• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

A Bittersweet Return... Winkler's TR ~ Many Pics! Our time is over!

aksunshine

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone. I've just started getting back on the boards. For those of you who know my background, Levi's birthday was Mother's Day, so May has been a rough month. Those of you who don't know what i am talking about, read on, all will be revealed in short.

So, we are about 3 months out from our next trip to Disney and I decided to start our PTR. Warning: This may be a bumpy ride!

Who is going? Here is our cast!

Me- Alicia- I love Disney, and have succeeded in hooking my family. This will be our third family trip in as many years. Although, I have been 2 other times as a child. Originally, Disney was supposed to be an every 4 year adventure, but we just love it too much. Our last trip was Sept.- Oct. 2007. We had an amazing time and gained memories that we will cherish always. It was our son, Levi's first trip, he was 17 mo. old. Six days after our return, a 19 yo ran a red light and t-boned our car, sending me and my DH to the hospital for 2 weeks. Our daughter was fine, however, we lost our Levi. Levi sustained serious head injury and could not be revived. Our life has been turned upside down since then. We need some happiness, so off to Disney we go!

There are no words to express how I am feeling, reading about your loss. Just wanted to give some encouragement to write on...

I will be waiting to hear how Disney might help heal a broken heart.

Bee

Dh- Matt- Matt is lovin Disney! Like me, he is worried about going back, but at the same time looking forward to it. Two days ago he got an iphone. He got on Disboards with it! He cracks me up! He is not an amusement park lover, but he knows that Disney is so much more.

DD- Isabelle- Isabelle just turned 6! This will be her thirde trip! She is very excited! She is supposed to be taking a friend, in fact the whole family is going, more on that soon! So she is super excited to show someone else Disney!

DS- Levi- Levi will be with us in Spirit. Sadly, I won't get to see the look on his face when the teacups spin, or his excitment over actually seeing Mickey, his favorite. Things like this make it really hard to think about going back. Levi loved Disney and I am going to be a crying mess while we are there, because of that. I miss him greatly.

I am single and do not have any children so I cannot possible understand the magnitude of your loss. When I read your post about your upcoming trip the first thing that came to mind was what an amazing, strong woman you must be. While as you say, your trip will be a bittersweet one, I hope the planning and the trip itself can bring some happiness to you and your family. You have encouraged me to do a pre-trip report. If you can do one for such an emotionally charged trip then I can do one too.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bonnie

I'm with Bonnie in that I currently don't have any children and cannot even begin to imagine what you've been through. My thoughts with you and your family and my hopes to you that you have a wonderful heart-healing (if only a fraction) trip together. :)

And now some pictures-

Our first Family trip, Jan. 2006 (I was 6 mo. pregnant with Levi)
disney099.jpg

disney076-1.jpg

disney274-1.jpg

disney267.jpg

Last trip, Sept. 2007
Disney2034-1.jpg

Disney2561.jpg

Disney2641.jpg

image1343-1-1.jpg

Disney2356.jpg

DSCN5943.jpg

DSCN5881.jpg

DSCN5833.jpg

DSCN5797.jpg

OK- That is probably too many, so if you would like to see the other pics from our 07 trip, please see my TR!

There are no words to express how I am feeling, reading about your loss. Just wanted to give some encouragement to write on...

I will be waiting to hear how Disney might help heal a broken heart.

Bee

Thank you!
I am single and do not have any children so I cannot possible understand the magnitude of your loss. When I read your post about your upcoming trip the first thing that came to mind was what an amazing, strong woman you must be. While as you say, your trip will be a bittersweet one, I hope the planning and the trip itself can bring some happiness to you and your family. You have encouraged me to do a pre-trip report. If you can do one for such an emotionally charged trip then I can do one too.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Bonnie

I don't wish losing a child on anyone, ever. It is a very painful thing! Thank you for being here!

I'm with Bonnie in that I currently don't have any children and cannot even begin to imagine what you've been through. My thoughts with you and your family and my hopes to you that you have a wonderful heart-healing (if only a fraction) trip together. :)

Thank you!

It breaks my heart to hear of your loss. My daughter lost her 12-year-old son 6 years ago, and I felt that I lost both a grandson and a daughter, just watching how she lost her zest for life. For the first time last year, she is finally moving on.

Although it will be very difficult returning to WDW without your son, for your daughter's sake, you are performing a selfless act returning to WDW. She doesn't need to feel guilty about enjoying life. So, your going to WDW is wonderful for all you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that you will have a wonderful time.

God Bless and enjoy your trip

iuki

pixiedust:

Wow. I can't even imagine being in your shoes.:worship: I have two boys myself-one 18 months and 1 3 yrs. DH is a fireifghter (inspector now) and I work for the district. I cannot explain to anyone how those people could even begin to do what they do for families in such a terrible time. I never want to even imagine what you're going through but if it helps a bit, those who were at the accident are grieving with you as well I'm sure. I wish you all the pixie dust in the world on your trip. I know what a mess I am when I'm there and can't imagine being there after such a loss. I'm sure there are lots of ways you can remember your son and share this trip with him. Can't wait to see how the rest of the planning goes along.

:hug: :hug: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hey Alicia.....I am in for the ride along with you.

You and your family are still in my prayers daily.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.

What are the dates you will be there?

It breaks my heart to hear of your loss. My daughter lost her 12-year-old son 6 years ago, and I felt that I lost both a grandson and a daughter, just watching how she lost her zest for life. For the first time last year, she is finally moving on.

Although it will be very difficult returning to WDW without your son, for your daughter's sake, you are performing a selfless act returning to WDW. She doesn't need to feel guilty about enjoying life. So, your going to WDW is wonderful for all you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers that you will have a wonderful time.

God Bless and enjoy your trip

iuki

Thank you. And I am terribly sorry for your loss.

pixiedust:

Wow. I can't even imagine being in your shoes.:worship: I have two boys myself-one 18 months and 1 3 yrs. DH is a fireifghter (inspector now) and I work for the district. I cannot explain to anyone how those people could even begin to do what they do for families in such a terrible time. I never want to even imagine what you're going through but if it helps a bit, those who were at the accident are grieving with you as well I'm sure. I wish you all the pixie dust in the world on your trip. I know what a mess I am when I'm there and can't imagine being there after such a loss. I'm sure there are lots of ways you can remember your son and share this trip with him. Can't wait to see how the rest of the planning goes along.

:hug: :hug: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Hold them tight and don't ever take one single moment for granted.

Hey Alicia.....I am in for the ride along with you.

You and your family are still in my prayers daily.

Can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.

What are the dates you will be there?

Hi Sarah! We still need all the prayers we can get, Thank you!

So as Sarah pointed out, you haven't been told any details! Silly me! LOL!

We will be checking into Pop Century on Aug. 30 and out on Sept. 6.
We plan to drive down, as we will be traveling with another family! There should be 6 of us, total.

OK, so I have so much information to share, I hardly know where to start! So how about some more pictures?

As I metioned in my first post, Levi's birthday was on Mother's Day, he would have been 2. Knowing that this was going to be a hard time for my family, and since Isabelle had a 3 day weekend, we drove over to St. Louis. We stayed at the hotel directly across from the arch, it was pretty cool, although the hotel is in need of repair here and there. We spent Saturday at the zoo and Mo. Botanical Gardens (I love this place!), Sunday we drove back and took a balloon bouquet to Levi, featuring Mickey, his favorite. We also found some super cute Mickey Birthday ribbons, he still has those out there. It was extremely windy and rainy on the 11th, so the balloons had to be taken down the next day, but it was so worth it! I didn't get to read him his birthday story, so I wanted to go back Monday to do that.
These are from Friday night:
At Dinner
SANY0037.jpg

A close look at the Arch
SANY0044.jpg

SANY0045.jpg

From our hotel window!
SANY0051.jpg

So here are some pics from Saturday:
First we went to the Turtle Park
SANY0053.jpg

SANY0054.jpg

SANY0058.jpg

SANY0059.jpg

Isabelle was super excited to see these new animatronic dinos at the zoo! T-Rex even intimidated her, which is saying quite a bit for my daughter!
SANY0068.jpg

SANY0070.jpg

SANY0065.jpg

SANY0072.jpg

It isn't Cindy's , but we can't have it all can we? LOL!
SANY0075.jpg

SANY0092.jpg

SANY0093.jpg

SANY0095.jpg

SANY0099.jpg

SANY0102.jpg

Overall, we had a good time, considering...

More coming up!

Then, later that week, we had a field trip to Louisville Zoo! Isabelle loves animals, so this suited her just fine! Unfortunately, most of the pictures are with other kids, so this is what I have. It was poring on and off and Isabelle insisted on wearing these tacky rubber boots.

SANY0140.jpg

SANY0136.jpg

SANY0133.jpg

What? More pictures you say? Well, I think I have some more I can share!

Here are some of Isabelle!
iphone009.jpg

SANY0002.jpg

SANY0026.jpg

SANY0032.jpg

SANY0030.jpg

So how about some plans?

We plan to arrive in WDW on Aug. 30.

10AM- Check-in and explore Pop (We are bringing newbies!)
11AM- Lunch- Pizza at Pop FC
12PM- Swim
1:30- Unpack, Shower, change, etc...(Crosses fingers that rooms are ready!)
3PM- Bus to DTD
5:45- Dinner- Raglan Road
8:30- Bus to Poly to watch Wishes from beach with Slightly Goofy and some other Dis Members
10:30- Monorail to Mk/ Bus to Pop and Bedtime!

So, you are wondering, I'm sure, who are these 3 other mysterious guests tagging along? Well they are a Dear Friend and her 2 children who are 6 and 2. They have never been on a family vacation, so this is BIG! Isabelle and the 6 yo were in the same class and the 2 yo is a mere five days older than Levi (which in some ways will be very hard). Once I talk to this friend, I will try to post more details!

OK, how about some more pictures? Because I just want to add them, here are some of my favorite pictures of Levi! I will try to put them in chronolgical order.

Fall/ Halloween 2006- Isn't he the CUTEST Pooh!!!???
RSCN4542.jpg

RSCN4539.jpg

DSCN4481-1.jpg

Thanksgiving 2006
RSCN4621.jpg

Copy4ofDSCN4615.jpg

Making Christmas Fudge- We called it a Chocky Spoon!
DSCN4673.jpg

DSCN4678.jpg

Christmas 2006- It is amazingly and dreadfully painful to go through a holiday w/o one of your children.
DSCN4753.jpg

DSCN4697.jpg

A "warm" January Park Day!
DSCN4679.jpg

DSCN4684.jpg

Goodness, I miss him so much...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter