• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A New Low in Adult Behavior at a Disney Resort

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
Sitting in a hot tub at the end of a LONG day....about 6:30pm

A mother walks up with a naked (yes.....buck naked) four year old boy and tells him to get in the hot tub.

The child begins crying and saying he wants to get out.

Up walks "Dad" who insists he gets in the hot tub. The child cries louder and harder. "Dad" tells the naked, crying little boy to "man up", because it's no hotter now than it was earlier. "Dad" is not in he hot tub and has no idea how hot it is....but that's irrelevant.

We decide to get out because of this. As we are trying to get out of the hot tub, (but the stairs are blocked by naked crying kids) when "Mom" says......."he doesn't like it".

I said, "yes......the crying and begging has made that clear to everyone."

Needless to say, "Dad" gets all puffed up and threatens to knock me out cold. I suggest he hit me and tell John to dial the police.

"Dad" then begins to get nasty yelling that this is a Disney resort that caters to families and what was wrong with his naked, crying and begging four year old using the hot tub.

He loudly makes some remarks about about my weight and what he guesses is my sexual orientation and certain acts that we don talk about in public.

I respond with impolite phrase and he uses the very best line of the whole thing........

"Don't talk like that in front of my kids!".

Just incredible.

Some people truly do not deserve to be parents! I almost wonder if this was their way of giving their kids a quick bath. Yuck! Good for you for saying something!!!

I had to come read this thread after seeing John post something about Kevin's thread about the "hot tub incident". Words cannot describe how fast I'd rip the man a new one if he did this in front of me.

Color me "speechless".

There's so much inappropriateness going on here that I don't know where to begin...

What sort of Mom parades a naked 4 year old boy into a hot tub ?

Then "Dad" "puffs" up when you say something ? (You best believe I would have said something as well....) as if YOU'RE the one doing something wrong ????

In my younger days, things would have gotten VERY ugly very quickly between "Dad" and myself.

These days, I suppose I'd just alert security. But, either way - the actions of those parents were nothing short of deplorable.

There are numpties all over the world. Sadly being in the happiest place on earth does not lessen their behaviour and visibility.
My heart goes out to the 4 year old :grouphug:

Absolutely deplorable.

Isn't there a regulation stating all parties need to be clothed? If not, there needs to be for hygienic purposes (let alone the safety of children). I also wish that resorts, both Disney and otherwise, would seriously consider how dangerous it is for children to be in temperatures that high. Something should be done.

Wow Kevin just wow. That scene was wrong on so many levels. It really disgusts me what people do these days and think they have a right without regard to anyone else. And we wonder why our kids have lack of respect etc if the parents don't teach it they won't learn it.

:scared1:You did the right thing and I would have reported these people to the cast members. I don't think they should be happy about a naked child running around the property let alone getting in the hot tub.

Kevin and John: I am so sorry that this happened to your otherwise great vacation. I would have been shocked as you were. The man sounded like he was looking for trouble. It was not fair to the child and the people in the tub. I thought kids needed to be older to be in there. I would have gotten out right away even if he was clothed.

John

I can't even imagine...

That is beyond horrible. Do you know if Disney did anything to repremand him?

It just confuses me how someone like that can afford to spend $600/night at a hotel.

hmm, I know a lot of rich <insert profanity>. Money doesn't buy you dignity.

Sorry to hear that Kevin....glad he didn't try and get physical..that would have been bad for everyone involved, especially the kids. Can't believe homophobia is alright for his kid but you using some colourful language is where he draws the line. Wow. Nice to see a person unafraid to speak his mind in front of such ugly behaviour. Kudos to you Kevin.

Almost every hot tub I have ever seen sets an age limit for children, and while that varies - I've seen 12 to 16 - its NEVER under 10. These people are idiots for that reason alone! If your child has young skin that sunburns much easier than yours, don't you think they will be more affected than you by the hot water? :eek:

Sorry you had a bad experience :sad2: I hope you were able to brush it off and continue to have a nice trip.

I can't even imagine...

It just confuses me how someone like that can afford to spend $600/night at a hotel.

It just confuses me how you can stereotype like that, but hey, I cant afford $600 a night for a hotel, so what do I know? :confused3

Almost every hot tub I have ever seen sets an age limit for children, and while that varies - I've seen 12 to 16 - its NEVER under 10. ...

I've never seen Disney enforce any age limits for their hot tubs. On a DCL sea day the hot tubs by the family pools are literally wall to wall little kids.

Geez, was he trying to ensure that he'd never have any grandkids?!
Unacceptable behavior all around from him. And definitely goes to show that having money doesn't mean you have class or common decency.

I swear there are signs that say kids of a certain age aren't allowed in hot tub? Besides isn't it dangerous for little kids to be in that hot of water? Also what really annoys me is the parents weren't watching their kid. Did they think others would want to watch over him? DH and I are childfree and realize that kids are everywhere but honestly there are places that really aren't appropriate for them and I think a hot tub is one of those places. Sorry that the father was so nasty to you. People really are nuts. :confused3

WHAT A JERK! :scared1: [the dad, not you]

I'm also sad that a four year old was terrorized by being forced to go into a hot tub that he obviously had no interest in going in. Some people should never procreate. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter