:mickeyjum

Next installment here

Attachments

• 1470946699126.jpg
    1470946699126.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 1470948205012.jpg
    1470948205012.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

We'll be there at the same time as you! I love your outfits!

I'm looking in to CSR for my May trip. I'm excited to hear what you think. Will you be doing a trip report?

Like @Raeven said, it is very hot in Sept. This time around we are giving ourselves more time to go back to the resort and relax but in the past we just didn't have time to change. Especially for our TS dinners. That was the really hard part - being gross for dinner. So what I would do would bring some extra under garments in my bag (in a plastic bag) and some travel wipes. Then I would go into the bathroom right before dinner and freshen up a bit. That really helped a lot.

I just had a Disney day at the 30 day mark where I made Mickey head rice crispy treats. So good. My parents have never seen Lilo and Stitch so I think we'll do that on the 20 day mark. I'm glad you got O'Hana. I've heard so many great things but we're already maxed out (budget wise) with our ADRs and I don't want to give any of them up!

Other than that, to pass the time I've been making CM appreciation cards to give out to CMs who sprinkle a little extra pixie dust on our vacation. I'm also trying to enjoy each day and not just wish my days away so that I can get to Disney. But it's really really hard!!! I would hate to get into the rush through the day mindset and then feel that way on my Disney vacation. I want to get every last minute out of each day of my vacation!

The waiting is the worst part! I've switched my plans up enough and I guess I'm finally done which is sooo boring :rotfl:

Lady and the Tramp is on my re-watch list! I really want to try Tonys someday for the theming even if the food isn't great.

We'll be there at the same time as you! I love your outfits!

I'm looking in to CSR for my May trip. I'm excited to hear what you think. Will you be doing a trip report?

Like @Raeven said, it is very hot in Sept. This time around we are giving ourselves more time to go back to the resort and relax but in the past we just didn't have time to change. Especially for our TS dinners. That was the really hard part - being gross for dinner. So what I would do would bring some extra under garments in my bag (in a plastic bag) and some travel wipes. Then I would go into the bathroom right before dinner and freshen up a bit. That really helped a lot.

I just had a Disney day at the 30 day mark where I made Mickey head rice crispy treats. So good. My parents have never seen Lilo and Stitch so I think we'll do that on the 20 day mark. I'm glad you got O'Hana. I've heard so many great things but we're already maxed out (budget wise) with our ADRs and I don't want to give any of them up!

Other than that, to pass the time I've been making CM appreciation cards to give out to CMs who sprinkle a little extra pixie dust on our vacation. I'm also trying to enjoy each day and not just wish my days away so that I can get to Disney. But it's really really hard!!! I would hate to get into the rush through the day mindset and then feel that way on my Disney vacation. I want to get every last minute out of each day of my vacation!

Wow, say hi if you see me :) I am thinking of doing a trip report, we'll see how many pics I get, and how much I remember after :laughing:
Thanks for the advice about staying fresh, that's a great idea I never would have thought of. I'm trying to leave some swim & rest time for us, but I'm also not sure exactly how long it will take us to get around. Also love the suggestion about something for CMs! We had one last time who we still talk about to this day, always regret that I didn't do anything for him!

The waiting is the worst part! I've switched my plans up enough and I guess I'm finally done which is sooo boring :rotfl:

Lady and the Tramp is on my re-watch list! I really want to try Tonys someday for the theming even if the food isn't great.

Don't worry, you are SO CLOSE! well... to 1 trip! You have 2 to look forward to! Hahaha

HI Sara, joining in :) We have a little overlap in our dates! My hubby and I eloped too, Hawaii :) Its the way to go. Anyhoo, we will also be at AK on the 9th and MK on the 10th, but we go home on the 10th (boo!). Cant wait to hear more!

Wow, say hi if you see me :) I am thinking of doing a trip report, we'll see how many pics I get, and how much I remember after :laughing:
Thanks for the advice about staying fresh, that's a great idea I never would have thought of. I'm trying to leave some swim & rest time for us, but I'm also not sure exactly how long it will take us to get around. Also love the suggestion about something for CMs! We had one last time who we still talk about to this day, always regret that I didn't do anything for him!

I will totally say Hi if I see you! However, I am usually totally oblivious to people while I'm walking around. My friend is always people watching and I am just focused on my destination. She's always saying, "Whoa, did you see that cute dress? or That's a big family! or Did you see that??" And I always reply, "Where? Who? I don't know what you are talking about." :laughing:

I think that breaks are really hard to schedule because you really don't know what you are going to feel like that day. I try to be prepared with anything I need for the whole day just in case. So then I don't rely on needing to take a break to get my stuff for dinner. But then that is either a lot of stuff to lug around or you get a locker or you be really careful with your clothes choices.

You can still do something for him! You can email Guest Relations at wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com with the day, time, and the name of the CM if you know it, and what was so awesome about him.

HI Sara, joining in :) We have a little overlap in our dates! My hubby and I eloped too, Hawaii :) Its the way to go. Anyhoo, we will also be at AK on the 9th and MK on the 10th, but we go home on the 10th (boo!). Cant wait to hear more!

Hello!!! It is so nice for someone to AGREE about eloping and not act like I am crazy :cutie: woohoo! say hello if you see me :teeth:

I will totally say Hi if I see you! However, I am usually totally oblivious to people while I'm walking around. My friend is always people watching and I am just focused on my destination. She's always saying, "Whoa, did you see that cute dress? or That's a big family! or Did you see that??" And I always reply, "Where? Who? I don't know what you are talking about." :laughing:

I think that breaks are really hard to schedule because you really don't know what you are going to feel like that day. I try to be prepared with anything I need for the whole day just in case. So then I don't rely on needing to take a break to get my stuff for dinner. But then that is either a lot of stuff to lug around or you get a locker or you be really careful with your clothes choices.

You can still do something for him! You can email Guest Relations at wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com with the day, time, and the name of the CM if you know it, and what was so awesome about him.

OMG I am the SAME WAY!

I definitely I email about him, I just didn't even think to do cards or gifts! I knew they couldnt take tips but I just read on here that gifts under $5 are ok, so I think I'll bring some chocolates or something this time, along with appreciation cards. That's a great idea.

FINALLY I got our Magic Bands! Actually, the delivery attempt was Monday, but no one was home :sad1: so they were held hostage at the Post Office since I went to a lecture Tuesday night and couldn't get there before clong. ARGHH. But luckily when I went yesterday I got a little pre-trip pixie dust because there was NO LINE. Yes it's true. I thought the window was closed, I have NEVER seen the Post Office with no line. NEVER!
1471531154308-jpg.188414

1471531087521-jpg.188415

This is my dearly loved Mickey Seiko! It's vintage deadstock (meaning never worn or opened!) from the 60th anniversary of Mickey Mouse. My dh found it on EBAY! What a sweetheart! You can still spot them sometimes. Other cool ones too, I once saw a King Louie one where his arms went around!! :love:

21 days! IDK how I'll make it! So excited I might burst. What last minute things does everyone need to take care of? Or what last minute things will you probably forget :scared:?? I am the QUEEN of forgetting 1 essential thing every time I travel. It's hopeless. LOL

Attachments

• 1471531154308.jpg
    1471531154308.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 1471531087521.jpg
    1471531087521.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 14
Ah I can't wait for MagicBands mine say they could "ship any moment" :tigger:

I made a checklist of last minute things. Like go to the ATM, empty the garbage, set the dvr, etc and I've had a packing checklist for awhile because my boyfriend forgot half his stuff last time we went away for a weekend :rotfl:

Magic Band deliveries are the best!

Luckily, my DH will be home so I don't really have to take care of anything there. I just need to make sure that he has a plan for picking us up from the airport at the end!

I've been working on my packing list. However, I usually forget at least one thing. And it's never the same thing. Which kind of stinks because if it was the same thing I could just remember to put it on my packing list and I wouldn't forget it.

I've forgotten toothbrush and paste multiple times but that is usually pretty easy to get.

I've also forgotten underwear. That was fun. Luckily, it wasn't at Disney, it was a weekend getaway so we had a car and I we were able to stop and get some. Whew! I feel like this isn't the only time I've forgotten them. Or socks.

I'm running around last minute grabbing things and checking off the list and only remember things I've forgotten when I'm quiet and relaxed. Usually while sitting on the plane or in the TSA line. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter