A brief, but oh so sweet, dining review (gf inclusive!)

mommycrawford

DIS Veteran
I am on a 24 hour Amtrak train, and I figured I'd keep memories alive with an homage to our dinners! (Thank you Lumiere!)...BTW, my DD17 is gluten free, so every place we went had offerings for her!

Boma: delicious as ever! Often our first night, as travelling to AKL can be a trek. No peanut soup or nut crusted salmon on 8/26, but plenty of delicious things! Seafood curry soup, a tomato based salmon, always delicious fufu and salads, pork, beef, fresh fruit, etc.! I am not a zebra dome liker, but they are still available, for those who care.

San Angel Inn: I ordered wrong here, as the new combination was not my fave, but my daughter and mother had the carne asada which was a winner! Chocolate moose was not as yummy as I remembered.

1900 Park Faire:....one of our better buffet experiences! The food was all very fresh, with the chef very willing to make gf eqivalents in the kitchen...the only buffet that did so! Carved meats, some unique salads, several hot vegetables, and they made a gf dessert plate for DD. The step sisters were amazing as always, but Lady Tremaine was too nice.....I miss the snarly days!

Tusker House Dinner: our server was phoning it in, which dampened the whole thing, but also (much to my surprise,) the food didn't seem fresh! Maybe the hurricane watch affected deliveries, but there seemed to be a lack of vegetables, and some of the salads out had turned brown. The salmon and potatos were good, and the watermelon feta salad was nice, but I have loved dinner and lunch here in the past, and I really was not happy this time....The server irked my nerves too!

Askerhaus: Now this was a new one, and I had no grand expectations, but we thoroughly enjoyed dinner here! It was much smaller than I expected, and the princess interaction was lovely (though we were not aiming for character meals: just curious!) The cold buffet had lovely poached salmon with dill sauce, grilled asparagus drizzled with balsamic glaze, green salad, cheeses, I think shrimp?! And the main was nice, but a lot to eat after enjoying the buffet. I am shocked that I would want to return, as I thought it would be a one off, and the servers are sooooo sweet!

OHANA: AMAZING VISIT!....From Paul who seated us, to Rosa who served us, to Chef Dougie who made the gf versions of things for DD, to Lipoa who sings and runs activities with the most generous heart; it was a perfect night, (....and I am not even a fan of meats!) Everything was yummy, and everyone was so personable and helpful: they seemed like a fun family!

Trattoria Al Forno: (This was a last minute substitution for Raglan Road, as we did not want to be stuck at Disney Springs if the stormy weather landed, as expected!) What a wonderful surprise! I knew they accommodated gf diets, but mourning Kouzinna, I had not originally planned to dine there. My DD had delicious calamari and chicken parmesean, I had th whole fish, which was Branzinno, and my mom had the tuna: all dishes were delicious, though the gf pasta was overcooked (....a sin in an Italian restaurant.) That sin can be overlooked given the rest of the meal!

Mama Melrose: Not my favorite place, but tolerable in Hollywood Studios, as they accommodate gf diets very nicely. Our server was like the worst airline hostess you could imagine, and I was happiest when she was nowhere near me, but the steak and saltimbucco were good!

Cape May dinner buffet: I usually don't favor this place, but my daughter likes to explore the crab legs and other unique item on the buffet. Sadly, they did not have her coveted Old Bay shrimp, but I liked the buffet more than usual: we did arrive at 5, so that may have made a difference! They had nut crusted salmon, and the best mashed potatos, and a kale salad and ceasar salad that were yummy! The fried clams were breading mostly, but there was a good variety for shelfish lovers and meat eaters alike! They had a paella that had everything in it....shrimps, sausage, chicken, shellfish, and the rice was mighty tasty! My family also enjoyed ambrosia salad, antipasta salad, and marinated olives. NOTE TO THE GFs out there: my DD was told the minestone soup was safe, and she found noodles in it! o_O...use your sense, look at stuff, and question things that seem wrong! (The chef had moved from Captain's Grille, where they add in noodles tableside, or something, so it is gf there. Luckily, we are not celiac, or it could have been quite bad!)

The Wave: new to us. Yummy beef tenderloin and scallops over corn risotto! They also had grapefruit juice, which was hard to find! Our server was very sweet, even though the restaurant was short staffed! Serene little place.

That is the end of our dinner dining adventures! I am sorry to be picureless, but then that is really teasing anyway, and that is a little like bullying, and I don't want to do that to any of you!

BTW,...the buffalo chicken popcorn in Epcot went straight in the bin, whereas the mint chip ice cream went straight in my mouth! The Latin poutine at Poutine in Disney Springs is gluten free, and mighty tasty! The kefta plate in Morroco is.delicious and can be made gf, and Sunshine Seasons is stlll an excellent qs place to please lots of eating needs!

Bon appetit!

popcorn::

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter