A Disney First: Allergy-Menu Dining April 2-8 *updated 4/24

Storybrooke

Earning My Ears
Hi Everyone!

I have been reading the boards for years, but my first trip to a Disney park with special dietary needs finally prompted me to sign up and share. I love reading dining reviews, and found them very helpful planning my first trip back to Disney World since my honeymoon in 2009. This time my husband and I were joined by our two children, DD-6 and DS-2. Both kids are Disneyland veterans (we live on the West Coast), but were first-timers to the World.

I had initially made our ADRs at 180 days, focusing on restaurants that provided a balance of interesting food and opportunities to keep our youngest entertained at the table. DH and I had dined at Coral Reef and 50s Prime Time on our honeymoon, and wanted to share those with the kids. I also booked Be Our Guest - but for lunch, instead of dinner, as DS is more likely to cooperate in the middle of the day. I finally settled on Crystal Palace for a pre-park opening breakfast and Garden Grill for lunch for our character meals, as DD is not at all interested in anything Princess-related.

Then, a few weeks before our trip, my new GP finally pinpointed the source of the poor health I'd been suffering from for years: severe dietary intolerances to dairy and soy. Through elimination, I discovered an equally severe intolerance to onions, and sensitivities to legumes and garlic. Once I stopped eating dairy, soy and onions, my health improved dramatically. However, so did my approach to dining at Disney World.

While I had initially made only a few ADRs, knowing that DS-2 would have little patience for table-service meals, my diagnosis sent me scrambling to book at least one TS meal per day of our stay, knowing that I would have better access to a variety of safe foods. I also started studying the allergy-friendly menus available online, and got in touch with Disney's Special Diets team. I was fully prepared, and determined not to let my dietary needs get in the way of a great Disney vacation.

Next Up: Preparation Only Gets You So Far

Preparation Only Gets You So Far

Day 1: Breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery

We flew into Orlando on an overnight flight from Seattle, arriving before 6 am. After checking into the Swan Resort (DH travels a lot for work, and so we were able to book our week-long stay using only points), we took the first of many morning strolls over to the Boardwalk, intending to have breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery. I had read that they stocked some of the Erin McKenna's Bakery allergy-free baked goods, and hoped to try whatever they had available. Which was....nothing. They normally carry a pack of miniature cupcakes (which I found there later in the week), but on this particular Saturday morning, the only safe option the bakery could offer me was fruit: whole fruit (orange, apple, banana) or a fruit pack (melon and apple). I had Lara Bars with me should I run into trouble finding safe foods, but a fruit pack and a Lara Bar are not very satisfying when your kids are eating chocolate chip Mickey muffins, and your husband has a chocolate croissant to go with his coffee. Luckily, I drink my coffee black, because there were no dairy-free/soy-free latte options.

Day 1: Lunch at Coral Reef

After an increasingly wet morning at EPCOT (the only day it rained during our stay), we were happy to be able to sit out the downpour at Coral Reef. I had booked an early lunch, knowing we would all be pretty tired after not sleeping (well) on the airplane. Both kids surprised me by being fairly alert and pretty well-behaved - and DD-2 has a very hard time sitting still at mealtimes. Spotting fish kept the kids well-occupied, allowing me to locate the safe options on the allergy menu. Pardon me, option, no -s. Only the 'Seared Rainbow Trout with White Beans, Arugula, Tomatoes, Crispy Bacon, Balsamic Vinegar' was both dairy-free and soy-free. Our waiter suggested having the chef come over to check about onions in the dish. Unfortunately, the beans were pre-mashed and seasoned with onion, and red onion was mixed up with the salad, and the only way to avoid them would be to switch out the sides for plain white rice.
I decided to try my luck and eat around the red onion, and eat only a bit of the white bean mash, as plain rice bores me to tears. Before our mains came out, DH and the kids helped themselves to the rolls with butter. I was brought out a gluten-free roll (also dairy-free/soy-free), which was warmed well, but still very much gluten-free.
The trout itself was delicious, and what part of the sides I was able to eat was well-seasoned, though a bit heavy on the balsamic vinegar. DH ordered the 'Seafood Scampi' and thought it was very good, and the kids ordered the Jr. Reef Steak and the Macaroni and Cheese. DD-6 is a bit of a steak snob, and thought it was overcooked (despite having requested medium), leaving DH to finish it after his own meal. DS-2 will never complain so long as mac&cheese is on the menu...
For dessert, DH ordered the Chocolate Wave, the kids each had a Seaside Cupcake (with adorable starfish toppers and fish sprinkles), and I was offered... a fruit cup. Desserts are difficult when you need to be both dairy and soy-free, but I had hoped for something a little more comparable to the other desserts on the menu. A bit disappointing, but the meal was still good overall, and I felt okay afterwards, despite the white bean mash (I only ate a few bites, though, to be safe).

Day 1 : Dinner at Picabu (Dolphin Resort)

By dinnertime we were all feeling a bit run-down and soggy, and after bringing our things up to the room and changing into dry clothes, we didn't feel like wandering much farther away than the Swan/Dolphin. Picabu is a cafeteria-style restaurant, and has an allergy list available, as at the Disney-owned restaurants. I was able to order a burrito with a safe corn tortilla, rice, adobo chicken and avocado. It was a bit bland, and I didn't check to see whether onions used in the adobo spice mix (the allergy list only included the top-8 allergens), since I had already been exposed that day, and I was too tired (and the kids were too crabby) to jump through any hoops to get food. I didn't feel great afterwards, but that may also have been the jetlag.
DH had rotisserie chicken with a choice of sides, and the kids shared a kid's hot dog meal, yogurt and fruit. The chicken was good, according to DH, and the hot dog was standard fare, but good enough for the two littles.

Special Diet Takeaway:

Don't count on dessert when you have an intolerance or allergy to both dairy and soy. Also, not all offerings listed may be available.

Yikes!!! I went dairy free soy free when I had my baby because he had a milk protein allergy and it was miserable. Glad you were able to find some options. Can't wait to see what else you find.

Yikes!!! I went dairy free soy free when I had my baby because he had a milk protein allergy and it was miserable. Glad you were able to find some options. Can't wait to see what else you find.

Both DD and DS had MSPI their first year, but both thankfully outgrew it by their first birthday. They were both fed Neocate until they grew out of their MSPI, because dietary changes and breastfeeding didn't help. Great to hear someone else can relate! The funny thing is that the diet isn't all that hard at home.

Dining with a Toddler: 'I Don't Like That Noise!'

Day 2: Breakfast in the Room (Or Not At All)

Our park plans with two young children involved getting to the parks for rope drop in the mornings, so we had brought easy (and safe, for me) breakfast bars with us from home. Lara Bars are far from my favorite, but they will do in a pinch, and this morning was certainly a pinch, as we were still on Pacific Time, and had to rush out the door to get to MK for park opening.

Day 2: Lunch at Be Our Guest

After touring Adventureland and New Fantasyland this morning, we were happily able to escape the madhouse that was the MK on a crowd-level 10 day (!) for our 11.20 lunch at BOG. My DH had ridiculed the pre-ordering option, saying that he wasn't going to decide what he wanted for lunch on vacation before even leaving home, so we were sent into the kiosk ordering line. The process was fairly self-explanatory, but our kiosk was a bit finicky about the checkout step, so we had to call over a cast member to reset the card reader (we were not on DDP and did not have MB charging privileges). The kiosk ordering system allows you to select potential allergens from a drop-down menu listing the top-8 allergens, then shows you the menu options available to you. I was given two choices: the Tuna Nicoise Salad and the Quinoa Salad. Luckily, I like salads, and opted for the nicoise. DH ordered the Carved Chuck Prime Roast Beef Sandwich and we decided to have the kids share the Chip's Delight Kid's Meal (grilled cheese, tomato soup and green beans). I was not given any dessert option compatible with my selected allergens, but the rest of the family decided on the Double Chocolate Cupcake, Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake, and the Eclair A L'Orange. DH was nice enough to share some of his Pommes Frites with the kids.

DD insisted that we sit in the West Wing, where we found a table next to the enchanted rose. Our food came out fairly quickly: mine was brought to the table by hand by one cast member, while the rest of the food was presented in the trolley by a second cast member. They take cross-contamination very seriously at Disney, which I appreciate, even though I'm not at risk myself.

The atmosphere in the restaurant was great, but my reservations about the West Wing proved warranted when DS heard the crash of thunder preceding the change in the Prince's portrait. He looked around rather anxiously, proclaiming in a whisper "I don't like that noise. Too dark." DS refused to eat any of his food, and insisted on sitting on my lap. I told DH and DD to finish their food while I took DS to explore the other, more well-lit, rooms. When we returned, DH and DD were finishing up their desserts, and I suggested DH take DS to finish up his food in the Rose Gallery. DD kept me company while I finished up my meal, after which we joined the rest of the family in the Rose Gallery, where DS proceeded to polish off most of his grilled cheese, and all of his cupcake. The 'I don't like that noise' did become a popular refrain of his for the remainder of our trip, both in attractions and at two of our other meals (I'll let you guess which ones).

Day 2: Dinner at Kona Cafe

Kona Cafe was one of the add-on ADRs I had made when I was diagnosed just before our trip. I had read positive reviews about allergy accommodations at resort restaurants, and let DH pick from a few options. He was most interested in the theming of the Polynesian Village Resort, so Kona it was! We had a 5.25 pm ADR, and were seated about 5 minutes after checking in, at exactly 5.25. I had noted my intolerances on the ADR, and our waitress went to request the chef right after she introduced herself and took our drink orders (Island Sunset for me, Lapu Lapu for DH, milk and chocolate milk for the kids). I had been given an allergy menu, but none of the items on it were both dairy-free and soy-free.

When the chef came to our table a few minutes later, he asked me what I liked on the menu, but said that none of the sauces served with the meats and fish were safe, as they all contained onions and/or soy. He could grill plain chicken or fish for me, and sub the sides for safe veggies and rice. This didn't sound very appealing to me, especially in comparison with the items on the menu, so I asked if it was possible to prepare a safe sushi option. All of the sushi choices were safe, with the exception of the tempura. I had read during my research that this can be made gluten-free (and dairy-free, I think), but I didn't have my heart set on it, so I didn't ask if this was an option for me. I decided to let the chef make a selection plate for me, as I like all sushi, even when I can't dip it in soy sauce. The chef also mentioned that for dessert he could make me a safe version of the chocolate fondue, served with allergy-free cookies (Enjoy Life brand) instead of the house-made cookies. Yes, please! DH ordered the Kona Coffee-Rubbed Pork Chop with Mashed Potatoes, Fire-Roasted Corn and Eggplant and the kids both picked a hot dog. We ordered one with grapes and one with fries, and split the sides between both kids.

We all really enjoyed our meal here. The sushi selection was fresh and varied (I received three different types), and the pickled ginger on the side was very tasty - I didn't miss the soy sauce at all! DH loved his pork chop, which was huge, as well as the sides. He loved his drink most of all, though:rotfl2:. The kids both ate well, although DS was getting very antsy, and didn't want to sit down. Even though he was totally ready to head back out, I wasn't going to let myself be cheated out of dessert, so DH and I ordered the Kona Press-Pot Coffee to share, I placed my order for the Chocolate Fondue, and DH selected the Yuzu Citrus Tart. The kids had ice cream sundaes included in their meal, which came with chocolate sauce, m&ms and Mickey sprinkles on the side, so they could build their own dessert. They loved it! DH thought the citrus tart was really good - it reminded him of key lime pie, but with a slightly more tart finish. The allergy-free cookies with my dessert were soft and chewy, and I was given a good variety of fruit (melon, pineapple and strawberries), but the chocolate sauce was very watery. I think it may have been ice cream topping, rather than proper melted chocolate - I'm not sure whether this was an allergy accommodation, or if this is what they usually serve. It was okay, but I was not going to complain, since any real dessert is better than none, and I was being presented with a viable alternative to the regular menu items. The press-pot coffee was good - better than Disney coffee, but I wouldn't put it on par with the coffee here in the Seattle area. That, however, wouldn't be a fair comparison anyway....

Day 2 Snacks:

Cheshire Cafe (MK) - Raspberry Lemonade Slush

Our verdict: sweet, but a great pick-me-up when it's warm. DS didn't want any, but he dislikes all sweet drinks, including juice.

Cider House Kiosk (EPCOT F&G) - Snakebite: Cigar City Tampa-style Lager mixed with McKenzie’s Black Cherry Hard Cider
Our verdict: delicious! May have to try this one at home...

Special Diet Takeaway:

Consider dining at one of the resorts if you have special dietary needs.

I think part of the reason Kona Cafe was able to offer me comparable food (to the regular menu options) was because it was less crowded than the restaurants in the theme parks, and the pace was a bit more leisurely. Also, if the chef doesn't offer you something that seems interesting, don't be afraid to ask about other options on the menu, or to make your own suggestions. Sometimes they just err on the side of caution.

Up Next: I Can't Eat When It's This Crowded

thanks so much for a great review ..especially for people with allergies...fantastic ...

thanks so much for a great review ..especially for people with allergies...fantastic ...

Thanks! I wanted to write an allergy review because I could find so few. Honestly, eating with allergies/intolerances adds a whole new dimension to dining out, including at Disney. I hope my experience can help others prepare for allergy friendly dining at the parks and resorts.

I unfortunately didn't get to take any food pics - dealing with a very active two year old during meals kept me away from the camera. And honestly, allergy-friendly meals are not exactly photogenic...

Thanks! I wanted to write an allergy review because I could find so few. Honestly, eating with allergies/intolerances adds a whole new dimension to dining out, including at Disney. I hope my experience can help others prepare for allergy friendly dining at the parks and resorts.

You are so right about how allergies totally change how and where we dine-out. I am very much appreciating your reviews. I will be traveling to Disney with food allergies (wheat, milk, corn and peanuts) for the first time later this year. Thank you.

I unfortunately didn't get to take any food pics - dealing with a very active two year old during meals kept me away from the camera. And honestly, allergy-friendly meals are not exactly photogenic...
LOVING THIS REVIEW. Over the past year, through alot of trial and error and elimination, I have found with the help of my GI dr that I have an severe intollerance to onions/garlic, dairy and shellfish it seems too! I am sooo enjoying your review. Can't wait to read more. We are going back to WDW (Beach Club) in August and I am concerned with finding enough of a variety of food for the week. What are Lara bars? Should I be checking them out? Eating/ordering out now is not easy and I feel bad for my family and the server who has to listen/answer my questions when I order. Thanks again for your review.

Thanks for your great reviews. I have severe allergies to tree nuts so am always very aware of what is possible for me to eat. Your allergies are a lot more complex so hats off to you for handling everything so well and helping others to do the same! :)

Loving your review! I have an auto-immune disease which causes severe muscle & joint pain. I try to avoid gluten at all costs, as I find I have a lot more pain when eating foods that contain gluten. Would you mind telling me what symptoms you were having, as it seems even with not eating gluten, I still have pretty bad joint pain at times.

Thanks for your great reviews. I have severe allergies to tree nuts so am always very aware of what is possible for me to eat. Your allergies are a lot more complex so hats off to you for handling everything so well and helping others to do the same! :)

Thanks! It's still a lot of trial and error, especially now that I'm back home. Sometimes I almost wish for a 'simple' allergy - but then I remind myself that at least my intolerances aren't life-threatening. I really sympathize with people with 'real' allergies.

LOVING THIS REVIEW. Over the past year, through alot of trial and error and elimination, I have found with the help of my GI dr that I have an severe intollerance to onions/garlic, dairy and shellfish it seems too! I am sooo enjoying your review. Can't wait to read more. We are going back to WDW (Beach Club) in August and I am concerned with finding enough of a variety of food for the week. What are Lara bars? Should I be checking them out? Eating/ordering out now is not easy and I feel bad for my family and the server who has to listen/answer my questions when I order. Thanks again for your review.

Lara Bars are date-based snack bars, free of most major allergens. They work in a pinch, so are nice to have on hand. I can find them at my local grocery store, which is a bit more high-end, and I've seen them at Whole Foods. You can also order them through Amazon.

I know what the ordering is like....it always seems to take forever. I felt so bad making the kids wait extra long for their food, just so I could eat, too.

Loving your review! I have an auto-immune disease which causes severe muscle & joint pain. I try to avoid gluten at all costs, as I find I have a lot more pain when eating foods that contain gluten. Would you mind telling me what symptoms you were having, as it seems even with not eating gluten, I still have pretty bad joint pain at times.

My symptoms are primarily GI-related, but can include severe headaches and brain fog. I suspect Fructose Malabsorption as my underlying cause, so many, many foods can cause symptoms, differing from day to day, and depending on how much I consume. This results mainly in GI symptoms. I also looked into histamine intolerance as a possible source, and I wonder if this might be something for you to consider, as the symptoms typically also include muscle and joint pain. Hope this helps!

My symptoms are primarily GI-related, but can include severe headaches and brain fog. I suspect Fructose Malabsorption as my underlying cause, so many, many foods can cause symptoms, differing from day to day, and depending on how much I consume. This results mainly in GI symptoms. I also looked into histamine intolerance as a possible source, and I wonder if this might be something for you to consider, as the symptoms typically also include muscle and joint pain. Hope this helps!

Thank you for your thoughts! I have never heard of histamine intolerance. I'll have to do some research on it. As of this morning, I decided to try to avoid all known inflammatory inducing foods besides gluten. I've been eating a lot of cheese lately, so am going to cut all dairy out, and see what happens. It will be a little experiment. We leave for WDW in a little over three weeks, and at this rate, I'm barely going to be able to move.

Hungry, Hungry Hippo

Day 3: Breakfast in the Room

During our stroll through EPCOT the night before, we had stopped by Boulangerie Patisserie Les Halles to pick up some pastries for breakfast. We were heading to Animal Kingdom for EMH and wanted a time-saving-but-tasty treat to start our day. DH opted for a Napoleon, DD picked a Raspberry Macaron, and I picked a Hazelnut Beignet for DS, who has an unswerving devotion to Nutella. I couldn't find anything safe at Les Halles, so settled for some leftover fruit salad we had stored in the in-room fridge. DH compared the Napoleon favorably to the 'real' European version - and I was even more sad about not being able to try it. DD only nibbled at her macaron - she hadn't realized the filling was a lemon curd, which she discovered she didn't like. DH had a bite, but didn't like it as a breakfast food. DS also only took a small bite from his beignet, then traded it for a granola bar. DH ate about half of the beignet, which he said tasted exactly like a nutella-filled doughnut. Good thing I don't like nutella...

Day 3: Lunch at Flame Tree Barbecue

Despite the predicted level 6 crowds, AK had reached a level 10 by lunchtime. We had decided on an early lunch at Flame Tree, which, based on my research, was able to accommodate both the kids' limited palettes and my various food intolerances. What I hadn't counted on was the crowds. There was a greeter outside the ordering stations, handing out menus and directing people into the various lines - it was all very orderly and well-managed. When I asked for an allergy menu, however, I was informed that there had been a misprint on the most recent menu, and they couldn't provide me with one. I was told to mention my allergy to the cashier. I, of course, panicked. The line had grown exponentially longer behind us, and I just couldn't see myself holding it up even more while I flipped through the allergy binder at the register. DS was already antsy, and DD was crabby (she likes crowds about as much as I do).

Once we reached the cashier, I mentioned my dietary restrictions. Because of the number of people waiting to order, we were asked to place the rest of the family's order, and I could return directly to the cashier after speaking with the manager, in essence placing two separate orders. We were not on a dining plan, and had no MagicBand charging privileges, so this was a bit of a hassle. We waited at the window for the order to be filled, and by then I was almost in tears. I hadn't eaten anything substantial all day (the rest had shared two cookies for snack earlier), and it was starting to become a bit overwhelming. I dreaded flipping through the binder, knowing that my combination of allergens would make finding something very difficult without a menu as a guide, and so when the manager came over, I told him I would skip eating. I was starving, but I also feel very uncomfortable being a burden to anyone. The manager insisted it was fine, but I could tell the cast members working were swamped, and I didn't want to make it worse.

We made our way to the table out back, and one woman was nice enough to motion us over, saying her family was just leaving. We really needed that kind of pixie dust right about then - I could have hugged her! The table was fairly shaded, so we were able to recuperate from the heat and the crowds - the Flame Tree seating area felt a little less hectic than the rest of AK. DH and I shared his Safari Amber, while the kids ate their hot dogs and grapes, with the usual milk and chocolate milk. DH had ordered the Pulled Pork Sandwich, served with baked beans. He loves to order pulled pork when we eat out, so I wasn't surprised. He said it was okay, but I think my food situation influenced his opinion.

After lunch we had an EE FP+ to use. I was determined to find food afterwards, but even with rider swap it was a good hour and a half later before I could grab something to eat at the Harambe Fruit Market. The park was so crowded, we walked past it twice without noticing! I asked the cast member if the pretzels were still dairy and soy free, and she looked it up in the binder for me. They were! That news, along with her extreme friendliness, made my gloomy day a bit brighter. And, hey, Mickey-shaped pretzel = love, right? :earboy2:

Day 3: Dinner at ABC Commissary

After my pretzel/lunch, we decided we had had enough of AK. It had been a challenging morning, navigating crowds and allergens, and we were all ready for a break. After some time at the less-crowded Grotto Pool at the Swan/Dolphin, we showered, changed and walked over to DHS. We were hoping to catch Fantasmic (spoiler: we didn't - it was standing room only 75 minutes before showtime..), so I led us over to the ABC Commissary.

The Commissary was fairly quiet, which was a nice change from the rest of the park, and I had no problem ordering off the allergy menu this time. We had a minor incident with DD when she didn't see anything she liked on the kid's menu, but solved it by ordering an adult Chicken Tenders for her and DS to share, as well as a Darth Vader Cupcake. DH ordered the Angus Cheeseburger. I had decided to try the Allergy Friendly Chicken Tenders. The tenders had to be baked to accommodate my soy intolerance, and I could choose between apple slices or broccoli as my side. I generally don't tolerate anything more than two stalks of broccoli at a time, so I went with apple slices. We were given a pager after ordering, and went to find a seat.

After waiting about 20 minutes, and taking a walk around the restaurant to look at the show props on display, our pager buzzed. I had to go up with DH to get our food, as my meal was served on a separate tray. This is standard at counter service locations, to prevent cross-contamination. The allergy chicken tenders were much better than I was expecting, very flavorful and with a nice crispy texture, despite not being fried. The apple slices, however, were a disappointment, as I only received one small bag, like you would get with a kid's meal. Not at all equivalent to the other adult meals, but sadly still as expensive. DD and DS loved the regular fried chicken tenders, and the cupcake, which was a chocolate cake with chocolate-peanut butter frosting. DD claimed the Darth Vader chocolate-on-a-stick. DH's burger was a typical Disney burger - not very exciting.

I really missed having french fries, but Disney fries are prepared in soy oil (first frying during production), and therefore unsuitable for soy allergies. The actual oil Disney fries in (for the allergy fryers, at least) is 100% canola. The allergy tenders are fried in the dedicated allergy-friendly fryer for all top-8 allergies except soy. In the case of soy allergies, the tenders are baked to avoid cross-contamination.

Day 3: Snacks

Zuri's Sweet Shop (AK)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie and Peanut Butter Cookie
Huge chunks in the cookies! Cute shop, but no options for me.

Drinkwallah (AK) - Coconut-Lychee Lemonade
* Great drink on a warm day, but know that it does have alcohol - which I may have forgotten when I let DD have a few sips....oops!

Special Diet Takeaway:

Be prepared to switch gears if necessary in order to find safe food. There may not be a printed allergy menu available, or it may be very stressful placing an order. Research some potential options to fall back on. Both the pretzels and popcorn served at all parks were dairy free and soy free at the time we were visiting - but be sure to confirm with a cast member before you purchase. I ate my pretzel with mustard.

Next Up: When Did Dairy-Free Become Gluten-Free?

Thank you for your thoughts! I have never heard of histamine intolerance. I'll have to do some research on it. As of this morning, I decided to try to avoid all known inflammatory inducing foods besides gluten. I've been eating a lot of cheese lately, so am going to cut all dairy out, and see what happens. It will be a little experiment. We leave for WDW in a little over three weeks, and at this rate, I'm barely going to be able to move.

Avoiding both dairy and gluten is actually not too difficult at WDW, as DF items are often also GF. I ended up eating GF quite often, just because they were usually lumped together. My favorite DF/GF options were the drinks at the F&G festival. You should check out Gluten-Free Dairy-Free WDW (the website) - she has some wonderful reviews and a list of suitable F&G snack items! I found it very helpful in planning our trip.

Hungry, Hungry Hippo
I really missed having french fries, but Disney fries are prepared in soy oil (first frying during production), and therefore unsuitable for soy allergies. The actual oil Disney fries in (for the allergy fryers, at least) is 100% canola. The allergy tenders are fried in the dedicated allergy-friendly fryer for all top-8 allergies except soy. In the case of soy allergies, the tenders are baked to avoid cross-contamination.

So, if I am worried I may have a soy intolerance too, the fries and chicken tenders are fried in soy? This could explain why I didn't do well on our last trip to Disney. The process you explain confused me. I am so disappointed now. :(

Avoiding both dairy and gluten is actually not too difficult at WDW, as DF items are often also GF. I ended up eating GF quite often, just because they were usually lumped together. My favorite DF/GF options were the drinks at the F&G festival. You should check out Gluten-Free Dairy-Free WDW (the website) - she has some wonderful reviews and a list of suitable F&G snack items! I found it very helpful in planning our trip.

Where is this? I would love to read this website. I appreciate all your info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter