"A for effort, C for execution." A September 2014 TR **07/04 THE END!*

Hey - we were totally in the same boat as far as the DIS boards go - :lmao: I am hoping you are feeling better now though. I just got back to updating my TR and it renewed my excitement- so hopefully that will happen for you also.

I went back and read through and got all caught up - I even took notes!
So here goes:
Your Contemporary food looked yummo. Bummer that yours looked better than it tasted - hate when that happens. I love the walkway to the Contemporary too.

Yay for good Tiana meet - we always have good luck with her and Naveen also. The girls have met them a few times and always have some good conversations.

Gotta love the baggage confusion. My attitude at Disney is to always ask until you get the answer you want/think you should (within reason of course) because if you know or have been told it's possible, it probably is!

I feel the same way about the Co-op at DTD - lots of neat stuff, but coudn't find anything that made me buy it.

Woo Hoo on your room location! Pixie Dust! And a corner room too! I really liked your pics of POFQ - it is a really pretty resort Makes me excited for our Feb trip to POR :D

Well - now that I'm back on track, you should get back on track too! We can make it our New Year's Resolutions! Seriously though, I hope you are feeling better and get back on the boards soon :goodvibes

Happy Holidays to you also!! I know the feeling about not being in the mood to update...I am still trying to figure out if I want to do a trip report for my October trip. I guess trying to get everything in order for the report is the biggest problem.

I can't wait to see how the rest of your trip went!!

So excited that I found your newest TR! I read another of your TRs but have been absent from the DISboards for a while! So much so that I just finally finished my TR from an October 2013 trip... I'm terrible! hope to see you back! Excited to read on!

OK, you're the first one I've seen that didn't go absolutely cra cra over the Co-Op. And thank you for that because I kept wondering why it was a big deal. I wasn't a big fan either. I guess it depends on what you're into.

Wow, sounds like you did score on the room location.

Ahhh, I love your enthusiasm. It may be just a tree but it's OUR tree.

I'm a little apprehensive about using the luggage transfer. I may just end up using a cab.

So exciting seeing the MNSSHP sign, but why oh why would they choose the world's crappiest candy on it?

"And look at what a beautiful and marvellous day it was for our first MNSSHP this trip. What perfect weather." Uh huh.

The Co-Op is interesting enough to have a look around, but I feel like it's just... cluttered. And I like the themed dishes, that would be my favorite part about it, but aside from that, there's just not as much to it as what was hyped.

It was pretty awesome, definitely a super close walk to the buses, and hardly much more for the lobby and food court

Even the smallest Disney things are things to be proud of! 2k14 proud Disney tree owner

It probably would have been simpler to use a cab. Ultimately it works fairly well, if you don't forget that there's something packed in your suitcases that you need later that day

Because candy corn is such a Halloween-y candy. That's why it doesn't exist any other time of year

Perfect weather turned out to be a joke in September

I feel very "meh" about Planet Hollywood but those fries look good!

Tsum Tsums!!! Love them SO much.

That hotel room is absolutely gorgeous. I love the purple and gold.

I LOVE SOCK MONKEYS so I am obsessed with your costume! You both look so adorable!!!

I feel Planet Hollywood is an unpopular pick because it has so many other locations than Disney, so it's not as special. The food is pretty good though, but ultimately, that discount voucher was the primary reason we went for it.

Tsum Tsums are adorable and I want them aaaall. We were so disappointed by the lack of selection - Disney always underestimates the popularity of merchandise. In November I went away for the weekend in New Jersey though and on the last day instead of waiting at the airport we decided to go to the mall Jersey Gardens which has a Disney Store, and I got a Marie tsum and a Perry tsum. They're tiny and so cute

It is gorgeous, definitely a reason why POFQ is our favorite. We would go back again and again if we could.

Sock Monkeys are adorable and so was Amber. Thank you ^^

Hey - we were totally in the same boat as far as the DIS boards go - :lmao: I am hoping you are feeling better now though. I just got back to updating my TR and it renewed my excitement- so hopefully that will happen for you also.

I went back and read through and got all caught up - I even took notes!
So here goes:
Your Contemporary food looked yummo. Bummer that yours looked better than it tasted - hate when that happens. I love the walkway to the Contemporary too.

Yay for good Tiana meet - we always have good luck with her and Naveen also. The girls have met them a few times and always have some good conversations.

Gotta love the baggage confusion. My attitude at Disney is to always ask until you get the answer you want/think you should (within reason of course) because if you know or have been told it's possible, it probably is!

I feel the same way about the Co-op at DTD - lots of neat stuff, but coudn't find anything that made me buy it.

Woo Hoo on your room location! Pixie Dust! And a corner room too! I really liked your pics of POFQ - it is a really pretty resort Makes me excited for our Feb trip to POR :D

Well - now that I'm back on track, you should get back on track too! We can make it our New Year's Resolutions! Seriously though, I hope you are feeling better and get back on the boards soon :goodvibes

Amber is so much better at TR-ing than I am. We're both doing better though, and I'm being made to write an update, so it's coming shortly!

I lucked out with my Contemporary pick. That flatbread was delicious - 10 out of 10, would recommend to meat eaters. Both Amber and I are picky about our spaghetti sauce though, so I do feel her. I don't usually get spaghetti at restaurants - I stick with the homemade version. It's safer ;)

Tiana is always great, and it's even better when Naveen is with her! I like character interaction most when the embodied personality doesn't have to be so prim and proper. Like, Snow White and Cinderella and Aurora and Elsa are sweet to meet, and for a child I'm sure there's not much of a difference because it's a beautiful princess they adore regardless, but as adults, the peppy characters are much more entertaining

I do strongly dislike having to ask that kind of information because it's just... I know it's probably not something they get trained on, you know? So there's so much more of a risk for discrepancy from one answer to another. Honestly at this point, too, I had made a point of checking before coming over, so I wouldn't have been above complaining if it had turned out the luggage transfer couldn't be done, and get a cab fare paid for.

The Co-Op is cluttery to me. I feel they modeled its layout after a smaller version of World of Disney but it doesn't work so well. I like the dishes, but I didn't feel like risking it (breakables are always a bit more of a serious purchase decisions when traveling)

I put that room request in for the heck of it, and I was definitely excited that we got it! There's so few things that can be requested at POFQ in the first place, anyhow

Yay for back on track! And we're both mostly doing better, so things should be easier going now :)

Happy Holidays to you also!! I know the feeling about not being in the mood to update...I am still trying to figure out if I want to do a trip report for my October trip. I guess trying to get everything in order for the report is the biggest problem.

I can't wait to see how the rest of your trip went!!

Sometimes TR-ing is hard because it just brings you back and makes you want to be there again, but you know you can't for the longest time and that's so sad to deal with

Then you'll definitely have to stick around and read til the end ;)

So excited that I found your newest TR! I read another of your TRs but have been absent from the DISboards for a while! So much so that I just finally finished my TR from an October 2013 trip... I'm terrible! hope to see you back! Excited to read on!

If it makes you feel better, Amber finished her TR for our October 2013 trip, which was 11 days long, before I finished my own for our 7 day November 2012 trip. I'm the worst TR updater ever, which is why I elected to only be a guest updater on this TR rather than co-writing it.

Whaaat I wrote an update? I did! And it's got nothing to do with the gun Amber has against my head. Wait, what?

Day 3, Part 3: "Wait, we can sit here?!"

We'd already made specific plans as to where we would be headed as soon as we made it in to the Magic Kingdom for the Halloween party, and we did not divert from those plans.

Right off to wait for Jack and Sally we went!

ugSE4h7.jpg

Yes, it was only about five o'clock, meaning there were two hours until the party would actually start. But as most people know, Jack and Sally are a minimum of a two hour wait anyway throughout the evening.

So why waste two hours of party time when we can just chill before the party starts, meet them right off the bat, and then go off to enjoy our five hours of Halloween goodness?

6E7H3bm.jpg

OQYixmh.jpg

Plus, they have such a great queue, that's entertainment in itself!

People kept coming up to just take pictures in front of the back drop, because it is really neat. We tried to take a selfie of it, which didn't turn out horrible, but definitely not perfect either.

Zhc3QKQ.jpg

So the next time someone came up, we asked the nice people if they could get a picture of us, and we took one of them too. They took it with my phone so I could post it on Instagram and Facebook.

P6DqcFr.png

We've arrived at the Halloween party and are first in line for our first set of characters! Who are we waiting to meet? ;)

We ended up passing time really quickly, too, because we ended up chatting with the girl who joined the queue not too long after we did. Her name was Lexie, and her boyfriend worked for Disney - he joined us soon after, having gone off to get something to snack on. She had brought a deck of cards, so we ended up playing a few rounds of a couple of games.

At some point, Amber went off to get us some food as well because we were starting to get hungry. She got herself a pretzel, and got me popcorn and frozen orange slushie. It was all delicious snack food.

And before too long, the queue itself was pretty much full, making us very glad of our decision to hop in line as soon as we got in.

9vtUIvo.jpg

Right about seven, Jack and Sally finally came out, and off we went to meet them!

kewgs1A.jpg

Jack commented on how our outfits were matching, and how Sally had made his and she was the best seamstress of Halloweentown. Meanwhile, Sally was chatting of similar subjects with Amber, by asking her if she'd sown her own dress.

xRRT1Cb.jpg

It was a very nice meeting, and it's always awesome to meet characters that don't come out very often. Ultimately, I'm also very glad we didn't spend any party time waiting to meet them and just got it done at the beginning instead, because by 7:05 we were already off on our way to our next adventures.

We headed over through Tomorrowland with the intention of cutting over to Fantasyland so we could meet the Dwarves! We wanted to get the headliners out of the way early on!

While walking over, we came across a spot for another character that had just come out, and would be a very short wait, so we hopped in line.

ISQtzp8.jpg

Can you guess who requires curtsey-ing?

6zjbVdm.jpg

The Queen of Hearts, of course.

And we did a good enough job of it it would seem, because we still have our heads. Phew!

aRdhggr.jpg

We also stopped by a nearby queue of trick or treating, and then went off toward the Dwarves meeting point. The line didn't seem too bad, the CM at the end of it was saying maybe a forty minutes wait, so we decided to just go for it.

However, the first parade was gonna be starting pretty soon, so people actually kept getting out of the line, which was definitely a good thing for us. In the end, we waited less than half an hour - maybe twenty five minutes!

Once it was our turn, Amber went up between the Dwarves sitting out front to position herself in the back. I decided to go around back instead - which was a bad decision, because I ended up running into the handles of the gems cart, almost knocking it over. That was very painful guys. I had a bruise formed on my shin by the time we were done getting the picture taken.

4A7p2z3.jpg

But oh well, in the end it all turned out okay, and before the party had even been going for an hour, we had met Jack and Sally, the seven Dwarves and a villain, plus one stop for candy! Not too shabby, eh?

We then went over to see if we could maybe meet Winnie the Pooh and gang, but they were just about to head off, and wouldn't be back until later - basically, after the first parade was over. We decided to try out the gang out by Storybook Circus instead, and were met with the same situation. So instead, we did some trick or treating, and went over to check out the dance party in Tomorrowland.

K2RwGjr.jpg

Monster Boo was out! She's so adorable! Took a while to get a good picture of her, too - and that's actually the main reason we stuck around. That, and the Cha Cha Slide.

After getting our groove on for a minimal amount of time, we headed back over to see if Winnie and gang were back, which they weren't just yet but would be soon, so we got in line. We didn't have to wait for too long, and soon we were meeting the gang!

0Fst0wj.jpg

ywovU8K.jpg

By the time we were done, it was getting closer to fireworks time, and we figured we should get going if we wanted to grab a good spot, so we made our way back toward Main Street area.

Whilst doing so, we discovered something that was pretty much the best thing ever of the night.

Guys - on party nights, Tomorrowland Terrace is open.

Watch the fireworks sitting down in optimal viewing spot? Erm, yes please!

So we grabbed a seat at a table on the lowest level, near to the front, and we decided to just chill there until the fireworks would start, because it wouldn't be too much longer!

Amber was hungry at that point, so she went over to get herself some corndog nuggets from Casey's Corner while I saved our spots. Once she was back, I headed off to find myself a treat as well, and went for a sweeter option with an ice cream cookie sandwich, of the mint chocolate chip variety.

Amber failed to take a picture of her food, and I took a mildly bad one - but here it is, because it was delicious.

BeOEsTp.jpg

We enjoyed the fireworks from our spot, because really, there's no best way of watching anything at Disney than sitting down.

Once HalloWishes was done, we decided to use the same tactic we had the last time and just go right off to get a good spot for the parade. There's a decent amount of time between both, but not enough to really get anything done and then find a good spot.

oi4hw5M.jpg

We had brought along a few glowstick bracelets, which we bought at the dollar store before the trip with the intention of being nice people and handing them out during parades and such throughout the trip. Of course, we didn't factor in the problem that neither of us would want to be the weird girls approaching strangers with a handful of glowsticks, so we ended up using a few for ourself and handing over a couple more to the two girls sitting next to us.

We still have about thirty of them.

Soon, we were being told to get our feet out of the street because the headless horseman would be coming around before too long.

And then he did.

aDb60Uf.jpg

It's a good thing he's already headless, because with my framing, he would have been regardless. In my defense, he came by much closer than I expected him to.

Then there was still a bit of time to wait before the parade would actually get to us, so I got a picture of my cute sock monkey.

NhYbRgo.jpg

And then sneaked a picture of this awesome group who was dressed up as the Guardians of the Galaxy.

A6KJRZd.jpg

It didn't really turn out that well, all things considered, but you know, for a sneaky shot, it serves its purpose.

Click for next post

HAAA I hope Amber has removed the gun now that you've posted…

That background is awesome and Jack and Sally look great :thumbsup2

Great pose with the Queen of Hearts! Did she order you to gesture that way or did you just go with it?

Oh no injury by gems :( your pic came out great though!

MONSTER BOO! I love her so much!

I'm seriously obsessed with the Pooh characters' costumes. They are so cute.

So basically, you had a Wishes Dessert Party for the cost of the ice cream sandwich and corn dog nuggets. That's pretty perfect.

First, so nice to see you back posting Marie. I hope you and Amber had a wonderful holiday. :goodvibes

I'm a little bummed that I didn't meet Jack and Sally, but as you know, the weather wasn't exactly cooperating for me to wait for them. Smart move getting in line early. I'd hate to waste that much party time. I did the same with the Dwarfs a few years ago.

How nice to have people to play cards with. Disney people are the best.

Oh my goodness, how cute is Boo?

Oh well, at least you had nice intentions with the glow sticks.

We didn't even hit one half of the park for the halloween party...We missed fantasyland and tomorrowland, so we didn't even see Pooh. I guess next time it is more of doing that stuff than collecting candy...LOL!!!

HAAA I hope Amber has removed the gun now that you've posted…

That background is awesome and Jack and Sally look great :thumbsup2

Great pose with the Queen of Hearts! Did she order you to gesture that way or did you just go with it?

Oh no injury by gems :( your pic came out great though!

MONSTER BOO! I love her so much!

I'm seriously obsessed with the Pooh characters' costumes. They are so cute.

So basically, you had a Wishes Dessert Party for the cost of the ice cream sandwich and corn dog nuggets. That's pretty perfect.

She has :thumbsup2

It really is an awesome backdrop, it looks so nice and Halloween-y. I like when meeting spots are so well themed :goodvibes

I don't remember, to be entirely honest, but I think it may have been strongly suggested that we look very proper for that picture

Yes, it was very much painful. And not very graceful. Doc was very concerned, as one Doc would be

Monster Boo is the most adorable monster to have roamed this planet and she should be out more often and DRAT YOU DISNEY FOR TAKING AWAY THE COUNTDOWN TO FUN PIXAR HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS PARADE

They are adorable, and of course Amber would never let us bypass them (ever)

Pretty much. It really was awesome, so don't say it too loud cause other people may start doing it too! I'm just hoping we'll be able to do the same when we go back in late Fall and do MVMCP

First, so nice to see you back posting Marie. I hope you and Amber had a wonderful holiday. :goodvibes

I'm a little bummed that I didn't meet Jack and Sally, but as you know, the weather wasn't exactly cooperating for me to wait for them. Smart move getting in line early. I'd hate to waste that much party time. I did the same with the Dwarfs a few years ago.

How nice to have people to play cards with. Disney people are the best.

Oh my goodness, how cute is Boo?

Oh well, at least you had nice intentions with the glow sticks.

Thank you :goodvibes We did have a pretty great holiday, once we got over the flu!

It was really a sucky beginning to the night. Honestly, I definitely wouldn't have sat around in that pouring rain waiting for any characters, no matter how rare.

They are, except when they're the worst :P Thankfully, we more often encounter the first variety than the second one

She is adorable and I hate that she's out so seldom now because they just leave that costume to collect dust. They could totally have her meet with Mike and Sulley

We did. We'll have them next time around, and we'll have kids around to use them, so that'll probably help!

We didn't even hit one half of the park for the halloween party...We missed fantasyland and tomorrowland, so we didn't even see Pooh. I guess next time it is more of doing that stuff than collecting candy...LOL!!!

Well, collecting candy is also a very good way of spending a Halloween party at Disney. They give out the best candy! But in hindsight, it's such a short amount of time to do it all, you just have to prioritize

Day 3, Part 4: "We've been waiting for you."

Luckily, it wasn't too much longer until the best parade started to make its way down Main Street. I have to say, watching parades on Main Street just adds something extra to it. Maybe it's the lighting or the decorations, but I really just prefer it.

070_zpsfc3acbf8.jpg

And now, let's enjoy some badly taken parade pictures!

071_zpsde3361e6.jpg

Hi Mickey!

072_zps3dcfb71f.jpg

Daisy is super fab.

073_zps401e75e8.jpg

Pirates. Jack is leading the singing, of course.

074_zps29a6fe80.jpg

These guys are the best part, though I can't even imagine how exhausting it must be. Every time I see them they're dripping sweat and I understand why.

075_zps64b754a2.jpg

It's good that Madam Leota gets out every now and again.

076_zps706e849c.jpg

And those ballroom dancers.

077_zps94165400.jpg

078_zpsbf060ea3.jpg

Beware of hitchhiking ghosts.

079_zps5caae9ad.jpg

No one wanted to look at us.

080_zpsdcd5e72d.jpg

081_zps47d45943.jpg

Hi Ralph!

082_zpsdb7a516a.jpg

The worst of all candy.

083_zpsba0841c7.jpg

084_zps59259619.jpg

That Goofy knows how to put together an awesome vehicle.

085_zps0396db5e.jpg

And some villains.

When we were finished, we headed into Adventureland to go and meet Tarzan and Jane. However, just like in October, when we got there Tarzan was leaving for the night. Since we'd met Jane and Turk last year, we decided to pass.

Instead we headed over to trick or treat at Splash Mountain where we got very decent handfuls of candy.

Then we hit the Liberty Belle and finally went on to the ride of the night.

086_zpsd07b1fda.jpg

As we walked in Madame Carlotta caught sight of us and asked where we'd been, telling us that she'd been waiting for us all evening.

I quickly told her that we were saving the best for last, which she seemed to accept as the proper answer.

The ride was a walk on too, despite the wait time listed, so that made it all the better.

I always love the Haunted Mansion, but I love it the most during MNSSHP. The Cast Members are top notch and it just adds something extra to the experience. Hitting it as the last thing or before the party starts are the tactics we've chosen and it has seemed to work well for us.

Afterward, we stopped for a picture.

087_zps4fd7e94e.jpg

I didn't do the smiling thing so well.

088_zps5521ae92.jpg

I nailed the scared thing though.

At that point the party was basically over, so we headed up to the front of the park.

089_zpsee84677b.jpg

I missed the midnight picture, but it was okay.

We headed to the bus line pretty pleased with all that we'd accomplished and got back to our resort fairly quickly.

Click for next post

Last edited:
Hi! I'm the DISer that was sitting/standing next to you during Illuminations on the balcony of that Japan restaurant. :) It was a pleasure to meet you guys! My husband says hello! :goodvibes

Hi! I'm the DISer that was sitting/standing next to you during Illuminations on the balcony of that Japan restaurant. :) It was a pleasure to meet you guys! My husband says hello! :goodvibes

:eek: No way! Super crazy that you found the TR :) It was a pleasure to meet you too! I hope the rest of your trip was amazing. And hello to your husband as well :goodvibes

I have to tell you... I have totally binged on all your trip reports over this weekend! Your trips seem totally amazing and I really enjoy reading about them-- I feel like I'm there. I've even shared them with my partner and it's gotten us totally pumped to plan our next trip together!

I so love that parade. Frankly, you cannot call these badly taken photos. This is one of the hardest parades to shoot but these came out great!

I'm so sad that Madame Carlotta wasn't out at the next party. She was one of my highlights from my last MNSSHP.

Well I guess Marie surprising you with this party really did pay off nicely. You got so much done.

I totally agree that Main Street is the best for parades. Liberty Square is often easiest for us, but Main Street is most magical.

I think your pictures are fantastic! I'm not great at taking pictures in the dark so I'm very impressed. Goofy's contraption is the best.

Carlotta sounds awesome! You were quick on your feet with that answer. And I love the HM magic shot.

Posting comments for two posts because somehow I was lame and missed one??:confused3 :lmao:

LOVE the pic of you guys with the Halloween background while you were waiting for Jack and Sally. Super cute - love the costumes.

I am so jealous of all the characters you guys met - I think I'm making that the priority of our next MNSSHP - I mean the Queen of Hearts (she scares me a little - lol) and the pooh gang in costume - and the Dwarves - we have met them once before, but it's been 4 years.

I am also in love with your pic of BOO. I had NO idea you could see her like that. I know it was a dance party kind of thing, but I so want a pic with Cassie and her somehow. Cassidy's nickname since she was a baby is Boo (after Boo - :lmao:).

Also your pics of the parade made me miss it so bad. I also now know that I want to see it from Main Street next time. The kids are getting old enough to wait a bit, so I think that is where we will shoot for next time. Great Pics!

I wish we could have stayed the whole night at the party, but our travel was catching up to us pretty quick around 10:30pm. Next time I won't do the party on the night we arrive (if we are driving). It is just too much on me.

One of these years I need to make it to a Halloween party if for no other reason that to see the parade. Love any time the characters are dressed up as other characters/in costume

Love the grave diggers - just such a unique aspect of the parade

Fully agree with you - not a fan of the Candy Corn

15 minute wait at HM during a party doesn't seem to bad - and then for it to really be a walk-on :thumbsup2

I like the magic shot with the ghost carriage driver - very cool and unique! That type of thing is really cool to do at the parties so you get something only available at the parties

Hi ! joining in ! we are going to Disney in Sept about the same time as you went so I cant wait to see fall decoration :cool1: we looked at staying at All Stars bu my parents will be coming wih us so we hope to get a suite at AOA. The party looks like so much fun but we will have to wait a few more years for the boys to enjoy it. Looks like you are having a great time so far !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter