• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

6 Resorts in 12 Days!

one11sgt

Mouseketeer
I will be doing my version of a 7 in 7 next month, only it will really be a 6 in 12 lol. This trip started as a 5 day getaway and has quickly spiraled into a more than double that length. At first I was going with my brother and sister in law for 5 days and staying at POR resort. Then I decided to buy a small DVC membership. So I asked them if they wanted to stay 4 days longer and try out my new home resort at PVB. The trip was now 9 days. After using my points from this year and borrowing from next year I needed to buy a few more points from another DVC member to complete the reservation. I got a good deal on some penalty points and after applying what I needed to the PVB reservation, I had some left over, so I asked my family if they wanted to spend a night a BCV in a 2 bedroom villa in place of one of the POR nights. Of course there was no argument against that. We have always wanted to try out Storm Along Bay so this was a great opportunity.
A few weeks later I realized I had some extra vacation time to burn so I decided I wanted to go down to Florida 3 days earlier than my family could. I first thought about just staying off property then said, why not just try out a bunch of resorts Ive always wanted to try? So I had a reservation at a different hotel each of the 3 addition nights My final itinerary now looks like this:

1/25/16 Coronado Springs Resort - Standard View Room
1/26/16 Wilderness Lodge Resort - Standard View Room
1/27/16 Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo House - Standard View Studio
1/28/16-2/1/16 Port Orleans Riverside Resort - (2) Garden View Rooms
2/1/16 Beach Club Villas - 2 Bedroom Villa
2/2/16-2/5/16 Polynesian Villas and Bungalows - 1 Standard View Studio and 1 Lake View Studio

I know this looks crazy but I am really looking forward to it. Having been coming to Disney for over 30 years, the parks have become second nature to me but the resorts, especially the ones Ive never spent time in, are still new and interesting to me. Any thoughts, comments or suggestions are welcome. Thanks for reading!

I'm trying to convince my family we need to stay at at least 3 resorts on our next 7 day trip in 2017. I don't think it's a crazy idea at all - would the resorts transfer your luggage to the other resort if you asked? I wasn't certain if they would since you have to check out of each hotel anyway.

I didnt even think to ask that since I will have a rental car and would rather just keep the luggage with me during the transfers. I will ask when I'm there for you and report back though.

Sounds like an interesting method for trying out resorts...but do you think it will be tiring to not be "settled?" I look forward to hearing about your experience.

No. I will be by myself for the first 3 quick ones so it will be easier and also give me something to do alone besides wonder the parks. Been to WDW so many times, new adventures are a welcome experience for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter