• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A good place for a drink?

I second the vote for the AKL bar but my new favorite is the new Hurricane Hanna's at BC. If it's nice out I really like the vibe, there's something about sitting outside on a nice day surrounded by sun and water. Makes me feel like I'm on an island somewhere. And you don't have to be staying at BC, the bar is outside the checkpoint for SAB.

The Belle Vue Lounge is my absolute favourite lounge at Disney. I love nothing more than sitting outside on a balmy evening with a cocktail :thumbsup2

Top of the World Lounge is also good but obviously limited to DVC members only and not as cosy as some of the other lounges.

The Belle Vue is like sitting in your living room having a drink and a chinwag :)

At Hollywood Studio, The Tune-in Lounge it is adjacent to the 50's Prime Time Cafe and opens at 11am. It's fun to sit at the bar and listen to the families get called into lunch/dinner.

At Animal Kingdom, The Dawa Bar, outside of Tusker House, opens at 11 am. Limited seatting at bar, large covered area with tables though.

At Epcot, any Nation. I really like the Grey Goose Slushies in France and the Bier Cart in Germany for the Pretzels and Bier.

At Magic Kingdom, BOG for dinner. We ordered champagne and beer!

:hippie:

Among my favorites:

Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club
Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge
The lounge (can't remember the name) at Wilderness Lodge
The bar at Il Mulino at the Swan

Cava del Tequila MUST be mentioned ... in the Mexico Pavillion ... in the Pyramid. Wonderful tequila selection and knowledgeable staff.

Among my favorites: Crew's Cup at the Yacht Club Victoria Falls at Animal Kingdom Lodge The lounge (can't remember the name) at Wilderness Lodge The bar at Il Mulino at the Swan

The Territory Lounge. That's another nice one.

We enjoy most of the places others have mentioned. Have never tried Belle Vue but are staying at BWV next month so have added it to my list.

We have had wonderful experiences at HBD Lounge. It is shady and serene, yet wonderful people watching. Depending on the weather, we enjoy a beer on the patio at Big River Grill. Inside Epcot, we like to grab a beer in the UK and sit in the garden next to Rose and Crown. We had a nice time at Spice Road Table, but it was cold and rainy. Can't wait to try the patio there.

If the weather is hot or rainy we head for Tutto Gusto or the cave in Mexico. As far as resorts, I like TOTW and if not too busy, Tambu Lounge at the Poly.

A few of my favorites:

Animal Kingdom Lodge: Victoria Falls

Animal Kingdom: Dawa Bar

Boardwalk: Bellevue Lounge

Swan and Dolphin: Kimonos

Contemporary: The Wave

Polynesian: Tambu Lounge

Any pool bar or the Outer Rim at the Contemporary as the bar tender does magic tricks there.

I really enjoyed the new Brown Derby Lounge in HS. Really nice patio area to sit outside and have a drink and people watch on a nice day. DBF and I remarked that we felt like we were sitting in an outdoor cafe in Europe somewhere, it had that feel to it. They also had a great beer and wine menu, as well as specialty drinks. Can also order small plates to share.

At the end of the evening, we like Mizner's Lounge at the GF -- they have higher-end liquors (e.g., scotches) that aren't normally available elsewhere on the Disney property --it's hard to find a Lagavulin 16 in the parks ::yes::; they also have live jazz; and they're open until midnight which is nice (although they stop serving food an hour or two beforehand).

Our favorites are the Belle Vue Lounge, Top of the World, Tune In Lounge and the Gurgling Suitcase at OKW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter