A Trip of Firsts

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
We just completed our first May trip to WDW and I think it's one of the best times to go. We usually do August, when the heat and crowds are higher. May was a pleasant surprise. We stayed at POFQ for the first time, and we also traveled to WDW by train--another first for us. We spent two days at the parks and two days going to places like Disney Springs and monorail/skyliner resort-hopping. It was a more low-key trip for us and I think that might be our new thing. Instead of 5-6 days of commando park-hopping, we can take more frequent shorter trips! Loved POFQ, although kind of disappointed in the beignets. They were more like regular donuts to us and I heard they changed them from the lighter, square-shaped ones. We didn't do AK for lack of time. but we will incorporate that park next time. We got to ride Tron and it was a fun, albiet short ride. I'm not sure I will go out of my way to ride it every visit however. I didn't do Guardians, but my DNiece rode it and loved it. It was also our first Flower and Garden experience and although nice, we preferred the food from Food and Wine. The flowers were gorgeous and I'm glad we got to see them. We rode Ratatouille for the first time and it was lots of fun. We did get stuck on the skyliner for about 20 minutes :scratchin but it was during the Epcot night show and we could see Spaceship Earth from our vantage point. I know there are other things I'm not remembering right now, but all in all it was a very nice trip and like all WDW trips before it, I was reluctant to return to the real world :rolleyes1 :laughing:

Thanks for sharing- I would love to be able to take some shorter trips as well- but not practical for us due to the distance. Glad you had a great trip :-)

Thanks for sharing- I would love to be able to take some shorter trips as well- but not practical for us due to the distance. Glad you had a great trip :-)
Thanks Counting Stars :flower1: I did lose my new bucket hat on HM, and it was never found, but there are worse things to lose :rolleyes1

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter