• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A place for cheap white candles?

RichNKatHolly

DIS Veteran
Hi there! I'm planning my budget wedding and now I need hundreds of white candles (unscented) to decorate an outdoor covered pavilion. I see Ikea has larger ones for about $1 a piece and I'm happy to have found that!

Just wondering if any of you budget shoppers know of anything lower. It's going to be a rough year to plan a wedding so any $$ saved sure would help!

Thanks! :cutie:

ACMoore has Emergency Candles. They come 12 to a box. I don't remember what they cost. Dh uses them 12 at a time for Eagle Scout ceremonies. I think it is less that $5 a box. They are about 6 inches tall and last for about an hour.

I'd check out the after-Christmas sales now too. They'll usually have red, green and white. I get a lot of stuff then to use year round (candles, bows, ribbon, etc). Maybe they'd have some nice white candles at 75% off. Woo hoo! And congrats on the wedding!

Kathy

I second the Christmas and upcoming Valentine's Day sales! I got a bunch of stuff after Valentine's day very cheaply. If you know anyone who sells PartyLite, they may be able to give you a deal on those candles but I know they start out kind of expensively. If you get lots of "pieces" or can't find the size you need/want, you can pick up an old muffin tin (or any other pan) at a Good Will type store, melt the old candles and pour the hot wax into the pan with a wick and you'd be set there (I'm thinking you might have to coat the pan with something to get the candles out but I can't recall)

Good luck - sounds like it will be beautiful!

Thanks all for the congrats and the ideas! I'm heading out now to check some after Christmas sales!! I'm going to see what the Ikea ones are like too!

The dollar store near me had them for 1/2 off today... .50 cents.

Dollar stores usually have white candles. If you have a Dollar Tree, the quality will probably be better.

Thank you! I will look into each and every one of these suggestions!! I'm going to need a variety and a ton of each one so possibly a little from here and a little from there. Thanks! :goodvibes

Was just at the Christmas Tree Shop and they had 6" for $1.69 and the 3" for $1.39. They didn't have much of a supply, Ikea would be better.

Target has tons of white candles in the christmas clearance at 75 percent off, Varies from store to store though.
Drew

I'm hoping there are still good deals tomorrow as the snow and slippery roads here dashed my plans to shop today.

Thank you for all the responses!! I'm so excited to "search out" some good deals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter