A HOT August MNSSHP and "Family Bachelorette" 2022 Trip Report

sdk1231

DIS Veteran
Back home from an extremely HOT (and sometimes stormy) August long weekend for MNSSHP and a family-style Bachelorette trip. Group consisted of 7 people including 2 kids, a teen, 2 twenties and 2 adults. Staying a VGF, 2 bedroom.

Quick recap:
Friday 8/26: Early afternoon arrival at the Grand Floridian Villas. Afternoon at the pool with lunch from Beaches pool bar and grill. VGF room ready at 4PM. Headed to the (awesome) room, changed, and headed out to the MK. MNSSHP started out with pouring rain, which ended at about 7:30. Rode everything except HM and 7DMT with essentially a walk-on. Hit every trick or treat line. Attended the Dessert Party Plaza Garden View - checked in, ate some treats, ran down to Main Street for the first parade, then high-tailed it back over to the Dessert Party Plaza Garden viewing area to watch the fireworks. Viewing area was not crowded. I liked the Halloween fireworks this time! When I saw them in 2019 I thought they were totally over-the-top crazy, but this time I really enjoyed them. Maybe because I kind of knew what to expect? Rode more rides, Did more trick or treating, skipped the 2nd parade in favor of doing more walk-on rides. Did some photopass photos, did not watch the Hocus Pocus stage show. Cadaver Dans did not perform at all this night. Not sure why. Headless Horseman did not ride (I assume because of wet pavement). MNSSHP seemed less crowded than the 2 parties I attended in 2019.

Saturday 8/27: Early Entry MK, did an 8:45 Capture Your Moment photo session for my niece who is getting married in 2 weeks. Got approx 65 photos during the 20 min session. Photos were all AMAZING. Rode most of the Fantasyland rides with no wait, did ILL for 7DMT, G+ LL for Splash, rode some other stuff. We were planning to stay for Festival of Fantasy parade at noon, but bailed out at about 11:30 and returned to the resort for lunch and pool. Did not stay for the parade because it was SO HOTTTTTTT! If you ever told me that I'd leave the MK 30 min before the Festival of Fantasy parade, I'd say you were nuts. But I did! I left the park 30 min before the parade! It was BLAZING hot. Horribly, incredibly, hot. Dripping sweat hot, even with personal fans and cooling towels. (We went early Sept last year and this trip it just seemed so much hotter.) We couldn't take it. Cooked chicken nuggets and mac and cheese at our 2 bedroom at the Grand Floridian Villas. Teen and 20's headed to Epcot to ride GOTG with ILL for 2:20. The rest of us walked to the Poly for Dole Whips, then spent a nice afternoon at the pool and cooked a frozen pizza dinner at Villa. Headed back to MK after dinner for some G+ LL rides we'd "stacked" for the evening, Enchantment Dessert Party (new Walt/Mickey opening for Enchantment was good). Did a couple more G+ LL rides til close.

Sunday: Early Entry DHS. Rope dropped Rise, done by 8:10. Did Toy Story Land rides, TSMM and Aliens twice. Longest wait was 25 min for Slinky Dog. G+ LL MMRR and RnR. Left the park at 11:30 to return to resort for hot dog lunch at the villa and pool time. 3pm left the resort to go to 4pm Hoop De Doo. Took monorail from the GF to MK, boat to Fort Wilderness. It took 1 hour door to door to get from GF to Pioneer Hall. Hoop De Doo was a "once and done" for us. Group of 7 unanimously voted to do our usual CRT, BOG or Liberty Tree from here on out. Hoop was fun, but super corny and a pain to get to. Not really our cup of tea. Massive thunderstorm occurred during Hoop, then let up afterward. Made for an adventurous boat journey to Fort Wilderness. Spent evening in MK - did 4 LL rides, watched Enchantment and left. On this night, the walking path to the Grand Floridian was closed. The Green Bridge that opens and closes for the Electrical Water Pageant got stuck in the open position. It remained stuck on Monday so the walking path was still inaccessible on Monday.

Monday - Slept in, ate breakfast at VGF. Teen opted to Early Entry DAK. Took the 7AM bus, rope dropped FoP, rode Everest 3 times, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur twice, saw Tough to Be a Bug, rode Safari, then did an ILL for FoP, returned to resort at noon. Part of the group then went to the pool while I and my CM daughter went to MK at 11, got Spring Rolls from the spring roll cart, sat at a table behind the Christmas shop with our food, where we were joined by Sleeping Beauty herself. Watched the noon Festival of Fantasy parade go over the bridge from Liberty Square to the HUB, while seated at a table in a shade with hardly anyone around.... along with our surprise guest. Princess stayed with us the entire time, and the characters in the parade all waved to her and put on quite a show. Very fun. Retuned to the resort (alas, the walking path was still closed). Hung out at the GF until our car came to pick us up for the airport. I always use Tiffany Towncars - great service.

Last edited:
Sounds like a terrific Bachelorette weekend, despite the heat.
My kids loved HDD when the horse barn was there.
Your lunch spot behind the Christmas shop was a favorite break spot for us. Peter Pan hung out with my kids for 20 minutes. They were in awe.

Sounds like a terrific Bachelorette weekend, despite the heat.
My kids loved HDD when the horse barn was there.
Your lunch spot behind the Christmas shop was a favorite break spot for us. Peter Pan hung out with my kids for 20 minutes. They were in awe.
Peter Pan?! I'd have been in awe!

Back home from an extremely HOT (and sometimes stormy) August long weekend for MNSSHP and a family-style Bachelorette trip. Group consisted of 7 people including 2 kids, a teen, 2 twenties and 2 adults. Staying a VGF, 2 bedroom.

Quick recap:
Friday 8/26: Early afternoon arrival at the Grand Floridian Villas. Afternoon at the pool with lunch from Beaches pool bar and grill. VGF room ready at 4PM. Headed to the (awesome) room, changed, and headed out to the MK. MNSSHP started out with pouring rain, which ended at about 7:30. Rode everything except HM and 7DMT with essentially a walk-on. Hit every trick or treat line. Attended the Dessert Party Plaza Garden View - checked in, ate some treats, ran down to Main Street for the first parade, then high-tailed it back over to the Dessert Party Plaza Garden viewing area to watch the fireworks. Viewing area was not crowded. I liked the Halloween fireworks this time! When I saw them in 2019 I thought they were totally over-the-top crazy, but this time I really enjoyed them. Maybe because I kind of knew what to expect? Rode more rides, Did more trick or treating, skipped the 2nd parade in favor of doing more walk-on rides. Did some photopass photos, did not watch the Hocus Pocus stage show. Cadaver Dans did not perform at all this night. Not sure why. Headless Horseman did not ride (I assume because of wet pavement). MNSSHP seemed less crowded than the 2 parties I attended in 2019.

Saturday 8/27: Early Entry MK, did an 8:45 Capture Your Moment photo session for my niece who is getting married in 2 weeks. Got approx 65 photos during the 20 min session. Photos were all AMAZING. Rode most of the Fantasyland rides with no wait, did ILL for 7DMT, G+ LL for Splash, rode some other stuff. We were planning to stay for Festival of Fantasy parade at noon, but bailed out at about 11:30 and returned to the resort for lunch and pool. Did not stay for the parade because it was SO HOTTTTTTT! If you ever told me that I'd leave the MK 30 min before the Festival of Fantasy parade, I'd say you were nuts. But I did! I left the park 30 min before the parade! It was BLAZING hot. Horribly, incredibly, hot. Dripping sweat hot, even with personal fans and cooling towels. (We went early Sept last year and this trip it just seemed so much hotter.) We couldn't take it. Cooked chicken nuggets and mac and cheese at our 2 bedroom at the Grand Floridian Villas. Nice afternoon at the pool, cooked frozen pizza dinner at Villa. Headed back to MK after dinner for some G+ LL rides we'd "stacked" for the evening, Enchantment Dessert Party (new Walt/Mickey opening for Enchantment was good). Did a couple more G+ LL rides til close.

Sunday: Early Entry DHS. Rope dropped Rise, done by 8:10. Did Toy Story Land rides, TSMM and Aliens twice. Longest wait was 25 min for Slinky Dog. G+ LL MMRR and RnR. Left the park at 11:30 to return to resort for hot dog lunch at the villa and pool time. 3pm left the resort to go to 4pm Hoop De Doo. Took monorail from the GF to MK, boat to Fort Wilderness. It took 1 hour door to door to get from GF to Pioneer Hall. Hoop De Doo was a "once and done" for us. Group of 7 unanimously voted to do our usual CRT, BOG or Liberty Tree from here on out. Hoop was fun, but super corny and a pain to get to. Not really our cup of tea. Massive thunderstorm occurred during Hoop, then let up afterward. Made for an adventurous boat journey to Fort Wilderness. Spent evening in MK - did 4 LL rides, watched Enchantment and left. On this night, the walking path to the Grand Floridian was closed. The Green Bridge that opens and closes for the Electrical Water Pageant got stuck in the open position. It remained stuck on Monday so the walking path was still inaccessible on Monday.

Monday - Slept in, ate breakfast at VGF. Teen opted to Early Entry DAK. Took the 7AM bus, rope dropped FoP, rode Everest 3 times, Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur twice, saw Tough to Be a Bug, rode Safari, then did an ILL for FoP, returned to resort at noon. Part of the group then went to the pool while I and my CM daughter went to MK at 11, got Spring Rolls from the spring roll cart, sat at a table behind the Christmas shop with our food, where we were joined by Sleeping Beauty herself. Watched the noon Festival of Fantasy parade go over the bridge from Liberty Square to the HUB, while seated at a table in a shade with hardly anyone around.... along with our surprise guest. Princess stayed with us the entire time, and the characters in the parade all waved to her and put on quite a show. Very fun. Retuned to the resort (alas, the walking path was still closed). Hung out at the GF until our car came to pick us up for the airport. I always use Tiffany Towncars - great service.
I hope my teens marry into your family one day. You do the Disney planning and I'll cut the check. You did more in 72 hours than most do with a ten day park hopper.

I hope my teens marry into your family one day. You do the Disney planning and I'll cut the check. You did more in 72 hours than most do with a ten day park hopper.
Ha ha! This is our 5th annual MNSSHP long-weekend group trip. At this point, we've got it down to a science!

. Did not stay for the parade because it was SO HOTTTTTTT! If you ever told me that I'd leave the MK 30 min before the Festival of Fantasy parade, I'd say you were nuts.
that was us about two weeks before this! Left before the parade, felt crazy as we saw the throngs of people still entering the park. That day was too hot for the heated pool for sure. August memories 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter