7/26/2014 Disney Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean Cruise

MissieTodd

Earning My Ears
OK, as there doesn't seem to be a thread yet for this cruise, I figured I would start one! My family and I are planning our first ever Disney Cruise and we are so excited. Here are some details about us:

I'm Missie (mom), my husband (Brian), and our boys- Blake, now 6, and Ian, now 4 will be traveling on a two week disney adventure in 2014. My MIL- Marge, and FIL- John will be joining us along with my husband's sister- susan, and her husband- Tony. We will begin the trip with our cruise then travel to WDW to enjoy a week at the parks! I am so excited!

So, how about you? Who will be traveling with you? Have you cruised with Disney before? What tips and advice can you share?

I am hoping to find or start a fish extender group for this cruise as well.

Post your information here and I will update this opening post with your family's information! I will list children's ages at the time of the cruise rather than current ages. Looking forward to meeting you.

The Todd Family- Brian, Missie, Blake (7), Ian (6)
The Todd Family- John and Marge (aka grandma and grandpa)
The Valene Family- Susan and Tony

OK, as there doesn't seem to be a thread yet for this cruise, I figured I would start one! My family and I are planning our first ever Disney Cruise and we are so excited. Here are some details about us:

I'm Missie (mom), my husband (Brian), and our boys- Blake, now 6, and Ian, now 4 will be traveling on a two week disney adventure in 2014. My MIL- Marge, and FIL- John will be joining us along with my husband's sister- susan, and her husband- Tony. We will begin the trip with our cruise then travel to WDW to enjoy a week at the parks! I am so excited!

So, how about you? Who will be traveling with you? Have you cruised with Disney before? What tips and advice can you share?

I am hoping to find or start a fish extender group for this cruise as well.

Post your information here and I will update this opening post with your family's information! I will list children's ages at the time of the cruise rather than current ages. Looking forward to meeting you.

The Todd Family- Brian, Missie, Blake (7), Ian (6)
The Todd Family- John and Marge (aka grandma and grandpa)
The Valene Family- Susan and Tony

I went on a Disney cruise this past summer and it was an amazing experience. I went with my daughter (10) and my son who was 2 at the time. I went on the Disney Fantasy to the Caribbean for a week.

The first day (as with all cruises) was a drag. We waited over an hour to board the ship. My kids were getting fussy once we unpacked but luckily the lido deck was having a "farewell deck party" so they shook off their excess energy.

We went to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and the private island, Castaway Cay. All of the ports were nice and Castaway Cay was a lot of fun. Disney offered a wide range of excursions which the whole family can enjoy. My personal favorite was biking in Castaway Cay. I used a double bike with mo son, and my DD and DH went on mountain bikes. Our days on land left us exhausted, but luckily Disney had a nice hot dinner ready for us when we came back.

The food on the cruise was above Disney margin. They offered a good range of food, but alas, it still felt the children were better catered to in that area. The restaurants themselves were beautiful and the service was great. Formal Night was amazing. Everyone dressed up and the captain visited our table.

Usually, the days at sea are dreaded. Disney makes you feel like you are in a theme park. What I did on my day at sea was the first half of the day, the whole family was on the pool deck. My oldest loved the big waterside and my youngest liked the Finding Nemo Splash area. After lunch, I dropped my son off at the Small World Nursery and my daughter off at the Oceaneer Club. Both reported having a good time. While my kids were off at the "kids clubs", I got a facial and a massage at the spa and my DH swam at the adult only pool (he is an avid swimmer:))

In all, the cruise was great. Disney has outdone itself with the cruises. If you need anything else, just PM me. Have a magical time!!:wizard::)

Thank you for sharing your experience! It sounds truely magical! I can't wait to go!

I went on a Disney cruise this past summer and it was an amazing experience. I went with my daughter (10) and my son who was 2 at the time. I went on the Disney Fantasy to the Caribbean for a week.

The first day (as with all cruises) was a drag. We waited over an hour to board the ship. My kids were getting fussy once we unpacked but luckily the lido deck was having a "farewell deck party" so they shook off their excess energy.

We went to St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and the private island, Castaway Cay. All of the ports were nice and Castaway Cay was a lot of fun. Disney offered a wide range of excursions which the whole family can enjoy. My personal favorite was biking in Castaway Cay. I used a double bike with mo son, and my DD and DH went on mountain bikes. Our days on land left us exhausted, but luckily Disney had a nice hot dinner ready for us when we came back.

The food on the cruise was above Disney margin. They offered a good range of food, but alas, it still felt the children were better catered to in that area. The restaurants themselves were beautiful and the service was great. Formal Night was amazing. Everyone dressed up and the captain visited our table.

Usually, the days at sea are dreaded. Disney makes you feel like you are in a theme park. What I did on my day at sea was the first half of the day, the whole family was on the pool deck. My oldest loved the big waterside and my youngest liked the Finding Nemo Splash area. After lunch, I dropped my son off at the Small World Nursery and my daughter off at the Oceaneer Club. Both reported having a good time. While my kids were off at the "kids clubs", I got a facial and a massage at the spa and my DH swam at the adult only pool (he is an avid swimmer:))

In all, the cruise was great. Disney has outdone itself with the cruises. If you need anything else, just PM me. Have a magical time!!:wizard::)

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

Hi Missie,

We are going on an Eastern Caribbean Fantasy cruise but we show the date at June 28, 2014. I started a thread for that one here; http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3039316 Is this the cruise that you'll be coming on?

I just double checked my reservation and it states:

Sail Date:July 26, 2014
Ship:Disney Fantasy
Stateroom:Room # XXXX, Category 04B, Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Dining Preference:Main Seating

Is it possible for you to double check your dates? I will call my travel agent tomorrow if I need to, but this is the info I have (and I checked it at disney.com)

Hi Everyone! My DH and DD (2.5 at the time of the cruise) will be sailing on this cruise! We are excited to join everyone on this cruise!!

Me, DH, DD25, DS22, my twin sister and all four grandparents! It will be a different type of cruise for us, with the larger group and having grandparents along.

My family is platinum, so obviously we love Disney Cruises! We want to share the experience with my and DH's parents.

It will be our first time on the Fantasy.

I'm so excited a few more people are joining us! I'm looking forward to the cruise as it will be a first for my family! Any tips you can share would be greatly appriciated!

Hi MissieTodd! This will actually be my 10th Disney Cruise! There are so many activities for families, kids and adults. From my experience, I would highly recommend for the adults in your party to book Palo dinner and Palo brunch. I believe now they are both an extra fee of $20 per person and definitely worth it! Also, I would recommend to go to Remy; Remy is an additional $75 per person. It is expensive, but if you want something "extra special" for this cruise, it is worth the money!

Also, for kids, personally I haven't used them yet, but I've only heard excellent comments about the kids clubs on the ships.

I am also interested in a Fish Extender too! Last cruise was the first time I participated in a FE Exchange and I loved it! I already have lots of ideas spinning in my head on what to make! LOL

I haven't checked in here in a while. I was hoping to find many more members joining us, but not yet! I can't belive that we still have over a year to go before we set sail. I'm so excited. it is going to be difficult to wait patiently!

Just booked our 1st Disney Cruise on the Fantasy July 26,2014! Please count us in for Fish Extenders and any other meet ups! Were so excited!!
It will be myself: Stacey, husband: Rob and twin girls Sarah and Kaitlyn(they will be 12 by sailing date).
We're huge Disney fans and have been to Disneyland many times and Disney World twice.
How are the Tween areas on the ship? Are Palo and Remy worth the extra cost? I'm sure there will be more questions. Any helpful advice for traveling with Tween Girls would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I'm so excited a few more people are joining us! I'm looking forward to the cruise as it will be a first for my family! Any tips you can share would be greatly appriciated!

Just booked our 1st Disney Cruise on the Fantasy July 26,2014! Please count us in for Fish Extenders and any other meet ups! Were so excited!!
It will be myself: Stacey, husband: Rob and twin girls Sarah and Kaitlyn(they will be 12 by sailing date).
We're huge Disney fans and have been to Disneyland many times and Disney World twice.
How are the Tween areas on the ship? Are Palo and Remy worth the extra cost? I'm sure there will be more questions. Any helpful advice for traveling with Tween Girls would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone! Just want to let you all know that there is also a Facebook group for this cruise:
You can search in Facebook "July 26, 2014 Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean "

We are literally still traveling home from Our 7.20-7.27 Fantasy Cruise and can't wait to join our new FE group!!!

Info:
Koren & Justin Boström (parents)

Alexis (F) celebrating 18th birthday and HS grad
Emily (F) celebrating 16th birthday
Keelyn (F) 10
Erik (M) celebrating 7th birthday-SEVERE STRAWBERRY ALLERGY-no fruit flavored/scented gifts please

"MOMTOAEKE"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter