• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8th Annual Christmas Thead

I started decorating! I have to wait until after DS's birthday to put my tree up but that doesn't mean I can't start with the other stuff!

I need to buy Christmas cards and stamps. My aunt gave me some baking supplies so I just need to finish off that shopping as well.

This is what I came up with for DS for gifts so far:
Darth Vader ornament (done)
Disney Infinity 3 for the Xbox
Madden game for Xbox
Classic cartoons DVD (we recently got rid of cable)
Jeans (if I can find some that fit him)
Flannels & T-shirts (this was his main wish)
Converse low tops-maybe
PJ pants
Nerf gun-maybe
Slippers
A science book of some sort

For his birthday he is receiving a couple of tshirts, track pants, sleep shorts, a green day CD, Fifa game for the Xbox, a memory book from Disney and a Disney gift card for our upcoming trip. His birthday is next week so whatever he adds to his list will be added to Christmas.

Not everything on my list will come from me. My mom is disabled and can't afford to give a lot of gifts so I usually give her some extras to wrap and put her name as the "from" on the tag. Thankfully he doesn't need a whole lot and understands it will be a tight Christmas. My uncle usually calls me 2 weeks before Christmas and tells me his budget for DS and asks me to pick up a gift for him and he pays me back Christmas Eve. If he does this again DS may end up with some new board games.

We have two charities at Christmas time, one through my work and one through my friend. DS always saves money to donate to toys for tots and then send the gifts to my friend as she is an organizer and has done wonderful work with them. I usually throw an extra few dollars his way and then I buy something as well. This year I think I will buy a stack of board games on Black Friday and donate to toys for tots and the charity at work. The wish I picked at work is a Sofia the first toy so I'm a little excited to buy that. I don't have very many little girls to shop for!

I need to figure out work gifts...ugh. I hate my employer right now so getting her a gift will suck. I am considering making both of my bosses coasters for their conference tables. Neither has bought any and they do need them. We have a ton of pictures from work functions so I thought that would be cheap and easy and keep me on their good side even though going into work is putting me in tears daily.

Gift cards and cookies for the rest of the family.

I am also hosting a wrapping and cocktails party mainly to help my sister but who doesn't love an excuse to drink with friends during the crazy busy holiday season?

I started decorating! I have to wait until after DS's birthday to put my tree up but that doesn't mean I can't start with the other stuff!

I need to buy Christmas cards and stamps. My aunt gave me some baking supplies so I just need to finish off that shopping as well.

This is what I came up with for DS for gifts so far:
Darth Vader ornament (done)
Disney Infinity 3 for the Xbox
Madden game for Xbox
Classic cartoons DVD (we recently got rid of cable)
Jeans (if I can find some that fit him)
Flannels & T-shirts (this was his main wish)
Converse low tops-maybe
PJ pants
Nerf gun-maybe
Slippers
A science book of some sort

For his birthday he is receiving a couple of tshirts, track pants, sleep shorts, a green day CD, Fifa game for the Xbox, a memory book from Disney and a Disney gift card for our upcoming trip. His birthday is next week so whatever he adds to his list will be added to Christmas.

Not everything on my list will come from me. My mom is disabled and can't afford to give a lot of gifts so I usually give her some extras to wrap and put her name as the "from" on the tag. Thankfully he doesn't need a whole lot and understands it will be a tight Christmas. My uncle usually calls me 2 weeks before Christmas and tells me his budget for DS and asks me to pick up a gift for him and he pays me back Christmas Eve. If he does this again DS may end up with some new board games.

We have two charities at Christmas time, one through my work and one through my friend. DS always saves money to donate to toys for tots and then send the gifts to my friend as she is an organizer and has done wonderful work with them. I usually throw an extra few dollars his way and then I buy something as well. This year I think I will buy a stack of board games on Black Friday and donate to toys for tots and the charity at work. The wish I picked at work is a Sofia the first toy so I'm a little excited to buy that. I don't have very many little girls to shop for!

I need to figure out work gifts...ugh. I hate my employer right now so getting her a gift will suck. I am considering making both of my bosses coasters for their conference tables. Neither has bought any and they do need them. We have a ton of pictures from work functions so I thought that would be cheap and easy and keep me on their good side even though going into work is putting me in tears daily.

Gift cards and cookies for the rest of the family.

I am also hosting a wrapping and cocktails party mainly to help my sister but who doesn't love an excuse to drink with friends during the crazy busy holiday season?

I'm jealous of everyone starting to decorate already!! I saw on Facebook tonight 2 people put their trees up today. I'm thinking Thursday I may get mine up. I have to go to Walmart tomorrow so I will be able to buy the Christmas lights and garland - had a pre lit tree for the past few years but went back to the un pre lit this year. Also ordered another gift tonight from bjs - they have the 4 pack of $15 iTunes gift cards for $50.99 which is a pretty good deal so I ordered them. One more gift off the list!

We stay low key at home with just our family of four. We sued to travel six hours to see family but it was So difficult, expensive and stressful we stopped. DH also used his vacation days on our recent WDW trip! Christmas Eve we stay in and watch a holiday movie with themed snacks or make a dinner out of appetizers. Christmas Day we have a big breakfast early (pre assembles egg casserole or French toast to bake while we do gifts) and last year we also made doughnuts which was fun. We usually just play and lounge. Sometimes I make a more formal dinner, but last year we stayed in pajamas! The year before we dressed up. I think this year will be more of a pajama day and night! I am also trying to get my gifts done soon, December is so busy at school and with Girl Scouts. We also celebrate hanukkah but that doesn't usually overlap. I am thrilled this year it's my inlaws turn to host. They don't do much, but it's less work for me. Because we just went to disney the kids know we aren't giving me many giftsm probably one each, but Santa still has to come!i ordered an attractions stas doll for my daughter and a stitch plush to be sent home from WDW, and I know we are buying them infinity 3.0 and the Star Wars and inside out packs. Not sure what Santa will bring? Maybe we will. By the infinity and he will bring the packs and figures. Would be easy stocking fillers!

43 days left!

I bought one gift last night while watching TV (I love online shopping). Amazon had the rock em sock em robots game 50% off. Also I ordered my parents' gifts from target.

I feel like I'm getting closer.

Everyone is moving right along! Wow only 43 days left!

I bought my son a Patrick (from Spongebob) blue tooth speaker. One more thing done:)

Is anyone else not getting notifications when someone posts?

Just got a Harry Potter adult coloring book for my mom, who is into the adult coloring book thing. She loves Harry Potter and it just came out so perfect! My mom just sent money for me to buy the kids presents from her so got DS a great ninjago set that he will flip for plus a book that comes with the green ninja. Got a small set to be from Santa so this worked out well. need to find a winter hat for each (they need it!) and scarf and then beyond a piece of candy or two, they are set. Oh and DD keeps lamenting that she REALLY wants drums for Christmas more than anything else. :sunny: Little does she know that's what she is getting! Hopefully she's not too sad that she'll have to provide the crash cymbal and hihat herself.

Just got a Harry Potter adult coloring book for my mom, who is into the adult coloring book thing. She loves Harry Potter and it just came out so perfect! My mom just sent money for me to buy the kids presents from her so got DS a great ninjago set that he will flip for plus a book that comes with the green ninja. Got a small set to be from Santa so this worked out well. need to find a winter hat for each (they need it!) and scarf and then beyond a piece of candy or two, they are set. Oh and DD keeps lamenting that she REALLY wants drums for Christmas more than anything else. :sunny: Little does she know that's what she is getting! Hopefully she's not too sad that she'll have to provide the crash cymbal and hihat herself.

Thank you for the HP coloring book idea! This would be perfect for my friend at work.

I saw those adult coloring books on hsn - not Harry potter and my mom mentioned she would use them. Not sure if she will or not but I ordered a set for Christmas.

I have my Christmas tree up!! Yay!! It's a brand new one I ordered off amazon back in July and I love it! Also bought a few more gifts - razors for my dads stocking, some t-shirts, bought my mom the floor lamp she wanted. I believe I only have a couple more orders of actual items left and the rest will be gift cards! I love shopping for gifts!! The hard part is me actually giving ideas of gifts because I really don't want anything.

How is everyone doing with their shopping? I think I'm half way done. On Friday I went the mall and found a deal at the build a bear store for two items ds wanted. They have a deal for $29.95 that includes the star wars bear and a star wars outfit for the bear. The savings were $14 and I had a gift card to use. Then I got a great deal on a necklace that said "I Love you to the Moon and Back" for dd13. Originally $50, I spent $16. I used to read her that book when she was a little kid. No luck with dd9 though. We just celebrated her birthday last week and she got so much stuff! A ton of AG (or knock off AG) stuff. So I don't want to buy any of that. It's all sitting in a corner unopened right now.

What are you getting your 9 year old girls? She gets so many hand me downs from her older sister she really doesn't want anything.

How is everyone doing with their shopping? I think I'm half way done. On Friday I went the mall and found a deal at the build a bear store for two items ds wanted. They have a deal for $29.95 that includes the star wars bear and a star wars outfit for the bear. The savings were $14 and I had a gift card to use. Then I got a great deal on a necklace that said "I Love you to the Moon and Back" for dd13. Originally $50, I spent $16. I used to read her that book when she was a little kid. No luck with dd9 though. We just celebrated her birthday last week and she got so much stuff! A ton of AG (or knock off AG) stuff. So I don't want to buy any of that. It's all sitting in a corner unopened right now.

What are you getting your 9 year old girls? She gets so many hand me downs from her older sister she really doesn't want anything.

You got some really great deals!! I only have a few more items to order and the rest will be gift cards and I am done. I have the tree up, the house decorated and started wrapping the presents!

I got a few more items taken care of:

Millenium Falcon Drone Best price I could fine Was $89

For DH: a Scrub Daddy Sponge (it's a joke. For $3.50 it's pretty funny:), stylus and refill toppers.
For a Christmas Party I'm going to I have to bring a new gift along with a white elephant and I had a $15 off $15 at Yankee Candle and got the $35 value with purchase bag free.
I picked up some toys for the dog on Amazon.

I need stocking stuffers for the boys and some video games@@
I'm hoping to get the iWatch for DH if I can get it on BF...depending on the price.
Still need my Mom's gift.

I still have much further than I thought.

Wow, those are some great deals! You knocked a good chunk out. For the 9YO, my DD is 8 and emoji pillows, squishable s'more pillow, books like Dork Diaries, iTunes GC for music, movies including older ones like Princess Diaries, gumball machine with gumballs, posters for her room (Harry Potter, Minion, Gravity Falls), and a drum kit are all on her list.

good, I am looking for star wars stuff for the family. Hopefully see some interesting things.

Air Hog millennium falcon looks cool -- small but cool and Wal-mart seems to have the best price. Toys R Us has a R2D2 timer and ThinkGeek has a death star waffle maker. Lots of lego sets including a Star Wars lego advent calendar -- best bet is to check local toy stores and grab it when it comes in. Tons of clothes out right now.

I just mailed my first Christmas box! I had to get out my nephew's birthday present and so rushed to wrap the little things I had for SIL and BIL (mostly edibles like a bag of coffee and tube of seasoning salt). I have 3 more boxes to go and am about ready to wrap the contents of two others. Still have to do the homemade items for each and hoping that won't take long. And a few things left to get but not much. So far, still on track to be done with everything by Thanksgiving weekend so it all gets shipped out and I can spend December doing other fun things like baking.

We go to our neighbor's on Christmas Eve to eat a bit and hang, and then back to our house to watch a movie. Every year I try to pick up a Christmas movie from the year before, so it is probably new to us. Last year we watched Arthur Christmas, so I guess we are a bit behind. Anyway, I'm looking for ideas for the movie. We are adults and a 17 yr. old, so it doesn't have to be a children's movie, but also can't be too raunchy since we are three generations watching together and don't want to embarrass anyone. :rolleyes1 You can guess it is the 17 yr. old who is most embarrassed. Anyway, I would love to hear ideas!

Just getting seriously started on the shopping lists. I warned DH Black Friday week is coming so I will be online shopping as much as possible. I much prefer to do it with a cup of hot tea in a comfy spot :flower:

TIA!
Maria :upsidedow

Oh man, did I kill the thread?!

Sorry: Maria :upsidedow

Yes, yes you did. I personally received an email informing me of the untimely death of the thread. Services will be held on Saturday.
:rotfl2:
Lol, the thread sure is quiet this year.

I'm all done with my daughters. That means I NEED to stop browsing!! Ok, maybe I will buy them each a pair of gloves, but that's it!
Had another person added yesterday :crazy2: DFiance's very good friend. She already bought me and the baby something, and has plans to buy for the girls and fiance, so have to figure out what to get her.
2 Nephews taken care of, remote controlled cars all around. Another one is getting a card that gets him online for the year on one of his game systems (as you can see I have a lot of details lol)
Have a 9 year old niece to figure out. Should be easy, I have a DD9, but they are very different. DD is bookish, has a million hand-me-downs, a stocked playroom, lives in a suburban area, and is still into dolls and the like. DN9 is also a smart girl, but she only has an older brother, lives in a city (so outdoor space is more limited), is concerned with her appearance, watches music videos, etc. She will be over for Thanksgiving (spending the night with us, she needs girls in her life lol), so I'm hoping I can squeeze some ideas out of her. I'm considering getting her a bluetooth speaker for her iphone, but I'll have to see if she wants/has that.
DFiance wants tools, we're buying a house (any day now!) and he has been building like crazy! Dog beds, cat beds, going to make a doll bed for DD9. It's nice discovering how handy he is, but now he needs the right tools for the jobs. So I'm figuring out what should come first, then I'll start looking for deals.

Almost time for me to start wrapping! With this huge 32 week belly in my way, it's going to take some extra time, so I might start this weekend.

It has been quieter than usual this year. I don't feel my usual intensity to get it all done by Thanksgiving this year. It will get done, eventually :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter