A Once in Lifetime Adventure in Walt's Wonderful World-lots of pics-COMPLETE

Another Jennifer here! :wave2:

:flower3: Thank you for posting the scrapbook pages. They look amazing! :thumbsup2 I agree, the Walk of Fame page is neat.

:cool1: I am getting so excited about my DLR planning. However, I have to do it on the sly. Since, it is all a surprise for DH's birthday. It will make the drive nice (roadtrip!) that we are driving to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas on the way up and San Diego (Legoland) on the way back. A change of scenery will make the drive that much more bearable. At first, I wanted to fly. But, I want to visit GC, LV and SD. So, it is just easier to drive (and more economical. However, I haven't even created a budget for this trip. DH is in trouble!$!$!$!$!) He just knows not to look at the bank statement and let me pay all the bills until June.

:scratchin I had a question about the GCH. Does the monorail stop at the resort or just through it? I can't find that info anywhere. If it stops at the resort, I may change our reservation. Thank you in advance for the info! :goodvibes

:goodvibes Jennifer

OMG, I've been away from this TR for too long! Our Girls Only Trip planning has been fast and furious lately, but I'm glad I had the chance to come back and finish up what I'd missed.

I've loved reading your adventures! Your pics are amazing, and your style of writing just sucks me in!! LOL Made me feel like I was there. Wonderful job. ::yes::

Oh, and I am so impressed with your scrapbooking. I am sorely lacking in the creativity department so it always amazes me how talented others are.

Anyway, just had to thank you and let you know how much I enjoyed it. :goodvibes

Melanie! Great scrapbooking! Your very crafty! :) I, too, love your Walk of Fame page.

:scratchin I had a question about the GCH. Does the monorail stop at the resort or just through it? I can't find that info anywhere. If it stops at the resort, I may change our reservation. Thank you in advance for the info! :goodvibes

Jennifer, the monorail goes through the hotel. The monorail station is within Downtown Disney and between the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian hotels. Not far at all from each. You can look at the distance through google maps. Go to google, then click on maps, type in Disneyland and zoom in on it. You can see the track the monorail takes through the parks and the hotel. You can click and hold the map to move it around if you zoom in close.

oh i LOVE your page with the stars on the walk of fame!! i think thats the page im having the most trouble with haha!

and now its kinda like a big mess in the middle of my room ::womp womp::
i must get back in touch with my artistic side :artist:

Great work on the scrapbook pages Melanie! I too, love the Walk of Fame page, and I really like the background paper you used on your title page, I don't think I've seen that particular paper, did you buy that @ Disney?

Melanie - your expert advice needed please.

In looking at the ABD screen on AAA's Travel site I see that it says for your trip (2009 version):

Accommodations & Meals
Renaissance Hollywood - Nights 1, 2
Disneyland® Hotel - Nights 3, 4, 5

then further down on same page it says:

Disney Difference

Backstage at Jimmy Kimmel Live
Tour of The Jim Henson Company Studio
Privately-guided visits to Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney Studios
Three days at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa

So I am confused. Isn't the Disneyland Hotel different from the Grand Californian Hotel?

thanks
DisGal

Nice work!! I love the Walk of Fame page! :)

lol we posted the same thing (almost) at the same time!
I was pleased with the way that one turned out too!!!

Awesome job! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
Thanks Jennifer. I love scrapbooking. I hope I can do a few more pages this weekend. I just started 2 new jobs this week so it's been a bit nuts.:scared1:
Another Jennifer here! :wave2:

:flower3: Thank you for posting the scrapbook pages. They look amazing! :thumbsup2 I agree, the Walk of Fame page is neat.

:cool1: I am getting so excited about my DLR planning. However, I have to do it on the sly. Since, it is all a surprise for DH's birthday. It will make the drive nice (roadtrip!) that we are driving to the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas on the way up and San Diego (Legoland) on the way back. A change of scenery will make the drive that much more bearable. At first, I wanted to fly. But, I want to visit GC, LV and SD. So, it is just easier to drive (and more economical. However, I haven't even created a budget for this trip. DH is in trouble!$!$!$!$!) He just knows not to look at the bank statement and let me pay all the bills until June.

Seems like the walk of fame page is the winner. :thumbsup2
Your trip sounds great so far Jennifer. The Grand Canyon is on our to do list. As Laura said the monorail station isn't right at the Grand but it's not far.

SO cute!! I love the pages!
Thanks Karen. :goodvibes

OMG, I've been away from this TR for too long! Our Girls Only Trip planning has been fast and furious lately, but I'm glad I had the chance to come back and finish up what I'd missed.

I've loved reading your adventures! Your pics are amazing, and your style of writing just sucks me in!! LOL Made me feel like I was there. Wonderful job. ::yes::

Oh, and I am so impressed with your scrapbooking. I am sorely lacking in the creativity department so it always amazes me how talented others are.

Anyway, just had to thank you and let you know how much I enjoyed it. :goodvibes
Hey Beth :wave: I am jealous of your upcoming trip & can't wait to live it with you on your trippie.
Thanks for the kind words on my trippie. I had a great time writing it & you guys that have read along & encouraged me have made me feel great.

Hey Melanie,

When you are done with yours, would you like to work on mine? :rotfl:
Sure Andrea!!!!!!!!! My sister-in-law says I should start a scrapbooking business & quit being a nurse. :lmao:

Melanie! Great scrapbooking! Your very crafty! :) I, too, love your Walk of Fame page.
Thanks Laura. When I sit down to scrapbook I just get lost in my own little world. It is the only time I forget to eat.:rotfl2:

oh i LOVE your page with the stars on the walk of fame!! i think thats the page im having the most trouble with haha!

and now its kinda like a big mess in the middle of my room ::womp womp::
i must get back in touch with my artistic side :artist:
I wish I could let myself leave my stuff out by my OCD self won't let me do it. So I drag it all out & spread it all across my drafting table & then put it all up neatly when I am finished for the day.
Here's some pixie dust Sakina to get your creative mojo going again.pixiedust:

great start, can you PM me a link to where you found hat disney font.
Hmmmmmm Dan I don't even remember where I got that. It was years ago. I will see what I can dig up.

Great work on the scrapbook pages Melanie! I too, love the Walk of Fame page, and I really like the background paper you used on your title page, I don't think I've seen that particular paper, did you buy that @ Disney?
Thakns so much. That paper was in a pack I bought at DL-I bought 2 DL packs at the World of Disney store & that was in one of them.

In looking at the ABD screen on AAA's Travel site I see that it says for your trip (2009 version):

Accommodations & Meals

Disney Difference

So I am confused. Isn't the Disneyland Hotel different from the Grand Californian Hotel?

thanks
DisGal
DisGal......yes they are 2 different hotels. I bet it's a misprint. I would call triple A to clarify but as far as I know all the Backstage Magic trip stay at the Grand during their DL time. Although staying at the DL hotel would be just as magical I think.

Melanie what a great job you have done with your scrapbooking

so sad that your report has come to an end

Accommodations & Meals

Disney Difference

thanks
DisGal

If you're looking into AAA, I would speak with someone directly about it. I work for them and we get calls/emails constantly about the website. There are a lot of misprints and deals that don't exist and sometimes the bookings don't even go through. I'd be very wary of it.

If you're looking into AAA, I would speak with someone directly about it. I work for them and we get calls/emails constantly about the website. There are a lot of misprints and deals that don't exist and sometimes the bookings don't even go through. I'd be very wary of it.

Jenny - yes! when the agent checked into this yesterday she said the Grand Californian would be the correct hotel and she would tell the AAA website people.

I also found out that the single supplement rate would be higher than the $2169. Like $3037. So that kind of puts it out of my price range to do the trip alone. Drat! :sad:

Jenny - yes! when the agent checked into this yesterday she said the Grand Californian would be the correct hotel and she would tell the AAA website people.

I also found out that the single supplement rate would be higher than the $2169. Like $3037. So that kind of puts it out of my price range to do the trip alone. Drat! :sad:

Aw, boo!
If I had the $$$, I'd go with you!! :) It sounds like an awesome trip!
No matter what, always double check what you see on the AAA website! It's disfunctional!

Jackie I hope to do more pages this weekend. I was really sad to finish up too especially with no long Disney trip on the horizon. We do have a couple of days after our beach trip in May at the Boardwalk but will only spend one day at Epcot.

Disgal I bet you could find someone to go to avoid that single supplement. We had two disboard friends sharing a room for that very reason.

I got my scrapbook on this weekend :lmao: so here are some more for you guys to enjoy.

El Cap/Jimmy Kimmel
000_0116.jpg

000_0117.jpg

Jim Henson's Studios
000_0118.jpg

000_0119.jpg

Walt's Barn in Griffith Park
000_0120.jpg

000_0121.jpg

000_0122.jpg

Roosevelt Hotel
000_0123.jpg

Imagineering
000_0124.jpg

Walt Disney Studios
000_0125.jpg

000_0126.jpg

000_0127.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter