A Disney Dining Plan story...........

dkrauss

Goofy Fan from Jersey
Well I've run the numbers (for our trip) and found that waiting for Free Dining will cost us more.

You see we booked our trip back in Oct 2013 for Sept 15 to 19 2014. We recieved a PIN code and got a very nice deal for the WL for 5 days/4 nights. We didn't book a dining plan at that time because we're still learning about them and asking questions. Well since then we've decided to go with the Deluxe DP for my sweetie and I (the kids are out........its just us).

Well I've been reading and hearing all about this FREE Dining situation that seems to have overtaken all the FP+ talk. Started to get excited about it until I learned i'd have to rebook my trip at regular rates........lose all my ADR's.........ahhh the humanity :rolleyes2.

So when I did the math (and you must do the math):stir:.........even with the new pricing on the Deluxe DP.......I'm still saving over $300 keeping my current reservation and just adding the meal plan.

I guess the moral of my story is.........There's no FREE Disney Dining Plan.....for those who've booked with a PIN :scared1:

Doug :goofy:

Well I've run the numbers (for our trip) and found that waiting for Free Dining will cost us more.

You see we booked our trip back in Oct 2013 for Sept 15 to 19 2014. We recieved a PIN code and got a very nice deal for the WL for 5 days/4 nights. We didn't book a dining plan at that time because we're still learning about them and asking questions. Well since then we've decided to go with the Deluxe DP for my sweetie and I (the kids are out........its just us).

Well I've been reading and hearing all about this FREE Dining situation that seems to have overtaken all the FP+ talk. Started to get excited about it until I learned i'd have to rebook my trip at regular rates........lose all my ADR's.........ahhh the humanity :rolleyes2.

So when I did the math (and you must do the math):stir:.........even with the new pricing on the Deluxe DP.......I'm still saving over $300 keeping my current reservation and just adding the meal plan.

I guess the moral of my story is.........There's no FREE Disney Dining Plan.....for those who've booked with a PIN :scared1:

Unless your getting a PIN for FD:)

You will not loose your ADR's if you rebook. Every situation is different and typically FD does not work out for just a couple staying deluxe.

FD for my family at a moderate resort will save us $4366.08 There is no way I can get a savings like that with any type of room discount at the moderate or even value level :rotfl2:

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!

Yes, if we have to we can pay OOP and really work it to save on the dining but I will be taking (4) 17 year olds and it really works so much better and easier when they have the plan and will have plenty to eat. We will stay in 2 rooms but my mom will carry the cost of one of those so the food is the big one for us. We are taking 3 of DD friends for their high school senior year, they have not been to Disney so really happy to be able to make sure they get lots of character and dining experiences pixiedust: for them.

FD for my family at a moderate resort will save us $4366.08

If you don't mind me asking how can that be? Either you have 16 people going or you're staying 4 weeks. Unless I'm missing something?

Sorry just read another post of yours and you do have a lot of people going. My bad.

If you don't mind me asking how can that be? Either you have 16 people going or you're staying 4 weeks. Unless I'm missing something? Sorry just read another post of yours and you do have a lot of people going. My bad.

Everyone is considered an adult, so 6 adults x $60.64 ( cost of DDP) x 12 nights

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter