• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A little help please....

jcoldham

Earning My Ears
My family and I enjoyed a wonderful time at Dis-a-Palooza! Now because of that my DW and I are VERY seriously considering joining in on the Podcast cruise. I am more of a "lurker" on the boards than an active participant because I believe that ANY question I have has probably already been asked and answered somewhere out here. However I find it a bit daunting (and maybe a little time consuming) to try and comb through 2 million threads with over 32.5 million posts.

So I have a couple of questions that will help me decide about booking. The DW and I have cruised before (7 years ago and on the wrong cruise line) and had a wonderful time. We had a stateroom with an obstructed view (the bottom half of the life boat filled most of it). Which leads me to my questions:

- Which stateroom to book?
I liked our ocean view room, but if I were to get another one I would get one without an obstruction. If I get a stateroom with a veranda, how big is it? Could the DW and I enjoy breakfast on it? How private is it? Could I do a little sunbathing (in my DIS thong) and not give my neighbors something to blog about later? I'm sure there are "better" rooms than others, how do I go about getting one of those?

These are just a few starter questions. I truely appreciate this community and their vast wisdom of all things Disney. I'm sure I will have many more questions in the coming days, weeks, and months, but for now these seem to be the most pressing in helping us to decide which catagory stateroom to book.

Thanks for everything!!!

Jeff

My family and I enjoyed a wonderful time at Dis-a-Palooza! Now because of that my DW and I are VERY seriously considering joining in on the Podcast cruise. I am more of a "lurker" on the boards than an active participant because I believe that ANY question I have has probably already been asked and answered somewhere out here. However I find it a bit daunting (and maybe a little time consuming) to try and comb through 2 million threads with over 32.5 million posts.

So I have a couple of questions that will help me decide about booking. The DW and I have cruised before (7 years ago and on the wrong cruise line) and had a wonderful time. We had a stateroom with an obstructed view (the bottom half of the life boat filled most of it). Which leads me to my questions:

- Which stateroom to book?
I liked our ocean view room, but if I were to get another one I would get one without an obstruction. If I get a stateroom with a veranda, how big is it? Could the DW and I enjoy breakfast on it? How private is it? Could I do a little sunbathing (in my DIS thong) and not give my neighbors something to blog about later? I'm sure there are "better" rooms than others, how do I go about getting one of those?

These are just a few starter questions. I truely appreciate this community and their vast wisdom of all things Disney. I'm sure I will have many more questions in the coming days, weeks, and months, but for now these seem to be the most pressing in helping us to decide which catagory stateroom to book.

Thanks for everything!!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff! Welcome to the Podcast Cruise Forum.

First I can tell you that verandahs a fairly private, however, your neighbor can look around the divider (not sure that this is a common practice but it could happen). You could comfortably sit and have coffee out on the verandah. The table is smaller so having breakfast is possible if it's a small breakfast (danishes, etc). Sunbathing is difficult because you just have two chairs out there and there is a cover over the verandah. Getting good sun would not be real possible there.

Keep in mind that this cruise has been booking since the last one ended so getting a "better" room may not be possible (though I wouldn't say there are bad rooms or that any one is better than another). I can tell you that there are not many category 6 staterooms available so if you are looking for a verandah, we may have to go up to a category 5 stateroom. If you want an oceanview room, the rooms available are not obstructed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter