• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7 flights, 6 hotels, 1 cruise ship and a major stuff up...brace yourself UPDATE!

:offtopic:so, I chase FF points thru my credit card, and after my epic spend in the last month have been waiting for my points to post...NOPE!!!! cause I went over my 50,000 cap for this year..so i am out around 8000 + points which translates to around 4000 velocity points or 50 ANZ points...furious I am:furious:

damn you Com bank and your crappy awards card.......:headache:

I'm off to look for a new card......I'll take my money elsewhere:surfweb:

rant))))))))))))))done for now...today was not a good day to give up nude dumpster diving

We've taken two cards one each. Same total limit but over two separate accounts. Both accumulating points and no danger of limits:rotfl: Whatever it takes to chase those lovely FF points.

You know, I hate that when I get it said to me :mad: The DL/DCL trip was the biggest and most expensive we've ever done (we usually camp in the middle of nowhere). It took me almost a year of non-stop saving plus cutting back on other things to achieve it. We don't smoke or gamble. I don't drink and DH buys a carton of beer every couple of weeks, we hardly eat out etc, yet all I hear is "you're rich". I'm sick of prefacing everything I say about our holiday (plus the next one) with "we're saving really hard...". I think it's all about making choices and if people don't like it then they should shut up.

Ok. Rant over popcorn:: Back to reading.

Well said! :thumbsup2

:offtopic:so, I chase FF points thru my credit card, and after my epic spend in the last month have been waiting for my points to post...NOPE!!!! cause I went over my 50,000 cap for this year..so i am out around 8000 + points which translates to around 4000 velocity points or 50 ANZ points...furious I am:furious:

rant))))))))))))))done for now...today was not a good day to give up nude dumpster diving

Holy carp, Karen that stinks! :headache: Lousy bu@@ers...

Definitely sounds like you need a new card, or maybe just an extra one?? .

We have three, 2 for the expenses of DH's and my businesses , and another one for personal expenses and they all contribute to our FF points. By splitting expenses across 3 cards we've never hit a cap. ( I'm not 100% sure if we have a cap, but I'm guessing we probably do??)

Andona

australiankaren said:

Wow that bites. I didnt even know there was a cap :scared:

Off to research my card terms and conditions in more depth :badpc:

Moving right along :laughing:

We checked out of Bonnet Creek on the Saturday morning, and headed back to the outlets before we headed out of Orlando.
I wanted to stop at the Coach store and grab another clutch purse, DH was fine with that :lmao:

Anyway, we're heading toward the freeway, DS has no idea where we're going.
The I'm like "umm I forgot something"
DH looks at me like i'm nuts "What did you forget?"
There was some stuff in the wardrobe in the hotel, and it's still there :eek:
DH again looks at me like i'm an idiot, ok, I am an idiot.
He turns the car around and I ring them and ask them to check the wardrobe (closet to USA lurkers :laughing:) yep, we have a pair of pajama's, a pair of sneakers and a swimsuit.
Yup, thats mine.
So we head back to the hotel and i'm waiting in the foyer for my stuff, and I can see DH in the valet area out the front looking at me and shaking his head thinking "what an idiot" :laughing:

Anyway, back in the car, and heading toward our new destination, DS in the back "Where are we going? Are we going to Disneyworld today"
"Sort of".

We have 100 miles to keep the cat in the bag, and DS can read so we have to be careful.
Driving, going through toll booths (and no, sometimes even if you put the right money in it'll still ask for more so have spares).
We're getting closer and seeing some of this
IMG_6470.jpg
and more of this
IMG_6472.jpg

DS piping up in the back "are we going to the beach?"

Then I spotted this one, thankfully DS didn't :)
IMG_6473.jpg

Then this one, you can't miss it!
IMG_6474.jpg

I pointed it out to DS "Whats that one?"
"Thats a Mickey boat"
"Would you like to go on it"
"Umm yeah"

:laughing:

He still didn't cotton on :laughing:

Oh yeah, forgot this was a tr thread!

How exciting for your DS! Those ships sure are impressive!

so how did he react.....??? what did you say??? ..... did you leave any items in the hire car?????...did the hire car people return your items????...

so in the mean time, we are all just going to talk about my crappy bugger credit card and FF point caps.....

looking at new cards this week....how dare they rob me, yes rob me I say of my hard earned with DH's money... points...

b00bs:rolleyes1

just seeing if they have slipped a moderator in when we were all out of the country:rotfl2:

Hi everybody, thought i'd continue on with our TR :goodvibes

We're planning another trip, the Disney depression has eased as little :laughing:

So, DS didn't know we were going on the Fantasy, there we are driving down the road and see it and now he tells me this is when he knew..

There were no cheers, no whoops, nothing.
Just "oh, ok, we're going on the Fantasy" :rolleyes1

We dropped the car off at the Enterprise car rental place and got the shuttle to the terminal, had a great shuttle driver who could have been a tour guide himself.
He had a great old time telling us about Disney cruises and how we could relax from here on in because we were now on vacation.

Little did we know he was so right :cloud9:

We had our bags taken from us at the bus and didn't see them again until our stateroom.
It took a little while to go through the security checkpoint at the terminal, I vividly remember a lady with a massive Dooney & Bourke in the queue in front of us and DH pointing at it and saying "oh, nice bag", my reply "thats about $300 worth of nice bag right there" and he said "Not that nice" :rotfl:

We checked into the ship, (seamless process) and moved across the terminal to where we checked DS into the kids clubs, also seamless, alot of families there of course but all very organized.

Then came time to board :hyper: with the boarding photo (i'm not showing :scared1:)
Then onto the ship!!
No streamers for us :laughing: but a golf clap from the crew and we were on our way.

We made our way to our stateroom 8592 and were greeted by a package on the bed
IMG_1671.jpg

compliments of Dreams Unlimited
This was what we could see from our stateroom
IMG_1678.jpg

Those Disney touches :love:
We were very happy with our stateroom, with an upgrade to the larger :hyper:
We headed to Cabana's for lunch, I thought the selections were fantastic, if you couldn't find anything that you liked to eat you weren't trying hard enough.
We also indulged in a "Drink of the day", $5 and I can't remember what this one was but it tasted good :laughing:
IMG_1676.jpg

Pretty sure for lunch I had prawns, prawns, crab and prawns :laughing:

We had packed our bathers (togs, swimmers, bathing suits) in our carry on so that we could swim even if our bags hadn't been delivered to our stateroom.
We went back and DS changed
IMG_1680.jpg

and we were dying to try out the Aquaduck!
So we did!
IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1686.jpg

Thats DS and I up there!

Loved the Aquaduck and rode it many times :thumbsup2

Fantasy hour #3, we already loved it :love:

The reveal was a bit of an anticlimax, but the cruise beginning definately wasn't :)

Another update, with drinks! :thumbsup2

So DS wasn't remotely even excited about going on the cruise? What a shame. :(
Aquaduck looks great.

Another update, with drinks! :thumbsup2

So DS wasn't remotely even excited about going on the cruise? What a shame. :(
Aquaduck looks great.

No real fanfare or anything, just "oh, yay, we're going on a cruise" :crazy2:
A bit disappointing, but we moved on...to the Aquaduck LOL
Once we got on he started hyping up a bit, he loved the stateroom and loved the surroundings, it's hard to not get excited when you're on there, it's amazing :goodvibes

you just never know kids reactions, and later they will tell you how amazing they thought everything was and you think 'really? because the reaction at the time didnt show it.

i cant get our kids to agree to a cruise, they think they will be seasick and rocky all the time.:confused3

you just never know kids reactions, and later they will tell you how amazing they thought everything was and you think 'really? because the reaction at the time didnt show it.

i cant get our kids to agree to a cruise, they think they will be seasick and rocky all the time.:confused3

So true Marvel ;)
He loved the cruise, we all did, would have cried except we were going to WDW for dinner :lmao:

I wasn't sure how we would all go on a cruise, I was concerned with being stuck on a ship for a week with nothing to do, but the time went so quickly!
DH used to be in the navy and has seen some shocking sea conditions (he was on little boats, not big ships) and we didn't even feel the ship move.
We can't wait to go again :hyper:

Hey becpee:wave2:
Just read from the beginning and was wondering when you were going to update some more:yay: Look forward to reading the rest of it.

So when is the next trip your planning?

Hey becpee:wave2:
Just read from the beginning and was wondering when you were going to update some more:yay: Look forward to reading the rest of it.

So when is the next trip your planning?

We have a trip currently in the planning for May 2014 so still a while away, a cruise, WDW, DL and Vegas or Palm Springs or both, still very up in the air but deposit is on for the cruise, it's a go!

I can't remember where we had dinner that first night, but to be honest I didn't have a meal I didn't enjoy.
When fish was on the menu I had it :thumbsup2
After dinner the first night we went back to our room and were greeted by this
IMG_1687.jpg

Very cute!

The beds were dreamy! (Although I think I still could have been suffering a little jetlag and was waking at extremely early hours :faint:

We never made a point to hurry to breakfast, you'd never go hungry throughout the day.

Our first full day was a sea day, we all headed out to the mini golf
IMG_1691.jpg

I also had a bit of a shoot around on the basketball court, a great way to burn off some of those extra consumed kilojoules.
DH had a go at the golf simulator, golf is his thing so he was rapt there was one of these on board.

We met some characters that day also, DS's favourite :thumbsup2
He thought it would be funny if they all did a gangsters pose
IMG_1693.jpg

Animators palate must have been visited that afternoon for something, as we got some pics :joker:
IMG_1697.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter