• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Nicki and Todd dining review...with the nieces!! LIVE from the Poly!

You know me soul sister!

I have decided to do:

Breakfast
GFC...never been
Kona...bummed that I missed it last week
Capt Cooks...loved the cheese danish and cinnamon bun!
Chef Mickeys (although I am trying to get Todd to change to CP instead since it was sooo good but he wants to try CM so we can see what the fuss is about)

Lunch
CHH....this place is incredible
Tangierine Cafe...my fav CS of all time
San Angel Inn...Todd enjoyed it in Oct and wants to go back

Dinner
Le Cellier...have not been in 2 years so its time to try it again
Capt Cooks...fell in love with the lo mein!
Tonys Town Square...never been and really want to give it a try
Kona...have not been in almost 2 years and I really want to try that Mahi Mahi!

How do these sound? We are staying at the Poly again so I wanted to eat close the resort so if the Tambu Lounge is calling I dont have too far to stumble back to my room! We are going to MK and Epcot only...maybe DTD but I dont know yet.

I think you will be happy you chose to dump WCC. You have us convinced to try Kona since we've never done. Which do you prefer--breakfast or dinner? We can only do one or the other because you already have us trying Spoodles and Boma (for breakfast ONLY of course).

The rest of yours sound great. We like Chef Mickey's for breakfast--we just prefer CP because to us it's less crowded and not so "busy". We've never done the San Angel--but I don't like Mexican food.

I think you will be happy you chose to dump WCC. You have us convinced to try Kona since we've never done. Which do you prefer--breakfast or dinner? We can only do one or the other because you already have us trying Spoodles and Boma (for breakfast ONLY of course).

The rest of yours sound great. We like Chef Mickey's for breakfast--we just prefer CP because to us it's less crowded and not so "busy". We've never done the San Angel--but I don't like Mexican food.

I really love Kona breakfast, the pressed pot coffee is so good, nothing like REAL coffee to start your day. The macadamia nut pineapple pancakes are great and I dont like pancakes! Great eggs benny too.

We did dinner Oct 07 and I liked the bread and the chicken wings but my lo mein entree was a sweet and sour type and I didnt like it although Todd loved the NY strip teriyaki.

I am a bit worried about CM and would much rather go to Boma and we still might...maybe its time I change the plans instead of him ;)

I really love Kona breakfast, the pressed pot coffee is so good, nothing like REAL coffee to start your day. The macadamia nut pineapple pancakes are great and I dont like pancakes! Great eggs benny too.

We did dinner Oct 07 and I liked the bread and the chicken wings but my lo mein entree was a sweet and sour type and I didnt like it although Todd loved the NY strip teriyaki.

I am a bit worried about CM and would much rather go to Boma and we still might...maybe its time I change the plans instead of him ;)

Though we've yet to try Boma's for breakfast, I know just from your pictures of the Boma breakfast that you will not find all of that food at CM's! Go for it girl--just remind him who found Fulton's! :rotfl2:

I haven't been to CM's for breakfast in years, (we're going this June) but from what I remember and read on Allears menus, it has a lot to offer. Much more than Cape May breakfast. I'd say it's comparible to CP. I love CP for all meals, though :)

We have CM and Boma on the list for June for breakfast. I had to cut Ohana, had no room for it. DH said he'd rather try Boma (never been to AKL) since there's so much to offer rather than one skillet meal. Oh, but if my boys knew dad picked food over Mickey they wouldn't be happy :rotfl:

I say try CM, you might be surprised.

We go everywhere expecting the worst, they we're surprised to find we liked it ;)

Nicki, sorry for being late to say thank you for your wonderful trip report/dining review! :flower3: I SO enjoyed it ....... now I cannot wait for the next two weeks to go by to go and do a bit of tasteing myself. :goodvibes
As for breakfast - we have been to CM and it is really fun. The food was nice, nothing adventurous, but the characters were so much fun and the "song/parade" with napkins, lol, don't know how to describe it, is so fun. Love Boma and have CP on my list for August (2 weeks of free dining!!). If you look for a more quiet breakfast, try Olivia's!

Nicki, sorry for being late to say thank you for your wonderful trip report/dining review! :flower3: I SO enjoyed it ....... now I cannot wait for the next two weeks to go by to go and do a bit of tasteing myself. :goodvibes
As for breakfast - we have been to CM and it is really fun. The food was nice, nothing adventurous, but the characters were so much fun and the "song/parade" with napkins, lol, don't know how to describe it, is so fun. Love Boma and have CP on my list for August (2 weeks of free dining!!). If you look for a more quiet breakfast, try Olivia's!

I hope you have a wonderful trip and cannot wait to hear (and drool) all over your reviews!

Just found a thread and realized it was an old friend from high school NICKI! I am subscribing. Who knew all these years later we would both be Disney NUTS!:goodvibes

Nicki! I kept my eyes open for you and the nieces, but didn't see you anywhere. Not a big surprise, seeing as none of our park days matched. :rotfl2:

Going back to read the whole thing tonight. You know how I love my MickeyNicki dining reports! Just wanted to pop in and say hi. :wave2:

Great reviews as always, Nicki--your nieces are so lucky to have you and I'm sure they'll always remember this trip.

That's such a shame about 1900 Park Fare. We haven't been since 2001, but our breakfast there in 2000 is probably my favorite Disney memory.

Can't wait for the next set!

Nicki! I kept my eyes open for you and the nieces, but didn't see you anywhere. Not a big surprise, seeing as none of our park days matched. :rotfl2:

Going back to read the whole thing tonight. You know how I love my MickeyNicki dining reports! Just wanted to pop in and say hi. :wave2:

Hi! Sorry I missed you but maybe next time! Are you doing a dining review? Would love to read it :thumbsup2

Great reviews as always, Nicki--your nieces are so lucky to have you and I'm sure they'll always remember this trip.

That's such a shame about 1900 Park Fare. We haven't been since 2001, but our breakfast there in 2000 is probably my favorite Disney memory.

Can't wait for the next set!

Thanks for reading, counting down the days until the next one....just 34!!

Hi Nicky,
I just finished reading your reviews and they were the best I've ever read. I have to agree with you about 1900 Park Fare. We thought the food was horrible. Your nieces are adorable. I really enjoyed reading your reviews, and will be looking forward to your next trip report!!!
Joan

Hi! Sorry I missed you but maybe next time! Are you doing a dining review? Would love to read it :thumbsup2

Nope, no dining review from me. I felt like I had so much to keep track of that trying to take enough notes would put me over the edge. :crazy2: It was all a bit overwhelming, but mostly in a good way.

Hi Nicky,
I just finished reading your reviews and they were the best I've ever read. I have to agree with you about 1900 Park Fare. We thought the food was horrible. Your nieces are adorable. I really enjoyed reading your reviews, and will be looking forward to your next trip report!!!
Joan

Thank you! I feel much better that everyone is saying the same things about 1900 PF...at least it wasnt just me! 33 more days until the next LIVE review!

Dont do it my friend, Todd kept saying "Are you kidding me? We waited all th is time for THIS???" The options were pretty hairy, the Asian and the Seafood items looked terrible and dry and they just were not replenishing the foods that often....for $150 I feel robbed! We all enjoyed the characters but I think we would have enjoyed dinner elsewhere much better!

We had the same issue with the wait for the ADR. My mom and DD had to wait over an hour for their ADR and she wasn't happy. She said the food was ok at best not worth the trip. Thank goodness we had the dining plan so we were out that much money.

I just want to take this moment to give all you guys that have kids a shout out...YOU ARE AMAZING!

How do you guys do it? I asked the 6 year old five times, do you have to go the bathroom...NO she says...then we get in line and she says I have to go the bathroom NOW! Do you have any idea how many times she did that to me??

Or swinging the chains in the ride lanes? Or not holding my hand in a crowd? Or being a picky eater? Or having a temper tantrum? Cant even sit next to my own husband, the little one keeps getting in the way ;) All these things that used to irk me as a non parental unit now I completely understand!

You guys are my heros...now I need another drink....where's the Tylenol??

Were you on my trip???? That is exactly what my 7 YO daughter does to me all the time plus the DS11 and her were fighting the whole trip. I love them more then life but kept telling them next trip I was leaving them home. :rotfl2:

Love the report. Just catch up since I was away on business while you were at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter