A New Low in Adult Behavior at a Disney Resort

I'm sorry you were verbally abused by this creep - and I feel so sorry for the little boy.

Frankly, I find it odd that parents would be forcing their naked male child into a hot tub with 2 adult males! Sort of inappropriate, wouldn't you say?

That man sounds like an abusive bully and I hope he didn't ruin your whole evening :sad2:

Two thumbs up for commenting on how obvious it was that the child didn't want to go in (maybe later they thought about it) and for standing up to his nasty comments. How typical that with all the ugly words coming out of his mouth, he was offended by your remarks. What a jerk!

It's highly inappropriate for parents to 1) force their naked child into a hot tub 2) in front of strangers. Regardless of the sex(es).

I understand....I was just at Coronado Springs at the beginning of October and left the hot tub one night after it was over run with children. Yes I understand Disney is for families, but a hot tub is no place for little children. Go splash in the million gallon pool, leave the hot tub for the adults who want to relax.

What was Disney's response? We had an incident at the hot tub in BWV. Dad was at the bar drinking....etc, etc,....bottom line ....when we complained to the Disney employees at the pool? "oh well" Then we complained again to another employee. He called someone on the phone, some one "official" looking walked by and never said or did anything.....we left.

Money can't buy class

Too true. When I was a teenager my mother told me take a good look at the boy's parents that will be him in the future.

He will be what he is raised to be.:thumbsup2

A Note of reality from Mom.

I do feel sorry for the little boy. Jerks are everywhere indifferent to class or sex.

As Ron White stated:

"If your belly gets too big, you can get a tummy tuck and have a belly like a cheerleader. If your vision goes bad, you can have LASIK surgery and have 20/20 vision. If your hearing goes bad, they can install a device in your ear that will give you hearing as clear as it was the day you were born. But let me tell you something, folks: You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever." :thumbsup2

Wow...just wow. :sad2:

Once when we were at Saratoga Springs, my goddaughter (college aged) and I were at the hot tub when a father came over with 2 little girls. One was about 5 and the other maybe 3. Dad was on his cell phone with his back turned. The kids were climbing into the tub and the 3 year old slipped and went completely under. My goddaughter grabbed her and pulled her up, of course she immediately began crying because she was scared. Dad turns around then and starts screaming at the 5 year old for not watching the baby!!! Now there are 2 kids crying and dad goes back to his conversation!!!!

There really should be some kind of rules enforced at hot tubs when it comes to kids-like they shouldn't be allowed in there.

Wow...just wow. :sad2:

There really should be some kind of rules enforced at hot tubs when it comes to kids-like they shouldn't be allowed in there.

Could not agree with you more, but I think that Disney will be in an untenable position. Just look at your own experience. There are people who are blind to their poor parenting positions and feel that you are encroaching on their rights to "parent as the see fit" and you better keep your opinion to yourself.

Kevin, well done by standing up to this moron....unfortunately, you don't need a licence to have kids and unfortunately, that poor child doesn't have a choice about his parents. Hot tubs are no place for young children....that's why they have splash pads, pools and bathtubs.

:scared1:You did the right thing and I would have reported these people to the cast members. I don't think they should be happy about a naked child running around the property let alone getting in the hot tub.

A little off topic but... I was amazed by the number of naked kids running around the pools on our Med Cruise back in August... I really thought that there would be a higher standard for parents taking their kids on a Disney Cruise! I mean come on... This isn't a Romanian waterpark!

Kevin, well done by standing up to this moron....unfortunately, you don't need a licence to have kids and unfortunately, that poor child doesn't have a choice about his parents. Hot tubs are no place for young children....that's why they have splash pads, pools and bathtubs.

that's how I feel. The kids have PLENTY of places to be, can't the adults have the hot tub?? If the cruise ships can have kid free zones, I simply cannot fathom why the resorts with hot tubs can't have a rule keeping the kids out of there-there are legitimate safety concerns that have already been raised here.

When I first read this, my first thought was they were trying to give this kid his bath. Are you sure one of them wasn't carrying some soap and a back scrubber? :rotfl:

I can't imagine why it was so important that the kid get into the hot tub that it was necessary to terrorize him and innocent bystanders. :mad:

Absolutely insane.

I had a similar incident on a Disney bus in WDW about 6 or seven years. I’m still mad at myself for not pulling one of his ears off! I was not able to recover and the rest of that vacation was shot (for me). It sounds like you were able to shake it off…

So, Kevin, the rest of the story, or is that it?

Also, Kevin, I know you're not a violent person, but at 6'6" why not just step on him?

Also, people, in a prior life I worked on pools--in the business, hot tubs are knows to be the biggest germ factories on the planet. The chlorine/bromide is used up quickly because of amount of people--especially children--using it for bathrooms (think warm and relaxing), plus being in the sun. The temperature of the water just grows bugs like nobody's business. It just isn't a healthy place. The ones in a hotel room that can be drained/refilled, use those. Stay out of public hot tubs at pools.

Google hot tub health/germs for your own information.

Also, people, in a prior life I worked on pools--in the business, hot tubs are knows to be the biggest germ factories on the planet. The chlorine/bromide is used up quickly because of amount of people--especially children--using it for bathrooms (think warm and relaxing), plus being in the sun. The temperature of the water just grows bugs like nobody's business. It just isn't a healthy place. The ones in a hotel room that can be drained/refilled, use those. Stay out of public hot tubs at pools.

I... I used to like hot tubs. :scared1::sick:

This is why you will never find me in a public hot tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter