7DMT at EMH

starjazz

DIS Veteran
Is it still nutso? Even during EMH?

We have an early afternoon FP for it, but I'm wondering if we're better off just hitting it during EMH and using the FP on something else.

Yes.
Nuts.

Still.

Until they add something newer, it's the king.

I am going a day with morning EMH and hope to head that way and be the first ride we do. In my experience with other popular rides like Toy Story (we have not done the 7D since when we went last year my kids didn't want to ride ...ugh ) is that we can ride it and have no wait or very little .... I also have a FP for later that day but hope to get that section done in the morning :)

I can't comment on morning EMH as we've never done one at MK, but we rode 7DMT during evening EMH this summer. We got in line at 1:20 a.m. and had about a 25 minute wait. We had ridden it several times using FP on that trip as well as 2 previous trips but we wanted to see the standby queue. I'm glad we rode it standby once, but I won't waste my time doing it again. We could have ridden several other rides during that time (we rode Space Mtn, Tomorrowland Speedway, and Buzz Lightyear (3X) in the 40 minutes prior to getting in line for 7DMT). We'll stick to only riding it with FP in the future. *IF* I was going to ride it during evening EMH, I'd save it for last and get in line about 20 minutes before closing time. When we got off at about 1:50 a.m. the queue had already been closed (roped off with a sign indicating it was closed) and a CM was standing there turning people away.

We did it during Wishes last year, and it was sweet - maybe a 10 minute wait is all. This year, we'll probably want to watch Wishes since we're only doing one MK day, so I'm trying to fit it in where I can. But I won't waste half of EMH on it, so we may just head straight for PP and keep 7DMT as our FP ride only, and maybe a last ride of the night as well.

It was a 30 minute wait last Friday about 2 minutes after the park opened. The masses ran to it when they dropped the rope.

You can find shorter waits during evening EMH. Our longest wait was 20 minutes during opening week in 2014. We've also found a 10 minute wait right after Wishes in mid summer.

On non-EMH nights, we'll wait until the last half hour of operation for a couple of quick rides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter