A&E FP+ How would you fix it?

It is so patently unfair to reward those staying for long vacations. A week isn't long enough anymore? RIDICULOUS.

I fear crossing you, but we're going for a 3 day vacation and I didn't have much trouble securing A&E FPs for the morning on our one MK day when our 60 day window opened. They still showed decent availability until about a week later.

I fear crossing you, but we're going for a 3 day vacation and I didn't have much trouble securing A&E FPs for the morning on our one MK day when our 60 day window opened. They still showed decent availability until about a week later.

While I'm happy for you, please understand that what's going on with the September vacations (week of 14 - 20 for me) is a very real problem, and very frustrating. For me personally, there were none available at midnight for any of my six days, and I've confirmed with others that they were actually all gone long before midnight. From what others have stated in this and other threads, they seem to have drastically reduced the number of fastpasses to just 9 per hour, so perhaps you got in before that?

Again.............frustration aside............... how would you resolve the FP dilemma?

Doug :goofy:

How would I solve it….well I would have an A&E meet and greet in other parks, for starters. I know it's not the DIsney Way or whatever, but several posters on this thread have offered great places these could happen in Epcot and Hollywood Studios. And once you provide FP+ for that it takes the weight greatly off the Magic Kingdom, especially if you make it so that you can only get one A&E FP for your stay, not one for each park.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Demand is high, so give more opportunities. MAking this into a Magic Kingdom exclusive just creates hysteria around it.

How would I solve it….well I would have an A&E meet and greet in other parks, for starters. I know it's not the DIsney Way or whatever, but several posters on this thread have offered great places these could happen in Epcot and Hollywood Studios. And once you provide FP+ for that it takes the weight greatly off the Magic Kingdom, especially if you make it so that you can only get one A&E FP for your stay, not one for each park.

Beyond that? I'm not sure. Demand is high, so give more opportunities. MAking this into a Magic Kingdom exclusive just creates hysteria around it.

People keep saying it's "not the Disney Way" (not you, others) and that is such nonsense. The majority of the princesses meet at CRT and Akershus. Pooh meets at MK and Epcot. Belle is (or was) in Epcot and MK. Buzz/Woody have been at HS and MK. And heck, RIGHT NOW the Frozen girls are appearing in MK and HS, they just aren't doing a M&G in HS which is a huge mistake, IMO.

When did you make your FP's? I really bet everyone getting locked out has to do with the system they are testing.

The problem is finding the actresses to play the part. Face characters are typically very hard to find and take a good bit of training before they are ready to meet guests. They can't just grab anyone off the street like a regular CM. I am sure that if Disney could find thirty A&E's they would have already hired them.

I'm surprised no one has suggested adding A and E to the princess meals in Norway. For those suggest rope drop or 8 am ADR's at CRT will get in to A and E without a long wait are dead wrong. We had the ADR and they opened the park ten mins early. By the time we got out of restaurant and to the meet and great the wait was 4 hours. You have to be the very first ones at the rope if you have any chance first thing. That said, at midnight (park was open until 1 am) the posted wait was an hour, but it turned out to be about 45 mins. They have at least two, possibly three different rooms for them. I don't know how many rooms they have on each side if it's say four on each half, they could make two on the other side for a and e as well if this is possible with the queue line setup.

While I'm happy for you, please understand that what's going on with the September vacations (week of 14 - 20 for me) is a very real problem, and very frustrating. For me personally, there were none available at midnight for any of my six days, and I've confirmed with others that they were actually all gone long before midnight. From what others have stated in this and other threads, they seem to have drastically reduced the number of fastpasses to just 9 per hour, so perhaps you got in before that?

That number (9 per hour) came from a VERY unreliable source. I find it hard to believe that they would cap the FP's at that level. The average family that travels to WDW is 4 people. That would mean, on average, only 36 people get to see A&E in an hour (via FP)......highly unlikely. I would believe 9 per window (15 mins), but 9 per hour.....not buying it.

I'm surprised no one has suggested adding A and E to the princess meals in Norway. For those suggest rope drop or 8 am ADR's at CRT will get in to A and E without a long wait are dead wrong. We had the ADR and they opened the park ten mins early. By the time we got out of restaurant and to the meet and great the wait was 4 hours. You have to be the very first ones at the rope if you have any chance first thing. That said, at midnight (park was open until 1 am) the posted wait was an hour, but it turned out to be about 45 mins. They have at least two, possibly three different rooms for them. I don't know how many rooms they have on each side if it's say four on each half, they could make two on the other side for a and e as well if this is possible with the queue line setup.

But then where do the other princess get relocated to? Do they just get kicked out and no one gets to meet them?

My first suggestion is to not require a FP for anyone in line who is not actually meeting with the characters. For instance, my daughter would love to meet them but I would only be in line taking a picture. My daughter is the only one who should need a FP. If I walk through the line to take a picture, I am not adding additional time to the meet and greet. However, if I don't have a FP that would free up a FP for someone who does want to meet the characters.

They way folks abuse every single loophole they can find for everything (adrs, fps, free dining resort rooms) as it is, this would be a disaster-- one person would get a FP, and then 5 people would go in the line "just as accompany" until they get to A and E then -- oh whats the harm since i am already here.

I am so sorry you got shut out. You will be in great company with me next week, when I get shut out, as I most assuredly will. Like you, I am staying a week, so people staying 10-14 days and leaving the same day I am have already booked up the dates.

It is so patently unfair to reward those staying for long vacations. A week isn't long enough anymore? RIDICULOUS.

Nope for me and my family it isn't enough. I guess we are ridiculous:dance3:

I feel fortunate to have secured a fastpass +. I am a 67 year old grandmother traveling alone, and I love Anna. My fastpass + is on the last day of my trip. My vacation will end on a high note. I am also looking forward to seeing the rest of the Frozen offerings throughout Disney World. I just moved things around in my plans, so hopefully I can see the fireworks more than once on my 5 day trip. If I had room in the suitcase, I'd hope to come home with Olaf. Perhaps instead, when I visit the Dells this Summer, they will have him at their Disney Store.

But then where do the other princess get relocated to? Do they just get kicked out and no one gets to meet them?

There are several other princess meals at Disney. I didn't necessarily mean make it a frozen only themed character meal but I would not be surprised if that eventually does happen.

I would hate to see the other Princesses be pushed aside in favor of more space/time for Anna and Elsa. I like all the Princesses, and hope to make some time to see some of them during my trip.

I would hate to see the other Princesses be pushed aside in favor of more space/time for Anna and Elsa. I like all the Princesses, and hope to make some time to see some of them during my trip.
Jasmine (and Aladdin) are in Morocco and In Adventureland in MK. She is also a regular at CRT.

Snow White is a regular at CRT and can be found in Germany. Probably elsewhere in MK as well.

Ariel - Regular at CRT and has her own meet and greet in MK.

Aurora - regular at CRT and was at princess meet and greet when we were there in June.

Cinderella - hosts two character meal locations, while also appearing at the princess fairytale hall and France.

Belle - has her own story time in MK and can been seen in France.

Merida seems to be the only one with just one meet and greet. To my knowledge she is not a regular at any meals.

How rotating two of the princess at the Norway meal is limiting access to princesses that can be found in multiple areas is beyond my comprehension.

Jasmine (and Aladdin) are in Morocco and In Adventureland in MK. She is also a regular at CRT.

Snow White is a regular at CRT and can be found in Germany. Probably elsewhere in MK as well.

Aurora - regular at CRT and was at princess meet and greet.

Cinderella - hosts two character meal locations, while also appearing at the princess fairytale hall and France.

Merida seems to be the only one with just one meet and greet. To my knowledge she is not a regular at any meals.

How rotating two of the princess at the Norway meal is limiting access to princess that can be found in multiple areas is beyond my comprehension.

Thanks. I did realize that some of these ladies are in Epcot. How about Mulan and Pocahantas. I need to do my homework before my trip. Normally I take things as they come. However, sometimes a little before planning helps.

There are several other princess meals at Disney. I didn't necessarily mean make it a frozen only themed character meal but I would not be surprised if that eventually does happen.

I was referring to the idea to make PFTH a Frozen only M&G, kind of isolated in the last part of the PP's post.

Aurora - regular at CRT and was at princess meet and greet when we were there in June.

Rapunzel meets in Princess Fairytale Hall in MK

Tiana meets with Naveen in Liberty Square in MK

Pocahantas meets on the Discovery Island Trail in AK

Mulan meets at the Epcot China Pavilion and sometimes at Akershus

Anna & Elsa make 13 official Disney Princesses.

(from a dad who knows too much about Disney Princesses)

She used to be a PFH before she was booted for the Frozen sisters. She now meets in Town Square.

She also hosts a meal in Epcot (at Akershus).

While not scheduled, we've met Pocahontas, Jasmine, and Mulan at Characterpalooza as well. :thumbsup2 There is definitely precedence for those princesses to be all over the place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter