• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A couple of crazy questions about park reservations

mickey1968

DIS Veteran
Hi, guys I have kind of decided to take a last minute trip in the first part of May but park reservations are barely available and not available at all for MK until mid June unless you have AP.

Question 1, do park ressies ever open up day of or day before? I will be traveling solo so I can make last minute changes without ruining anyone else’s trip.

Question 2, from what I understand, if you have a hopper ticket or AP, you can make a reservation for one park, then hop to another after 2 pm without having a reservation for the second park. Has anyone had luck with this for example do morning and lunch at Epcot then hop to MK if MK had no availability?

Finally, if you have a hopper and no ressie can you show up at the gate after 2 pm and have a chance of getting in?

thanks!

1. Parks can open up but there is no guarantee. Many people are in the same situation you are so you will want to check often.

2. So far, park hopping has always been allowed even when all parks were at capacity for reservations.

3. No. The only way to hop to a new park is to have a reservation at a park, tap into that park and then hop to a new park at 2pm. If you don’t have any reservation on a date you are not allowed to go to any park in spite of having a park hopper ticket.

Hopefully you can find openings for the dates of your trip. Check often by trying to book park reservations. Do not rely on the park availability calendar as it is not updated real-time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter