A little mermaid ready to explore a whole new world (WDW Pre-Trip Report - January 2017)

lilpixi

Earning My Ears
I'm so excited about my trip to Disney World. I'm so glad to have found this board because I absolutely love reading and sharing plans. My trip is all I want to talk about, but I'm sure my friends and family are getting bored (and maybe a little jealous).

About me:
I'm 32 from northern California. I've been to Disneyland a handful of times and most recently in September 2016. This inspired me to go one my first trip to Disney World! My trip is this month: January 2017 (very, very soon!). I love planning vacations, especially Disney ones. I probably over planned a bit, but planning is probably just as enjoyable as the trip for me. My favorite Disney characters are Ariel, Tinkerbelle, and Cinderella. Favorite movies include The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, and Alice in Wonderland.

Day 1 - Arrival
I'm staying at an All Star hotel. I was being budget conscious since lodging is expensive for a solo traveler. I'll be using the Magical Express service, but I don't like the idea of Disney delivering my checked bag to my room. I was going to pick up my one checked bag and bring it myself. I am a bit nervous about how I'm going to navigate the airport. Hopefully the bus doesn't leave without me. Dinner will likely be at the hotel since I'll probably get there around 8:30 PM and I'll be traveling all day. I'm thinking comfort food, like pasta...

Day 2 - Animal Kingdom
Fastpasses - Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Festival of the Lion King

ADR - none
I'm being frugal with my food on this day. My breakfast might end up being the most expensive meal of the day. I am tempted to get a fancy adult coffee beverage... The Island Cappuccino at Isle of Java sounds "de-vine".

Touring Plan
Starting at DinoLand and headed toward Asia. Musicals will be later in the day since animal attractions close early.
Priorities (in addition to FastPasses): Dinosaur, Nemo Musical, and seeing animals (trails)

Day 3 - Magic Kingdom
Fastpasses - Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, and BTMR

ADR
Lunch: Be Our Guest - I really just want the grey stuff because of the song. I don't really like cupcakes that much.
Dinner: Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner at 1900 Park Fare - I booked this fairly late in the planning stage. I really want to meet Prince Charming. Maybe I can convince him that there's a better girl than Cinderella (me)!

Touring Plan
Fantasyland: Peter Pan and 7 Dwarfs first!
Priorities (in addition to FastPasses): Fantasyland, meeting Gaston (I have a Gaston shirt!), and meeting Ariel (future Fastpass ideas: Enchanted Tales with Belle and/or Jungle Cruise)

Day 4 - Epcot
Fastpasses - Soarin, Turtle Talk, Spaceship Earth

ADR
Lunch: Le Cellier Steakhouse - Is it okay if I just get the soup and a dessert?

Touring Plan
Unfortunately I didn't know about Frozen when I booked my Fastpasses. I saw a recommendation for Soarin and booked it for Tier 1. Frozen Fastpasses are sold out, so I will be headed there first thing. Hopefully I'll be able to ride Frozen twice in a row... in less than 2 hours... My plan for this day seems a little scattered and back and forth, so I will likely skip Innoventions, Circle of Life, Living with the Land and Ellen's Energy Adventure (this was "if I have time" attraction anyway).

Priorities (in addition to FastPasses): Frozen, Test Track, Nemo Ride, Mission Space, Illuminations, World Showcase

Day 5 - Hollywood Studios
Fastpasses - Toy Story, Star Tours, Tower of Terror

ADR
Lunch: The Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge - Not a reservation, but I have this meal planned already: Cobb Salad, Dessert Trio, and maybe splurging on the martini flight.
Dinner: Sci Fi Diner - Originally I had a 4:55PM reservation, but I switched it to 8:25PM. I'm so excited for this change! It gives me more time in the park instead of wasting precious time eating.

Touring Plan
I really love my touring plan for Hollywood Studios. I know it's not realistic, but I'm going to try it out. I have Tower of Terror on it 4 times. Realistically I know I can go on it twice since I have the Fastpass and I'll be going there first in the morning. We'll see what 4th and beyond Fastpasses are available. I really curious to see how much I'll get done in one day. Unfortunately, I'm probably going on a medium-high crowd day, but most calendars recommend HS on the day I'm going.

Priorities (in addition to FastPasses): everything except Muppets and some Star Wars attractions. Okay, if I had to choose I'd say Tower of Terror more than once, Rock n Roll Coaster, The Great Movie Ride, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Frozen Sing-a-Long, and at least one of the 2 night time shows.

Day 6 - Magic Kingdom

Fastpasses - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway

ADR
Breakfast: Cinderella's Royal Table - I talked myself into doing this. I really can't justify $62 for breakfast, but thought this might be my one and only trip to WDW, so I have to make most of the opportunity. I was surprised that reservations were still available since I booked it around 65 days before my trip. I think there were 3 slots available for breakfast during the time of my stay and by the time I decided to go for it, only two were left.

Touring Plan
The goal for this day is Tomorrowland and characters. I really want to meet Peter Pan and Tinkerbelle since I'll be wearing an awesome shirt. Most of my plans for this day include rides that have a shorter wait time, like the People Mover. I'll be leaving early this day since I'm leaving Disney to go to a hotel closer to Universal Studios. I wanted to see the Wishes fireworks, but it's late on this day and I'm having dinner off site on my other Magic Kingdom day. Maybe I'll say for Once Upon a Time.

Priorities (in addition to FastPasses): everything in Tomorrowland (hopefully getting a FastPass for Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin), Tinkerbelle, Peter Pan and getting things done I missed on my first Magic Kingdom day

Days 7-8 - Universal Studios and Island Adventure
Since this isn't Disney, I'll make this shorter. One word: Butterbeer. I've had this at Universal Studios Hollywood and if it's only available at a few locations in the world, then it must be a priority. I have a ambitious plan for both Universal days and I'll be park hopping. I think Hogsmeade should be in Universal Studios and not Island Adventure since Hogsmeade is in Universal Studios Hollywood. It gets confusing.

Day 9 - Traveling home
I wanted to get home at a decent time, so my flight is in the late morning. I probably won't be doing much except for eating and traveling.

Thanks for reading and have a magical day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter