• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

8 Nights at Cypress Pointe Resort

meta

Mouseketeer
We spent 8 nights at Phase 1 and booked thru Hotel Kingdom. Beforehand, I called and e-mailed the resort with requests for an upper floor, a unit whereby the carpeting had been just cleaned and a good view. We got just that. The unit was immaculate and well stocked. We knew beforehand about the inventory sheet that had to be filled out and while I unpacked, my husband filled it out. I must warn you, it is quite intensive. We noticed the unit wasn't cooling down and called the front desk about it. Someone came to fix it right away. It turned out to be the filter. Anytime a request was made, it was handled immediately.

During the week, we paid to have the unit cleaned. The charge was $60 for our 2 bedroom. They did a great job and restocked all the towels and supplies.

There is a lot of discussion about the 2nd bedroom. My son, for whatever reason, decided he rather pull out the trundle and sleep on that. With it pulled out, there really was no room to walk around. For 2 kids to sleep in there, it would be tight. Since we only have 1, it was no big deal.

Overall, I would rate Cypress Pointe as very good. My only real complaint is the pillows. They are the worst I have ever slept on, hard and flat. I requested new pillows and they were promptly delivered. The new ones were not flat, but still hard.

I wouldn't hesitate to return to Cypress Pointe, especially for a rate of $99/night for a 2 bedroom.

Thanks for the info. Glad you had a great time. Sounds like a wonderful resort.

Can you please tell me if the swimming pools were nicely heated?

I just went to the pool by phase 1 and it was heated to a good temperature, not too hot and not too cold.

I've stayed there about 6 times and never bothered with the inventory sheet and nothing was said about it. Just an fyi.

We spent 8 nights at Phase 1 and booked thru Hotel Kingdom. Beforehand, I called and e-mailed the resort with requests for an upper floor, a unit whereby the carpeting had been just cleaned and a good view. We got just that.

Hi thanks for the great review! how long before your trip did you call them? Did they have your name on the reservation? I've booked with Hotelkingdom for April and it says:
NOTE: Resort’s computers at front desk will not show your reservation until day of arrival
so was wondering how to make special requests. :confused3

Also does anyone know if it's possible to ask to change to phase II, as I have booked phase I but since we're 2 adults/2 kids I've been getting concerned about the 2nd BR situation, so feel phase II might be better.
Would I have to go through Hotelkingdom (and presumably pay $20 change fee) or would CP be able to handle it themselves, even at check-in? :confused:

Hi thanks for the great review! how long before your trip did you call them? Did they have your name on the reservation? I've booked with Hotelkingdom for April and it says:
NOTE: Resort’s computers at front desk will not show your reservation until day of arrival
so was wondering how to make special requests. :confused3

Also does anyone know if it's possible to ask to change to phase II, as I have booked phase I but since we're 2 adults/2 kids I've been getting concerned about the 2nd BR situation, so feel phase II might be better.
Would I have to go through Hotelkingdom (and presumably pay $20 change fee) or would CP be able to handle it themselves, even at check-in? :confused:

We are going in June and booked through alpharooms and they tell me the same thing--that reservation will not show until a few days before arrival. I too would like to know the answer to the question about how to make special requests when they don't have the reservation yet? Hopefully someone can answer that? For us! :)

I called and e-mailed the resort directly. I would call both Hotel Kingdom and the resort and ask about switching from phase 1 to 2.

From talking to people at the resort, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

We just got back a few weeks ago and absolutely loved the resort. In fact, we loved it so much that we're going back in a few months with some friends and getting the whole 3 bedroom this time. It was truly beautiful!!

I'm glad you both enjoyed your stays so much! I can't wait for our trip in June! We will be there for 9 nights...then heading to the gulf coast for a week! CAN'T WAIT!!

Does anyone know how much internet access costs at CP?

Thanks for the advice. :)
I have another question for those who have stayed at CP recently.
Looking at the CP website, it shows in the 'What's New' section here that there's some construction going on.
Can anybody tell me if that's causing a problem at all? I wouldn't want to spend a week at a construction site :scared1:

Does anyone know how much internet access costs at CP?

I read somewhere that it was $35, but can't find where now, sorry!
I'm a bit nervous about taking my laptop though, as I read on here the safes weren't big enough to put one in.

I was at Cypress Pointe just 3 weeks ago. We stayed in the Grand Villas section. Internet access is $19.95 for a week. However, if you are staying in phase 1 I believe it is wifi now and there is no charge.

We are a family of 7 with kids ages 15, 14, and 9 year old triplets. We are considering getting a 3 bedroom villa in August. But now I'm confused about Phase 1 and Phase 11. We are going to spend 3 days just relaxing by the pool before moving into POP Century for a week in Disney. My kids will want the volcano pool and mini golf. Which Phase? Please help. Also, I've never made ressies through an online service as it kind of scares me that when I show up they won't have my reservations or room for me. Am I being silly? Hotel Kingdom has a really great rate.

The volcano pool is at CPR, but honestly, it's a short walk from CPGV. I know that there's mini golf at CPGV, but I don't know if they have it at CPR or not.

The units at CPGV are larger, and the buildings front the two pools, mini golf, activity building, etc. at CPGV. We had pool frontage and ground floor (just as a note, CPGV does have elevators, but CPR does not).

It doesn't matter which phase you stay in. You can use either pool and anything either resort offers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter