• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Frozen Holiday Wish: Can you see from Crystal Palace?

jhammond3966

Mouseketeer
Our ADR for Crystal Palace is at 6:00pm, but the A Frozen Holiday Wish thing is at 6:30pm. I have been trying for an earlier ADR, but no luck so far (and trip is this week). Hopefully, an earlier ADR will pop up, but if not, trying to figure out a game plan.

QUESTIONS:

(1) Will they let us step outside the restaurant for a few minutes to watch the A Frozen Holiday Wish show from the entrance/front porch of Crystal Palace?

(2) Are there any window seats at Crystal Palace that might have a view of the castle? (will they be blocked by people standing on the Crystal Palace front porch?)

Any thoughts on how to catch even the last 5 minutes of A Frozen Holiday Wish mid-meal at Crystal Palace would be greatly appreciated.

Yes you can see the castle from outside crystal palace but I haven't eaten there in 20 years so i can't answer your more specific questions. What I can say is that I have had a lot of success modifying adrs the same day and shifting them around earlier or later so don't forget to keep trying the same day you plan to dine if your unsuccessful before the trip.

As you mentioned, keep trying to move your ADR, something might pop up, especially night before for cancellations. There are nice views of the castle if you sit by the window, best on the right side when looking at the CP(left when facing out) partially due to the porch on the other side where you wait. We always ask for a window seat when we go for brft to look out at the castle. I would get there early to check in and ask for a window seat on that side up front, and let them know you are willing to wait for that. What I can't tell you, and hopefully someone can chime in who has been there at that time, is whether the view gets blocked at all by people standing to watch on the outside. There used to be a lake where the grassy area is now, so there was not people in that part as is the case now.

While you will not see the actual stage show(even outside you will not see the stage clearly from that far), you will be able to see the castle light up for the night. If you get an earlier ADR, you want to try and be done by 6:00 to go try and find a spot on the hub close to the front of the castle to have a good view of the stage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter