8am BOG Adr?

Duck143

DIS Veteran
I just scored an adr for 8am on a day the park opens at 8am. Is it worth going? I do really want to eat in the castle! Will we get let into MK early enough to beat a ton of the crowd down main st?

I just scored an adr for 8am on a day the park opens at 8am. Is it worth going? I do really want to eat in the castle! Will we get let into MK early enough to beat a ton of the crowd down main st?
Yes, you will...
Get to the far left turnstyle at MK by 7:30 am on your appointed day, and you will be allowed in to go to your ADR. You could even try earlier, they have a list of all the pre park opening ADRs and I've never seen them hold anyone from entering for a 15 minute difference.

I think it is worth keeping if you are not worried about the first hour of park time. PErsoanlly, if the park opened at 8 AM, and I was interested in attractions, I woudl skip BOG at 8 and truly for a later breakfast or an early lunch.

In my eyes, this is the best way to beat the rope drop crowds to the most popular rides, such as 7DMT, as well as get to experience MK without the normal crowds. It's really an awesome experience. Even without pre-ordering, we were in and out in 25-30 minutes max, and still had time to walk around, take pictures, and ride 7DMT several times before the park even opened. If you take advantage of the pre-order option, I can imagine it being even slightly less.

Awesome!! I've been trying for 6 months to get any adr at BOG. I was super psyched when I saw 8am open! it would be better if the park opened at 9am, but can't get everything, right?

I did this in January and there was no benefit as far as getting in earlier than the rope drop crowd, because they let everyone in at 7:45 that morning, which often happens on an 8am opening. However, if your main reason for getting this ADR is to enjoy breakfast and the Beast's castle, then of course it is worth it.

In my eyes, this is the best way to beat the rope drop crowds to the most popular rides, such as 7DMT, as well as get to experience MK without the normal crowds. It's really an awesome experience. Even without pre-ordering, we were in and out in 25-30 minutes max, and still had time to walk around, take pictures, and ride 7DMT several times before the park even opened. If you take advantage of the pre-order option, I can imagine it being even slightly less.
This great strategy won't work though, because the OP mentioned the park opens at 8am that morning, and his ADR is also 8.

Can my 2 year old just eat the fruit pastries that come with what I order? He's so fussy, I would hate to order $14 breakfast for him just to say he doesn't want it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter