8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
good morning everyone! today is my friday!! i now only have 5 working days til the TOAL!!!!:cool1:

SHUT UP!!!!! I :love: BON JOVI!!!! You're sooooo lucky!
me too!!!! he seems to get even better with age!!!

Welcome back. Quite a few of us were discussing Verizon earlier in the week. You can dial *611 and get a Verizon rep. Tell them you are going on a cruise and wish to activate international roaming. Then, they'll confirm the international service and inform you to dial *228 option 2 to update your phone's programming.

On the ship, the cost is $2.49/minute. In Mexico, $0.99/minute, In Aruba & Bahamas, $1.99/minute. They do not list Panama or Colombia as available countries.

To cut costs, you may accept incoming text messages for five cents in any of those locations or send text messages for 50 cents each.

http://b2b.vzw.com/international/Roaming/rates_coverage.html

thanks for posting this. i missed all the info, and i really wasn't sure what i was supposed to say when calling!

Doing the single digit dance. :dance3: I leave next Saturday for Buffalo, then head down to LA on Sunday. I can't believe the trip is almost here. I am no where near where I should be in preparation yet. My mom is still in the hospital. She should be coming home soon, then she has to wait for the infection in her pancreas/liver (not really sure where it is) to clear up before she can have the operation. They figure she will have the operation in 4 weeks. Where will I be? Probably on the Atlantic Ocean. I will be checking my email that day for sure.

Sounds like you have had some distractions. Congrats on being so close to leaving. :thumbsup2

Haven't been on the thread in months. Weren't sure my dad would be well enough to make the trip. He's so looking forward that now we're sure he'll be ready for the trip.

Famous meets... from long ago threads.....
My husband's first cousin is Richard Dreyfuss. I've met him on several occassions.
My daughter went to school with Miley Cyrus' little sister. This was in La Canada. Now they have a house in Burbank I hear.

Can't wait to get aboard.

Still trying to figure out the cell phone situation at Verizon. Went to the store last night and was told by one of those "young men", you really can't use your phone unless you want to pay about $5.00/min. YIKES!:confused3

I'm glad to hear that your Dad is feeling well enough to go on the cruise!

Doing the single digit dance. :dance3: I leave next Saturday for Buffalo, then head down to LA on Sunday. I can't believe the trip is almost here. I am no where near where I should be in preparation yet. My mom is still in the hospital. She should be coming home soon, then she has to wait for the infection in her pancreas/liver (not really sure where it is) to clear up before she can have the operation. They figure she will have the operation in 4 weeks. Where will I be? Probably on the Atlantic Ocean. I will be checking my email that day for sure.

We'll continue to keep your Mom in our thoughts and prayers that all goes well.

Happy Birthday BIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4tierbirthdaycakewithpinkandbluesug.jpg
[/IMG]

Happy Birthday BIP!

ShelleysSurprise_Bash_082.jpg

(Since you're not concerned with age, Happy 21st Birthday again!)​

Sorry........I got my windows for the thread mixed up and posted over on the new one too!! I can blame it on my age now!!!:lmao: :lmao:

Brushes with famous people....

I am sure there is some thing else.....

I'm such a dork!!! One of 17dd's friends (and her mom is a friend of mine!!!) moved out to LA last year (she graduated early) and has been in several movies and stuff. In fact she played the student body president in the *Made for Lifetime Movie* back in January (Queen Sized)!! She had a pretty good role!! The lead was Nikki Blonsky.

My friend had told me how tiny all the actors are in Hollywood (height & weight) but, we didn't realize how small until we saw Ryan next to those people! LOL! Ryan is a tiny girl and she was taller then many of the other actors! LOL!

We also know a couple of actresses on the Disney Channel. One of the girls on The Wizards of Waverly Place attended the same children's theater programs as my kids.
And we've known tons of the kids on Barney -- the show/movies and the touring company.

10ds was in a play last tsummer (The Miracle Worker -- he played Jimmy Sullivan, it's usually a voice over) with a woman that had been on a Soap (I can't remember which one...)
And 10ds will tell you that he will be famous one day!!!! ;)
MWWeb2-7.jpg.jpg

Not next Thursday but the one after we can say "we are going tomorrow!" - woohoo!

Only 11 more work days to go.

One more pay day.

I could go on ... :rotfl:

Bit of a shock this week, Mum went for a general health check and as part of the routine they did an ECG - anyway, it turns out unknown to her, that she has had a heart attack. Not surprising with the death of her sister a few weeks back and the stress that would have put on her. Probably also explains why her blood pressure is a little high.

She's seeing the cardiologist tomorrow but as it was only found while doing a routine check and has had zero symptoms so her doctor isn't very concerned. More of a fluke that its been noticed. There is little she can probably do to change her lifestyle - she is active, a little but not a lot overweight and eats fairly healthily, doesn't smoke and doesn't drink.

I think she'll probably avoid telling the doctor and cardiologist about the thrill rides at Disney following the cruise - just try to stop her doing Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain... I'm certainly not brave enough to try.

Tell her to be careful!! I had first of 2 stents put in at age 44. I had one artery that was 80% blocked. They found it during a stress test.

Bit of a shock this week, Mum went for a general health check and as part of the routine they did an ECG - anyway, it turns out unknown to her, that she has had a heart attack. Not surprising with the death of her sister a few weeks back and the stress that would have put on her. Probably also explains why her blood pressure is a little high.

She's seeing the cardiologist tomorrow but as it was only found while doing a routine check and has had zero symptoms so her doctor isn't very concerned. More of a fluke that its been noticed. There is little she can probably do to change her lifestyle - she is active, a little but not a lot overweight and eats fairly healthily, doesn't smoke and doesn't drink.

I think she'll probably avoid telling the doctor and cardiologist about the thrill rides at Disney following the cruise - just try to stop her doing Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain... I'm certainly not brave enough to try.

The good news is that the attack was a mild one since she was not even aware of it. There is no way to tell when it actually happened. :grouphug:

and just checking to make sure- is most everyone else taking clothes for about half the time of their vacation and washing clothes and rewearing stuff again? Just checking. I can't imagine packing enough for all 5 of us for 21 days... i was planning on packing enough day clothes for about a week- wearing those to DL the week before the cruise, wash those before going on the cruise, and rewearing those on the cruise- and then same with dinner/dressier clothes... and halfway thru the cruise washing everything and wearing it all over again.
So are most people planning on doing wash atleast once and/or wearing things more than once? Or will we be the only freaks wearing the same clothes again the 2nd week of the cruise, the 2nd semi-formal, the 2nd formal, etc.? I hope not! :scared1: :rotfl:

I am packing enough day outfits for us for the cruise so that I do not need to wash those. The only things that I probably will end up washing are jean shorts and the guy's khakis for dinner. I am packing dinner dresses for DD and I for the cruise too. It's a picture thing for me. :) It is easier for me to tell which pictures were taken which day when scrapping if we are not wearing the same thing multiple days. I might do a load of laundry at the hotel on the 16th after we are settled in for the night. I doubt that anyone is going to track what anyone else wears though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter