8 Days of Gluttony - Reviews 6/10-6/17

Emily & Sarah's Mom

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a great trip with DH, DD (9), and DD (4). We were on the dining plan and ate until it hurt. Overall, we had a wonderful time and would not hesitate to use DDP again. Here are our thoughts:

June 10th
Lunch – POR Foodcourt – I had the chicken quesadilla, DH had the double cheeseburger, and the girls had chicken nuggets. Desserts included a brownie, carrot cake, krispie treat, and a cookie. The food was nothing special and the service was rather slow.

Dinner – Garden Grill – The food was quite tasty, particularly the flank steak and the turkey. The girls enjoyed decorating cupcakes for dessert. The character interaction was good and we enjoyed the views of The Land which we had visited that afternoon. Our server was quick, but was a bit snippy. I had used the plates for the salad and she asked “what part of use the bowls didn’t you understand.”

June 11th
Lunch – Cinderella’s Royal Table – We were pleased to have a table by the windows. DH and I had the Major Domo’s pie and DDs had the pretzel dogs. We enjoyed the pies, but there were mixed reviews on the pretzel dogs. The service was excellent and the girls enjoyed the characters (Snow White, Wendy, Fairy Godmother, Cinderella, Belle).

Dinner – Cosmic Ray’s – DH and I had the chicken/rib combo, DDs had the nuggets. We also had 3 brownies and a carrot cake. Everything was tasty and the cheesiness of the show was a favorite of the kids.

June 12th
Lunch – Flatbread Grill – Some of the best CS meals we had. DH and I had the pulled pork sandwich and DDs had drumsticks and rice. Two chocolate cakes and 2 panna cottas (wonderful).

Dinner – Hollywood & Vine – After reading the reviews of H&V lately, I tried to change this ADR. No other TS was available, so I kept the reservation and was very stressed. All of the worry was for nothing. The service was extremely attentive, the restaurant was clean, and the food was delicious. The meatballs and flank steak were particular favorites. The key lime tarts were a terrific ending to the dinner.

June 13th
Lunch – Pinnochio Village Haus – This was the other best CS meal we enjoyed. DH had the pizza and salad, I had the turkey pannini, DDs had chicken fingers and mac and cheese. Dessert was chocolate cakes, cannoli, and a rice krispie treat. Even though the restaurant was crowded, the service was quick. It was fun overlooking the Small World loading zone.

Dinner – Crystal Palace – We had to wait about 10 minutes for our ADR which was the longest wait for any restaurant (or attraction for that matter) that we had all week. The buffet had a nice variety and everything was very flavorful. We were all so stuffed from the eating that we didn’t enjoy the buffet to its fullest. We met all of the characters except for Pooh himself. He came by while the girls were in line. We missed him by one table and his handler said that he could not come back.

June 14th
Lunch – Tusker House – DH had the chicken sandwich, I had the rotisserie chicken, and the girls had drumsticks. We also ate three chocolate cakes and a cheesecake. DDs and DH agreed that the chocolate cake here was by far the best they had all week. The service was quick in spite of the crowd. It seems that many people don’t check for the shortest line and just stop as soon as they come in the door. The lines to the left were MUCH shorter.

Dinner – Liberty Inn – Animal Kingdom was much more crowded than anticipated, so we hopped over to Epcot. We ended up in America at dinner time, so we gave the Liberty Inn a try. DH had a burger, DDs had nuggets, and I had the turkey bagel. Desserts included apple cobbler, s’mores, and strawberry shortcake. This was a step above a regular burger place and there was no crowd whatsoever.

June 15th
Lunch – Tusker House (again) – Everything was identical to lunch the previous day.

Dinner – Whispering Canyon – I was somewhat concerned that the fun had stopped after reading some posts last week. WCC was great! The girls loved the pony races and ketchup antics. We were the first seating for the evening, but everyone was in great spirits. My only regret was that I could not finish my chocolate kaluha cake. Three of us had the skillet and loved the ribs best of all. The littlest DD had a hot dog with LOTS of ketchup. The bottomless milkshakes were fantastic. Diamond Lil was our server and was great.

June 16th
Lunch – Le Cellier – This lunch tied with WCC as our best meal of the week. DD had the tenderloin kebob for his appetizer and I had the cheese plate. The cheese was outstanding, particularly the maytag bleu on zucchini bread. The girls both had the cheese soup. DD and I had the filet and the DDs had steak. Everything was delicious. I had maple crème brule and DH had the whiskey cake. The girls had chocolate moose/mousse and s’mores. Our server was a bit on the slow side, but the food was great.

Dinner – POFQ Food Court – More nuggets and pizza. Slow and nothing too exciting.

June 17th
Lunch - Pinnochio Village Haus – A repeat of lunch on the 13th.

Let me know if you have any questions or need additional info.

Enjoyed your reviews. We too enjoyed H & V when we were there in May. It is not gourmet cuisine, but it is a dang good buffet.

I am so happy to hear the good review of H&V. I have that on our list and was a little worried with all the bad reviews. I wasn't planning on changing it, so at least I feel better now, thanks. :thumbsup2

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

we're booked for the fantasmic package and I am a little worried. Glad you enjoyed it! We're going to Sci-Fi for lunch so I figure we might not be too hungry anyway. Not looking for gourmet, just good plain food.

Jeepers! I'm curious, what was with the server at Garden Grill? Who cares if you used plates or bowls? Doesn't it ALL get thrown in the dishwasher? :confused3 We have ADR's there in Sept and boy I hope I don't get her!! :sad2:

And Wendy is now considered a princess? I have ADR's for CRT too and was thinking it was the "usual" princesses.

Also I'm surprised Pooh "could not come back". When we were at CP last year our server asked if we had seen everyone, we hadn't seen one of them (either Tigger or Piglet, I can't remember which) and he went and got them.

Anyway, interesting reading, thanks! :sunny:

Pls tell me you asked to see the server who was rude at Garden Grill manager..I think I would have given her an earful and then asked for her manager..How rude!!!

Thanks for your reviews-the waitress at GG was way out line-I'm sure the manager would've wanted to know how rude she was to you.

Thanks for your wonderful review, I'm practically drooling on my keyboard after reading it! ::yes::

I agree with other posters about your GG server, I can't believe the cheek of that woman! What difference did it make to her whether you used plates or bowls for your salad? Sheesh!

Great Reviews! :thumbsup2 I also can't believe the server at GG - I wouldn't have been very happy!! :furious:

Happy to hear you enjoyed Cosmic Ray's, Flatbread Grill & Pinocchio's - we're trying all 3 in September!! :)

Thanks for the reviews! We have a lunch ADR at LeCellier in August and you are the first one I've seen review it. Glad to hear it was good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter