• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

5th wheel ?

I have a coach and not a 5th wheeler(might be the same?) but on our unit we have the option for both. When shore power is available we heat that way when we are on the road or camping unhooked we use the propane. There are two switches on our panel board for the water heater: 1-says 110V, the other gas/propane I believe.

Just make sure if you use electric that there is water in the water heater or it will burn it out.

Yep, the answer is both. When plugged in to power, you can switch to electric.

And we actually flip the breaker that the water heater is on, once we empty it, to make sure that it can't accidentally turn on and burn out.

I have a 27 Foot travel trailer. I kind of wish we had the option on our hot water heater. Ours is strictly Propane. I suppose that's ok though, since Gas probably heats it much quicker than electric. And it's only a 6 gallon heater anyway.

Now if we could only get a gas operated Microwave we'd be all set. :)

It depends on the water heater in the unit. Some are gas only, some are both. Most modern ones are gas and electric in the mid to upper grade RVs with electronic ignition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter