• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

7 Days of Dining at Disney - April 2015 - Finished! 12/30 San Angel Inn

Glad you were able to score BoG. We did it with the fast pass too, but now with adrs doubt we will try it again anytime soon. Your sandwich looks great, if we ever do BoG may have to try that one. We had the same issue with cold fries too.

Last year, we had a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. They were running very late, and we missed our fast pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle. They sat us in the great room and did not offer cupcakes for dessert. I am hoping that our lunch ADR will be much improved over the last experience. I need to avoid veggies and mushrooms (which is something between an animal and a plant) - so I'm thinking I'll have the Croque Monsieur. I may have to get two cupcakes for myself because I can not decide between Grey Stuff Cupcake and Lemon Meringue Cupcake. And, we can pick which room to sit!

Enjoying your reviews, I will have to try pizzafari out for breakfast, that looked really good. I think my son would share it with me while my husband and daughter ride Everest a million times. .

We really enjoy beaches and cream but for some reason, I do not want to go back this upcoming trip. My husband wants to go just for the No Way Jose, we have had it before it is really good. Maybe I just want something different.

We always end up at Restaurantosaurus for the kids, it is indoor and self serve refills, just their kind of place to eat lunch. We usually head to Flame Tree after they eat.

BOG lunch is a favorite for me, the family not so much, sadly we do not have it scheduled for our next trip.

I've always intended to try out Beaches and Cream but we end up with so many other ADR's for our trips that it never really makes the cut. One of these trips we'll have to at least stop by the walk up window for some ice cream!

I hate cold fries! :crazy2: This makes me glad that when I went for lunch, I skipped anything that came with fries. But overall, I do love BoG. I'm happy you were able to give it a try! :thumbsup2

Sorry the empty MK didn't really work out for you with your CP reservation. I always make that pre-open ADR and then end up cancelling it. The idea of it is super appealing but we aren't park openers so I know it would end up being more stress than it is worth.

Glad you were able to get into BOG.

Yeah, I'm a little worried about our CP reservation... it's at 8:45, and the park opens at 9, so I'm trying to decide when we should get there and hopefully be able to take at least one picture. Maybe 8:20-8:30? That's going to be an early morning :P

Based on our experience I think you could get there anytime and they will let you in as long as you have the ADR. So if you want to get there super early and spend some time on Main Street you probably could. But if you want to cut it close to your reservation time you might not get a chance for photos beforehand. :confused3 Good luck! I really hope it works out. :thumbsup2

I loved the masters cupcake as well and agree it was the best part of the meal can't wait to hear about Boardwalk bakery!

As I write this I wish I'd figured out how to get another cupcake delivered to the table. :laughing: I hope to get an update up soon.

Yay for a having a chance to eat at Be Our Guest after all. Happy go hear it worked out and it fit with your day's plans.

It worked out fine despite my worry about it. ::yes:: I was very happy we had the experience.

Glad you were able to score BoG. We did it with the fast pass too, but now with adrs doubt we will try it again anytime soon. Your sandwich looks great, if we ever do BoG may have to try that one. We had the same issue with cold fries too.

We were glad, too. They need to figure out a way to serve everyone HOT fries. What's so hard about that? You're DISNEY!

Last year, we had a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest. They were running very late, and we missed our fast pass for Enchanted Tales with Belle. They sat us in the great room and did not offer cupcakes for dessert. I am hoping that our lunch ADR will be much improved over the last experience. I need to avoid veggies and mushrooms (which is something between an animal and a plant) - so I'm thinking I'll have the Croque Monsieur. I may have to get two cupcakes for myself because I can not decide between Grey Stuff Cupcake and Lemon Meringue Cupcake. And, we can pick which room to sit!

Too bad you didn't have a good dinner experience. I hope we get a change to get a dinner ADR someday. Lunch was great. I would definitely advise ordering more cupcakes than you think you'll need! :thumbsup2

Enjoying your reviews, I will have to try pizzafari out for breakfast, that looked really good. I think my son would share it with me while my husband and daughter ride Everest a million times. .

We really enjoy beaches and cream but for some reason, I do not want to go back this upcoming trip. My husband wants to go just for the No Way Jose, we have had it before it is really good. Maybe I just want something different.

We always end up at Restaurantosaurus for the kids, it is indoor and self serve refills, just their kind of place to eat lunch. We usually head to Flame Tree after they eat.

BOG lunch is a favorite for me, the family not so much, sadly we do not have it scheduled for our next trip.

Did I read recently that Pizzafari closed for breakfast because they are opening up a Starbucks? Now I love me some Starbucks but I really enjoyed my breakfast sandwich at AK that morning. :sad1:

Maybe you could do dinner somewhere else and grab a sundae later at B&C. :confused3

Restaurantosaurus was way better that I would have thought. With Flame Tree closed for refurb it worked out great. :thumbsup2

I've always intended to try out Beaches and Cream but we end up with so many other ADR's for our trips that it never really makes the cut. One of these trips we'll have to at least stop by the walk up window for some ice cream!

The No Way Jose is worth the trip! :thumbsup2

I hate cold fries! :crazy2: This makes me glad that when I went for lunch, I skipped anything that came with fries. But overall, I do love BoG. I'm happy you were able to give it a try! :thumbsup2

Smart skipping the fries. Will have to remember that if we go back for lunch. We were glad to eat at BOG even if the food wasn't perfect.

Sorry the empty MK didn't really work out for you with your CP reservation. I always make that pre-open ADR and then end up cancelling it. The idea of it is super appealing but we aren't park openers so I know it would end up being more stress than it is worth.

Glad you were able to get into BOG.

Yeah, I was pretty bummed about CP. Oh, well. Live and learn. I think my idea of it far exceeded the reality. YMMV. We really enjoyed BOG! :goodvibes

Enjoying your report, thanks

Thank you for saying so. :goodvibes

thanks for the great photos and reviews...always nice to get a new look at some of the menus....we loved MM when we went last May...we had the steak and mac and cheese and loved every bite...our grandkids had great meals too and they loved the "spaghetti and meatball cupcake"..it was adorable...thanks again

Day 6: Dinner at Boardwalk Bakery

We finished off the day at Magic Kingdom kind of early. After going back to the hotel and spending some time at the pool we were hungry for dinner. We decided to walk over to the boardwalk to eat here:

DSC_1101TR.jpg

We made our selections inside and grabbed a table right on the boardwalk. This was our view from our seats.

DSC_1103TR.jpg

I don't know why I didn't take a picture of the kids' meals but I think they had a turkey sandwich because I remember that Aidan enjoyed the goldfish bread and I think Sam had the Mac & cheese. They must have liked it because I don't remember any complaining.

I had the Fresh Mozzarella with Oven-dried Tomatoes, Arugula and Herb Aïoli on Focaccia served with Cucumber Salad or Chips.

DSC_1104TR.jpg

J had the Roast Beef with Provolone, Tomatoes, Lettuce with Mustard Horseradish on a Kaiser Roll served with Cucumber Salad or Chips

DSC_1105TR.jpg

Descriptions from the Disney website. We picked the cucumber salad which was so much better than what we'd had on our first day at Beach Club Marketplace. It was fresh and tangy and the perfect accompaniment to the sandwiches. After several days of heavy eating it was refreshing to have a lighter dinner.

On the way out we stopped back in for dessert. J and I ordered a strawberry cupcake to split and the boys had a chocolate chip cookie. Again I failed in obtaining a picture but I can say that everyone but me enjoyed their desserts. I didn't love the cupcake but everyone else enjoyed their desserts.

Sunshine Seasons is next.

Last edited:
Looks like a great stop at the BW bakery. I have never gotten anything other than treats there so i may have to try something else next time.

I have had that cupcake and boy did it look good. Then I had a bite and was like Meh!

We love the boardwalk bakery because A. Dessert and B. Sandwiches that are made to order and much better than parks options. Glad you all enjoyed

goldfish bread

Goldfish bread??? Sounds like something my DD would love...I will have to check that out. If you don't remember any complaints that is certainly a good thing...if your kids are anything like mine...it doesn't take much to get them complaining lol

it was refreshing to have a lighter dinner.

That is such a good idea. I hadn't ever considered going there for dinner but looking at what you had I think it might not be a bad idea.

We've enjoyed the BW Bakery sandwiches for lunch a few times, and whenever we stay there we end up grabbing a treat pretty much every night when we return from the parks lol.

I think I want to add Boardwalk Bakery to our dinner list. We are always looking for a nice place to have a light dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter