• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A few FP+ questions!:)

ameliasmommy

Earning My Ears
This whole FP+ thing has got me all :confused:. For our upcoming trip it will be Me, the husband, 6 year old drama queen, 3 year old Mr. grumpy pants. Mr. Grumpy pants will not be able to ride the rides with the 40in height requirement but the Drama queen will. But while one of us adults ride with her the other one will have to stay with Mr. Grumpy pants. So questions are.........

1. Do me and the husband need a FP+ for the rides Drama queen can ride?
2. Things that only me and the husband can ride do we need fast passes or should we just do regular lines and do rider swap?
3. If we do use fastpasses do we also use rider swap or can you only do one?
4. Is anyone else as confused as me?:)

Ok I will take a stab at some of these and hopefully if I'm wrong someone with more knowledge will correct me. :)

1. Yes, you will need FP+. The first time through, DQ with whatever adult will need to scan the bands. When you go back with the rider swap ticket you will not, however; at least, that was our experience.
3. We did FP and rider swap. Meant our older 2 got to ride twice with no line, they thought it was great!
4. Lol! I just went last week for the first time and found it all greatly confusing. Once we got there however, it all fell into place - rider swap was easy and we loved it.

I had this same scenario yesterday that I was asking about. Here's what I learned:

You can do rider swap with fpp. The best thing to do is get fpp for yourself and drama queen fir the rude that you, Hamas, and drama queen want. Before fpp time, go to the cm at that ride and ask for a rider swap for husband because of grumpy pants. Book a separate fpp for husband and grumpy pants at the same time as your fpp. Then you each go and ride your fpp attraction when the time comes. After that, your husband can use rider swap for the ride that he also wanted to ride, and drama queen can ride it a second time with him on the rider swap ticket!

Clear as mud? It seems odd because your husband will actually get to ride fp on a ride that he never had fpp chosen, but that's the way others explained it to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter