6 day ticket

mummabear

DIS Veteran
I can see on the website that after the 5 day ticket option it goes straight to an annual pass (for another $370), can you add a 6th day in park (through guest services or the ticket booths)? And if so what is the cost?

We had the same question for our June trip. We ended up buying a Deluxe AP and then upgrading to a Premier Passport (we also go to WDW). Unfortunately, five days is the the longest ticket, then you have to get an AP if you want more days.

5 days is the limit at DL. They no longer add days to the 5-day pass. Other options are buying a 1-day ticket, or AP.

Are you in NZ? There is a ten day pass that we can buy from travel agents. Air NZ sell it at their travel shops, it is currently $373 and $349NZD...
http://www.airnewzealandholidays.co...y-Disney-Vacation-Pass-2ANAATDSLANAADM10.html

Wow I did not know that =) Will have to look into it (whether it is a hopper) and work out the Sol Cal pass we were planning on buying. I mostly wanted more days to spread out Fantasmic and RDCT so the kids arent out so late (because the parks dont have late hours during the week we will adjust them, when we hiw WDW we dont really adjust them and start our days late then stay out until 1am....
And in case RDCT is cancelled for weather...

Yes it is a hopper, and it includes one magic morning entry. We have been at Air Nz Holidays this afternoon and the price she gave us is $378 and $353.

Yes it is a hopper, and it includes one magic morning entry. We have been at Air Nz Holidays this afternoon and the price she gave us is $378 and $353.

Me too! I saw the also sell the So Cal pass which is what we were intending t buy then upgrade at DL to a 5 day hopper (which the City Pass site says you can do) so I called to see if I could upgrade the So Cal to the 10 day-the answer was no.
I think we will buy the 10 day ticket and pay for Seaworld, Universal and the 2 zoos in a combination of a couple of ticket offers, and probably drop Legoland (which we have never yet done) but am excited that we will have some more days up our sleeves to see RDCT etc...

Me too! I saw the also sell the So Cal pass which is what we were intending t buy then upgrade at DL to a 5 day hopper (which the City Pass site says you can do) so I called to see if I could upgrade the So Cal to the 10 day-the answer was no.
I think we will buy the 10 day ticket and pay for Seaworld, Universal and the 2 zoos in a combination of a couple of ticket offers, and probably drop Legoland (which we have never yet done) but am excited that we will have some more days up our sleeves to see RDCT etc...

Try the San Diego go card for the San Diego portion. It also included Lego land. It's based on number of consectutive days you want and you can get into 45 different attractions in the area including sea world, zoo, wild animal park, legoland, etc.

http://www.smartdestinations.com/san-diego-attractions-and-tours/_d_Sdo-p1.html?pass=Sdo_Prod_Go

jumping in with a question...we also have a 5 day hopper, but will be there for 8 days. any reason i couldn't just buy another set of 3 day hoppers? we'll be there over thanksgiving, so upgrading to an ap blocks 3 of the days.

jumping in with a question...we also have a 5 day hopper, but will be there for 8 days. any reason i couldn't just buy another set of 3 day hoppers? we'll be there over thanksgiving, so upgrading to an ap blocks 3 of the days.

You can totally do this...although if you upgrade to the AP that has no restrictions and plan to return within the year, it would be a better deal. (Not to mention the discounts you would get.)

and IF the block out days happen to be at the beginning of your trip you can go to the parks with your hoppers then upgrade the last block out day, even if its a block out day when you upgrade you still get in the park that day

and IF the block out days happen to be at the beginning of your trip you can go to the parks with your hoppers then upgrade the last block out day, even if its a block out day when you upgrade you still get in the park that day

no, they fall at the end, boo! i was thinking the same thing :) i haven't done the upgrade in a couple of years...we pay the difference between our package price for the tickets we have and the actual ap price, correct? i need to price that out for the one with no black out dates, just in case it's close enough to consider :p

When my husband and I went there in 94, we were more than satisfied with 4 days. Do you think that would be enough for a 14 year old and a 10 year old? We're also thinking of doing San Diego too -- and we're there for a week.

When my husband and I went there in 94, we were more than satisfied with 4 days. Do you think that would be enough for a 14 year old and a 10 year old? We're also thinking of doing San Diego too -- and we're there for a week.

We have always done six days for the three of is, until this year when we can't :sad:, so we will be doing five days. I guess we enjoy being able to focus on a couple of lands each day, park hop, swim in the afternoon, or just sit on Main St. and relax. It all depends on your style I guess. It's just more relaxing and we don't feel so rushed to fit it all in. And now that we enjoy DCA just as much as DLR, having the extra days is great!

If they offered a 6 day pass, they would have gotten some more money out of us. Because it was cheaper for us to fly back one day later, we had an extra day that we just used as a day off. Had they still sold 6 day park hoppers we would have been spending money in the parks that day. As it was, even 5 days plus an MHP wasn't enough time to do everything we wanted to do. It used to be enough time, but not any more.

For the $15 difference I would buy the 5, that way you can go back even for an evening and do a couple of rides, watch RDCT after spending a day doing other things. There has been loads of improvments and expansions since 94 and I think even in off peak it is busier than then as well
I dont think we have done more than 4 ourselves previously but now with a 4, 2 and new baby I wouldnt go for less than 5.
Some things to consider and maybe talk with the kids (i'm not sure what they are still into at their age) do they want to see the parade? Meet characters? Or just ride the rides? For us what eats a major amount of time is character hunting and watching parades/shows which we didnt really do before the kids we just went from one ride to another (and we are also now riding dumbo not just Space Mountain).
Re: San Diego, we almost always go down, we like Seaworld and the zoo (which is way out of the league of our local zoo).

If they offered a 6 day pass, they would have gotten some more money out of us. Because it was cheaper for us to fly back one day later, we had an extra day that we just used as a day off. Had they still sold 6 day park hoppers we would have been spending money in the parks that day. As it was, even 5 days plus an MHP wasn't enough time to do everything we wanted to do. It used to be enough time, but not any more.

I think they do themselves and their customers a real disservice by not having more options. There is too big of a cost gap to go from the 5 day to an AP and I think tickets should go to 7 or 10 days as a standard option avaible to everyone.
You could easily spend more than 5 days between the 2 parks.

SOOOO much has changed since 94. We prefer 6 days in the parks, but 4 would be bare minimum for us.

What travel agents have these? I know Air New Zealand but they are not local for me, so was wondering if all of the travel agents sell them or just some. Also do you book all your flights etc through the travel agent or book them your self and just buy the 10 day pass from the agent? thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter