A question about packing?

Hollymom1229

Art's Girl
I wasn't sure where to post this, but this looked like the best place. For the trip my fiancee and I will be making in September we'd like to eat our breakfasts in the room. The prices being what they are in Orlando we were hoping to pack up a suitcase with a case of bottled water, a box or two of Nutrigrain bars, and some other breakfast non-perishables. We'd then pick up the perishables in Orlando on our Tiffany stop.

I was wondering if anyone else has done this, and if so how well the suitcase full of stuff traveled. We'd be checking it and I'm a little nervous. Thanks for the help.

Have you thought about ordering the stuff online and having it shipped? I'd worry about packing bottled water. The other alternative might be to pack lighter stuff and buy the bottled water along with your perishables.

Actually, if you stop at the Publix near WDW(on SR 192 I think it is),their prices are about average for what you'd find in any grocery store. Goodings(near the Marketplace/DD area)is outrageous. The Publix is just as close to WDW, but you're shopping in a regular grocery store as opposed to a market that is priced for tourists. Since you're doing a grocery stop for perishables anyhow,I'd think about buying everything then, and forget about the worry of packing any food.If that's not an option for some reason, I don't think I'd pack water. I think I'd buy that at the grocery stop too.

One year, we packed food into a suitcase, and it traveled really well. You will want to be extra careful in packing liquids, most of those we bought at a local store. Anything boxed, bagged or canned did really well, and save us alot of money!! Goodluck!

I would like to stop at the publix on the way fromthe airport can anyone tell me how to get there
thanks

I have experience carrying water and food in my luggage. When we went to Russia last October, I packed 2 - 1 liter bottles of water in each of our carryons. I packed PB ritz bitz, trail mix, other crackers, candy bars, etc., too. They were spread between our suitcases and our carryons. Everything arrived undamaged, but the water was heavy as anything. If I was told that I could buy bottled water in the train station in Moscow, I'd have foregone carrying it with us. Of course, I thought we'd be traveling home lighter, but we wound up substituting wine for the water on our way back. At least now I have a bottle of Russian wine for each of our children's wedding days that we can open some 20 years from now. Even though it's being properly stored, it will probably be vinegar by then, since I've never heard of high-quality wines coming out of Muldova... ah, but I digress.

I've also carried pop tarts and granola bars with success.... I'd just leave the water for my grocery stop.

If Tiffany stops at Publix for you, then I would get everything there. You can get one of those big styrofoam coolers really cheap and get everything you'll need.Make sure you make a list. You may want to make two lists and split up while in the store to save on time. You can then get ice from your hotel. Publix shouldn't be anymore expensive than any other grocery store. It's where I shop every week down here in Hollywood, FL!

Disnee Dad Says.................................We always pack dry foods, we save a few dollars, but mostly do it so when we come back we have an empty carry on to pile souvenirs into!

I would stop at Publix & get what you need. Instead of putting the food in the suitcase I would pack a small, inexpensive toaster oven for your room. We have done this & it comes in handy not only for breakfast, but also to make individual pizzas for lunch or dinner. You can also make toasted cheese sandwiches. Saves time & money, plus it's a lot lighter than bottled water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter