605 days to go ... I might drive my DH crazy!

Okay, I think I am nuts even by the standards on this board. I just figured out how many days. I am taking my grandson and his half-sister when he turns 5. So that is 1216 days from now.
I truly believe that it is never to early to start planning a trip to Disney. Maybe I can fit a solo trip in some time.

Okay, I think I am nuts even by the standards on this board. I just figured out how many days. I am taking my grandson and his half-sister when he turns 5. So that is 1216 days from now.
I truly believe that it is never to early to start planning a trip to Disney. Maybe I can fit a solo trip in some time.

:rotfl::rotfl: I LOVE IT!!! This trip has been in the making since 2012. We have had many "bumps" in our planning and have had to put the trip on hold numerous times!! If you want, you can check out my pre-trip report ... http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3221503 for this trip!!

So it has been well over 1200 days!! We finally decided we are doing this now that things are situated and settled. It's so nice to know we can FINALLY plan the trip that we have been wanting to take for SOOO LONG and know we are going to get there!!! Having a DD who will be 4 when we go makes the wait even harder!!!

My DH will ask me what I'm doing when I get on the computer and I don't even have to tell him before he spits out "Disney Sites" :rotfl2::rotfl2: We always have Disney Junior on TV for our DD, and there's always a Disney movie in our DVD player!! Never to soon to get them addicted!! I am starting to work on her home made autograph book for when we go!! :hyper:

I can totally relate!!! We've been counting down since 2012 and FINALLY counting down to this September! In my opinion, the longer you have to research, research, research, the better. I started going into this blindly 2 years ago and looking back, I'm so glad I had all this time to plan, otherwise I think we would have made a TON of planning mistakes.

As far as passing the time, I've done exactly what the above posters have - read blogs, researched prices, make up itineraries (from the extravagant to the realistic), and figured out our trip route (driving from Missouri). We've also religiously watched Disney movies over and over with the kids (10, 6, and 4) and watched some videos on YouTube that featured some of the popular rides so they'll recognize those when we're there and give them a little something to look forward to. And I bought them Disney t shirts from the Disney Store and little disney trinkets in dollar bins to put back for the trip. It's been fun planning but I'm ready to reap the rewards of all that planning!

I love your title, for a moment my DH thought I wrote this.:rotfl2:
I love planning and having count downs on my chalk board. The one that is just 101 days out has been planned for 2 years now. I'm also planning a trip with my grown DD's that's 622 days out. I'm looking at which resort, (we decided on CBR), it's waiting for this summer to open up to book it. Then waiting for May of next year to buy tickets for MNSSHP. It will be our first party.:cool1:

So what do I do to help with the days in between, ..... it helps that I work at the Disney store and I live through our guest up coming vacations. :lmao: Other wise I think I'd have my whole family crazy with my talk about the up and coming WDW vacation.:lmao:

To makes things even crazier is that our trip this May I can't even talk abut when my son is home from school, because he doesn't know we are going. I'm driving my DH nuts because I want to tell our son so bad.

I only have 812 days! What?? :mad:

Really....812 days. I've been playing around with when to go and I really want to pay off my credit card bill and a loan. Plus my DS3 just turned 3 and is leaving much to be desired in this Terrible 2/3 stage! My DS6 is Special Needs, but improving so in 2 years, he will be even better!

Prayers needed that our property we have for sale will sell soon, which may move our trip up, but I'm not counting on the sale going through because another deal had fallen through.

I completely understand what you guys are going through. While we are at 203 days right now, I started planning this current trip at 1,835 days. No, I am not crazy. I knew when we went to Disney for our honeymoon that I wanted to go back for our 5th anniversary. We have gone back a few times since then, and we actually lived in Orlando for a year and a half. But I have been planning this trip the whole time. I knew that we wanted to stay at Port Orleans French Quarter like we did then. I knew what restaurants I wanted to eat at. I am a little bit of a planner. This is also the first solo vacation that my husband and I have taken since our honeymoon. I am so ready!

I am glad that things have come up and we have had to postpone. My DD will be 4 when we go and she is starting to understand Disney is a place and that's where Mickey lives. She is 2 1/2 now and LOVES everything Disney. So I am glad it has been postponed. The only plus to going when she was younger is she was FREE!! Who doesn't love FREE!! :rotfl::rotfl:

We will also be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary as well. It will be 5 years June 2015 and we are going Sept 2015. I may have to plan a special dinner out with my DH and surprise him!! ;)

I saw your ticker and laughed because we're going the same time as you are. We're thinking either the second or third week of September 2015. We were there this past November and I'm already planning for our next trip. I drove my husband crazy on our last trip. I started planning just after I got my tax refund and I was on disboards every day. Even now he is looking at me and asked what I was doing on my kindel. I didn't want to tell him but he saw the blue background and knew I was on disboards:rotfl: but I don't care, this is the place I need to go when I'm in between trips.[/QUOTE

My sister said it best. "We enjoy it. It doesn't cost anything, it doesn't hurt anyone and it doesn't make us fat" 213 days.:banana:

I am so glad that I'm not alone! We're looking at early August 2015. Or rather I'm looking at that time. If we can make it through this summer without any major unexpected expenses, I think I'll be able to talk my husband into it. I know my boys wouldn't need any convincing.

In the meantime, I'm comparing resorts and watching to see what discounts they offer for this summer. If this summer's discounts are like the past few summers, then I will cross my fingers that they will be the same in 2015.

Now I want to pick a hypothetical date just so I can make a ticker!

PS...We should start a club for those of us waiting over a year. :)

I'm so glad to have found you all! I'm 463 days out...so jealous of all those in two (and single) digit numbers!!

This will be my third trip, dh and ds second trip, and dd's first! She'll turn 6 on this trip-SO EXCITED! We're planning on 10 days at CR on DDP....

Love planning!

PS...We should start a club for those of us waiting over a year. :)

The 300+ Days Club! :thumbsup2

If we keep our October 2015 date, I am 589 days out. We had originally planned to go this coming fall, but then we found DS#2 needed $3000 OOP :faint: in orthodontic work for phase 1. We decided to postpone our Disney trip for a year to pay for that. My DH and kids have never been to the world. I went many times as a kid and can't wait to share it with them.

461 Days!!:cool1:
Everyone thinks I'm crazy because I'm already planning but WDW isn't a small place! There is so much to do you really need to plan far ahead.

I just wanted to join the party. According to the countdown app on my phone I have 1298 days until I get to go back. In case you're wondering that's September 2017. That's when I 'm taking my mom back to WDW for her 75th birthday. It's so long from now. I know where I would like to stay and some places that I would like to eat, but other than that it's just too far away to plan too much. It's so sad that it can't be sooner. Oh well anticipation is half the fun?

Welcome, Natalie.
My next trip is planned for June 2017. Time will fly by. To help it to fly, I keep researching and planning (and changing plans). I love planning.

We are going September 2015. I haven't calculated the days but we just decided in the last week we will arrive at WDW 9/19/15 :-)
So excited to go back and go with my BFF. I went with my husband, mom, aunt, son and daughter in March 2012. This time it will be my BFF (former cast member), husband, son, daughter, and our new child due in July. It's so far away but it will go by fast with the new baby.

We are 444 days out today. I have already figured approximate ticket costs, meal costs, ADRs, and when to call for reservations and such.
We just went last June and SOOOO much has already changed. You have to plan and study all the time just to keep up.
There are no more fast passes. Now it's fast pass plus.
KTTW cards are a thing of the past. It's now Magic Bands.
MDE keeps everything together for you, even if you are doing split stays. (even with DVC and just booking a regular room)
Photopass+ is gone. It is now Memory Maker and it is slightly different than the Photopass+ was.
If you don't keep up on a regular basis, when the time does come to book, you'll be completely lost!

So glad to hear I am not the only crazy Disney Mom out there. :yay: Thankfully we are only 75 days out, but I am dying! I feel like I am stalking this board...yep even downloaded the app to my iphone.

My family has been making fun of me since I booked our trip. This is the first family vacation I have felt the need to really plan out with all the FP+ scary stories. Saturday, I pulled out my planning binder with flow charts, maps and all to get ready to make our FP+ reservations, and eyes started rolling. I think I am driving them crazy.

I am afraid I will run out of things to do in these last days after I secure the FP+....I already have our drive playlist done, packing list started, (including some things already packed...shhhh don't tell them that), etc.

My heart goes out to you 300+ club - I don't think my family could stand me.

PS - is it bad that I post to see my ticker?

I hope most of y'all have been in your trip to WDW. °o° Our current countdown is at 287! Not bad, but I think my DH thinks I'm obsessed with all things Disney. :) We went on our first trip August 2014, and as soon as we got back we started to plan next year's vacation! We were between Cancun and WDW again. WDW won hands down! I love the planning stage of taking a vacation, but especially a WDW vacation. Currently I'm at the research part of it, but I know it'll be in August 2015. We are still trying to decide if we want to drive or fly from San Antonio,TX and if we're going to stay on-site or off-site. We know where we want to eat, but still waiting for park hours to be released so I can plan accordingly. My DH asks me if I want it to be time for our trip already, and I say no (*gasp*)! My logic is that the sooner it's time for our trip, the sooner our trip ends :(,and for me the anticipation is part of the fun! Having a WDW trip to look forward to is soooo exciting! So count me in the crazy WDW planner club! Woo-hoo!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter