A Pre Thanksgiving/Christmas Vacation, Our First Split Stay & Our 5th Trip to Disney!

In the beginning was this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1339721 and Mickey saw that it was :snooty::snooty::snooty:!

I can't believe you found that original thread!

Yes, we all started chatting back in 2007 when we were planning our May trips. Then we came up with the name - the MAYers. Get it? Pretty clever huh? Then somehow this became our sign/mascot -> :snooty:

And we've been chatting nearly daily ever since. :grouphug:

Thanks!

Wow, y'all have some history! That is so neat! Is the original OP still posting?

...we finally saw ITTBAB at AK on this past trip. DH and I thought it was okay. The kids really enjoyed it.

I think we enjoyed the company we had during the show more than the actual show itself. :thumbsup2

So we are looking forward to IllumiNations. We've never really had a good spot for it, so we've never really been able to see the whole thing. Any suggestions for a good spot to see it and then make a quick escape for the buses?

We sat right at the fence in front of the shop between the entrance to World Showcase and Canada. I think we stood for the actual show. We got there over an hour early, but we made phone calls and took turns taking the girls into the shop to pick out some candy treats. We were among the first people out of the park, too. I thought it was a great area!

Thanks Wendy! Welcome to my PTR!

I just looked at your signature. I didn't realize you have been to Disney 28 times!!! :worship: WOW!

Yes, we are very excited to see Disney all decorated up! :santa: I think I'm the most excited! :yay:

Your too funny.... those 28 trips are since I was married...we also went a lot as a child with my parents.... so its all their fault.... they are the ones that started this obsession...

In all the times I have been there we have never seen the Osbourne lights on... we were always there a day or two before they were gong to start... someday I am hoping to see them... for now I will have to enjoy all the wonderful photos that you will take:thumbsup2...

Sounds like lots of fun. Your boys are adorable and that works out nicely that you and dh both have a riding partner :goodvibes My dh will NOT go on anything that spins, twirls, move fast, etc..... He likes the benches and he likes to people watch. Whatever makes him happy right!!!!!!

We took our first trip this past May and cannot wait to go back in August!!!!

I'll delurk. We hated Block Party. We asked a CM where to sit, and we saw nothing. Stuff way down the road and by the time they got to us, all we got was Flick's butt while he danced. Total waste of time.

Okay- to be proper, you can't say "Butt". You MUST say "Behind". FTR-- I wouldn't want to look at any part of Flick- butt, behind or otherwise, either.
:snooty:*Sniff*:snooty:... to blue for my tastes.

:lmao:

Did you go in Nov. of last year??? I think I know you from somewhere and I don't know where.:confused: I think I *might* have lurked on one of your TR's before.:scared1:

:laughing:

:goodvibes

Jo

Jane---

:goodvibes
You don't have to be a MAYer, MAYer (Meaning- going in MAY) to join us in our talks. Yes we have history- all of us together- but we are always welcoming new members.

Pop in and stay awhile with us.:goodvibes

(Sorry Shel-- Off topic, I know)--

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled Pre Trip report. WE need an update, Miss Thang.

Jo

Thanks!

Wow, y'all have some history! That is so neat! Is the original OP still posting?

No, unfortunately the OP doesn't post much anymore. :confused3 She pops in once in awhile, so do some of the other "originals". But there are some of us that just never leave!!! :rotfl:

And yes, as JO said - feel free to post, we like new MAYers!

I think we enjoyed the company we had during the show more than the actual show itself. :thumbsup2

We sat right at the fence in front of the shop between the entrance to World Showcase and Canada. I think we stood for the actual show. We got there over an hour early, but we made phone calls and took turns taking the girls into the shop to pick out some candy treats. We were among the first people out of the park, too. I thought it was a great area!

Yes, we definitely had more fun sitting with you guys than watching ITTBAB! :rotfl:

I think we were somewhere near there the one time we did watch IllumiNations, but we somehow ended up having that big awning from the boat dock in our way. :confused3 And we were not up by the fence. We really need to get there earlier and hunt out a good spot!

Your too funny.... those 28 trips are since I was married...we also went a lot as a child with my parents.... so its all their fault.... they are the ones that started this obsession...

In all the times I have been there we have never seen the Osbourne lights on... we were always there a day or two before they were gong to start... someday I am hoping to see them... for now I will have to enjoy all the wonderful photos that you will take:thumbsup2...

Yep, I will definitely take lots of Osborne Lights pics! :thumbsup2

Sounds like lots of fun. Your boys are adorable and that works out nicely that you and dh both have a riding partner :goodvibes My dh will NOT go on anything that spins, twirls, move fast, etc..... He likes the benches and he likes to people watch. Whatever makes him happy right!!!!!!

We took our first trip this past May and cannot wait to go back in August!!!!

Thanks! :goodvibes

Welcome to my PTR!

Yep, that's what I always say to DH - hey, whatever makes you happy! :rotfl:

(Sorry Shel-- Off topic, I know)--

Okay, now back to our regularly scheduled Pre Trip report. WE need an update, Miss Thang.

Jo

Okay okay! Sorry for the delay. I was at the school all morning. For those of you who don't know me - my career is a professional volunteer!! :rotfl: At least that's what it seems like when school & soccer start!

Here's a little update ~

:woohoo::cool1: I JUST PAID OFF OUR TRIP!!!!! :cool1::woohoo:

My 45 day mark isn't for 2 more weeks, but I just wanted to get it done while I had the chance.

Now, what were we going to talk about today? Oh yeah, food!! DH and I love to eat!! You'd never know by looking at us, but we eat all the time!

These are all the TS places we have been to so far ~

Rainforest Cafe
Crystal Palace breakfast (2X)
Crystal Palace dinner
Planet Hollywood
Garden Grill
Coral Reef
Hollywood & Vine dinner
Donald's Restaurantosauras breakfast (no longer available)
Chef Mickey's dinner (3X)
Mama Melrose (2X)
LeCellier (2X)
Ohana breakfast
Cape May breakfast
Sci-Fi Dine-In
1900 Park Fare dinner
Tusker House breakfast
Plaza Restaurant
Big River Grille

So where will we be eating in November?

These are all the CS places we have been to so far ~

CBR Food Court (6X)
Pecos Bill
Boulongie Patiseree (2X)
Toy Story Pizza Planet (2X)
POFQ Food Court (3X)
Casey's Corner (3X)
Wolfgang Puck Express (2X)
Electric Umbrella
CSR Food Court (3X)
Restaurantosauras
Earl of Sandwich
Cooke's of Dublin

So what's the CS plan for November?

Yeah!!:cheer2: You started a PTR! Can't wait to hear more of your plans, especially about the restaurants. I don't have much dining experience at Disney except for the classic Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace.

I can't believe you're only 2 months out!

Yeah!!:cheer2: You started a PTR! Can't wait to hear more of your plans, especially about the restaurants. I don't have much dining experience at Disney except for the classic Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace.

I can't believe you're only 2 months out!

Welcome Kim! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear all about your Christmas surprise!! :yay:

So as I said before, and as you can see from the lists above - we love to eat at Disney. DH likes to tease me and sometimes says that the food is the only reason he goes to Disney! :rotfl: That's how I knew I could talk him into going in November when we got that free dining offer. You can't beat free food!

We want to do some new restaurants and of course some old favorites too. So when we were staying at POR for 8 nights with free dining we had to come up with 8 TS ADR's. Just when I had that all planned out we decided to change things up and move to OKW for the last 2 nights with a room only ressie. So that means we will be without the DDP for the last few days! :eek: Actually as far as I can tell it will only be our last full day that we will be without. The credits don't expire until midnight the day we check out of POR, which is on a Friday. I'm sure we will have credits left over, we always do. So we will use them up that day one way or another. So Saturday we will be without the DDP and then we will leave Sunday morning.

So one Sunday morning in August I got up early before church while the rest of the family was fast asleep and I made our ADR's. I was on hold for what seemed like forever and decided to mess around with the online reservations while I was on hold. When I was in the middle of that the CM finally answered the phone! In the end I had a few double reservations. So the next day I cancelled the ones we didn't need online and printed out the ones we kept!

These are the ADR's we have~

Sci-Fi Dine In dinner
Whispering Canyon Cafe dinner
San Angel Inn dinner (which we may cancel and go to Big River Grille or Beaches & Cream)
Captain's Grille dinner (again, we may cancel and go to Big River Grille or Beaches & Cream)
Kona Cafe breakfast
LeCellier dinner
Crystal Palace breakfast

I was able to get everything I wanted on the dates I wanted them and within an hour of what I wanted! Since then I have been messing with my plans a bit and have tried to switch a few things around but it's a no go. Everything appears to be booked! :scared1: I hope that doesn't mean we are in for huge crowds. :scared:

Up Next: CS talk anyone?

LOL - I have it saved on my Dis User CP, Quicklinks, Subscribed Threads

I can't believe you found that original thread!

Yes, we all started chatting back in 2007 when we were planning our May trips. Then we came up with the name - the MAYers. Get it? Pretty clever huh? Then somehow this became our sign/mascot -> :snooty:

And we've been chatting nearly daily ever since. :grouphug:

TRIXIE!!!!!Where have you been? you need to come say hey!!Shelly moved our old thread over so we could all stay together no matter when we are doing Disney!!! We miss you girl!!!!!

Hey Shawna! :wave2: I've been around, just not in all of my usual places. :laughing: I'll have to stop by the January thread sometime.

You're going back already, too? And for Christmas even? Very cool. We're thinking November 2010, which is going to come WAY faster than I think it is!

Are you going to to a PTR or TR?

Hey Shawna! :wave2: I've been around, just not in all of my usual places. :laughing: I'll have to stop by the January thread sometime.

You're going back already, too? And for Christmas even? Very cool. We're thinking November 2010, which is going to come WAY faster than I think it is!

Are you going to to a PTR or TR?

Mamma Snowbird (Shelly, for those of you who don't know!), moved us over to the Community Board, and we are the Snowbird Chat. We do have a Snowbird Jan 2010 thread for the rest of the group going back in Jan. So, come visit us on both!!!
I have thought about doing a PTR....it might help tide me over!! I think I am at 85 days today......can't believe Shelly is soooo close!!!
For Illuminations...we usually like to watch it closer to the UK and Canada area...then if you want to ride the boat out, you are right there and don't have to walk all the way through FW. Of course, this worked great too when we were at the BC!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter