6 days to go and think...I am going to lose my mind!

vellamint

DIS Veteran
HELP!!

First I had reservations at POR when husband wasnt coming down with us the first few days....then I switched to the Contemporary. Both resorts with the BAQ codes so got a really good deal.

Had a reservation at HIFS for the entire 11 days with a government rate of $115 but cancelled the last 8 days because I got a great deal from a friend on his timeshare at Marriotts Cypress Harbour.....so cancelled last 8 days on HIFS.

Then I got in on the entertainment rate at HIFS of $99 a nite!!!! for those first 3 nights.

Then my husband decides he's coming the same time as us so I switch the Contemporary to the Wilderness Cabins at $154 a nite and rent a golf cart for the first day ($43) so we can enjoy the resort amenities the first day.

I am sitting here with 6 days to go not wanting to give up either reservation and I HAVE TO!!!

We have a rental car so traveling shuttles or buses is not an issue.

I was SO sure the cabins were for us (kids, 12, 11, 9 and 9) but tonight I am NOT so sure and am wondering if HIFS is BETTER for us.

One daughter is SOOOoooo excited to stay onsite....I am not sure the others really care.

3 TVS at HIFS sounds great but so does Early Entry to AK on Friday morning and the campfire and Electric Water Parade at Fort Wilderness.....but are my kids too old for the campfire???

I am also afraid that after HIFS they will be disappointed with the Marriott timeshare.

Help me - I am losing my mind and only have till tomorrow night to cancel the Wilderness Cabin without forfeiting the deposit.

Please anyone with experience with one or both of these properties talk to me.........

Wow, I've got to say that after reading all that, I'm stressed for you, lol!

I truly sympathize because I am the same way with making reservations. I change over and over and over. Then I am convinced I am making a mistake on my resort choice up until the moment we arrive.

With that said, I have stayed at HIFS, and LOVE it! I think you would be very happy there. However, FW looks very nice too, and I'm sure you'd be happy there also! It looks like you will spend about $230 extra at FW, plus the cost of breakfast which is free at HIFS. If this is an issue, you may want to pick HIFS. If early entry and campfire are a priority for you, then you should pick FW.

I wish you the best of luck in your decision! I'm sure whatever you decide, your family will be happy with :).

Teresa

ON SITE ON SITE ON SITE!

This is the lesson we learned this spring. we have stayed at 3 disney resorts(including a trip to the all-star movies) and the wyndham at DTD. We will never stay anywhere other than Disney again. We would go back to the all-stars before wed stay at the 5star wyndham again.

Disney knows how to do the details! And the customer service cant be beat.

So what I am trying to say is keep the cabins! Ditch the HIFS (though i have head good things about them).

HOLY COW!!! I feel the stress level. Of the places mentioned I have only stayed at HIFS. We happened to get a really great room because it overlooked the pool and easy to access the pool. I found it quite nice for the price. The master bedroom has a huge bed and tv(yeah no cartoons). The kids loved the bunkbeds. The fridge was a great thing to have of course and the two other tvs made it so that we didn't have a problem with fighting when we were in the room. We had 4 adults and three kids in there and it was a little cramped but if it had been 4 kids and 2 adults I think it would have been better. Do they still do the buffet breakfast? That was a money saver. We would chow down on breakfast and eat sandwhiches and snacks at lunch and have a good more expensive dinner and it all evened out. Good luck which ever way your reservations take you. Let us know what you decide for those of us planning for the future...

Tania

Well I cancelled the cabin..just can't sleep in a full size bed when we are used to a king! Us grown-ups need to be comfortable to sleep and be able to have fun with the kiddies during the day........I will do a trip report when I get back.....thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter