5th Sleeper in 1 Bedroom at BCV

IsThatYouTigger

Mouseketeer
Hi! Is DVC doing away with the ability to provide your own bedding for a 5th person at BCV? It will be 4 adults and a 4 year old. I have been on hold with member services and they are adamant that they can not add a 5th unless they are under the age of 3. Just wanting to see what others experiences have been recently. If they are changing the process I wish they would formally announce the decision. Thanks for any insight!

If you are a DVC member, you should be able to just add the 5th to your reservation without calling MS. That is what I've always done, as recently as a few months ago. This is directly from the DVC site: Exclusive to Members Booking with Points: 5th Guest can be accommodated, but no additional bedding, linens or towels will be provided

Hi! Is DVC doing away with the ability to provide your own bedding for a 5th person at BCV? It will be 4 adults and a 4 year old. I have been on hold with member services and they are adamant that they can not add a 5th unless they are under the age of 3. Just wanting to see what others experiences have been recently. If they are changing the process I wish they would formally announce the decision. Thanks for any insight!
In general, if I'm trying to do something by phone and the answer I get seems wrong, I assume the person doesn't know what they're talking about and I call back. I realize Member Services can have long hold times and that could make this a pain in the neck if it's something that can only be done by phone.

There has been no mention of any change of the occupancy rules for 1BRs reserved by a DVC member through DVC. At BCV, BWV, and BRV, you can have 5 (plus a child under three) in a 1BR but you need to provide your own bedding (e.g., sleeping bag, blow-up mattress) for the fifth. However, if you are reserving as a cash quest through Disney, you are allowed only 4 (plus a child under three).

If you are booking through DVC MS as a member and the MS person you are talking to claims you can have only 4, it is probably due to their knowledge of the cash reservation rule rather than the DVC rule. You can hang-up and attempt calling again to get someone else, or use chat on the internet site.

Last edited:
Follow Up!

Thanks everyone! I started with chat and before I could get anywhere I got a message to call and the chat shut off on me. After a 30 minute hold she came back and said I'm glad you suggested I ask a supervisor because after some research we both learned something new today. She said something along the lines of having to override the room capacity on their end. Who knows?

I have always been able to just add 5 guests online but it kept telling me that I was over the room occupancy limit and would only allow me to book with 4. So then when I wasn't getting anywhere with member services I thought I would ask you all. I hadn't heard of a change either, but I had also always been able to just add the 5th myself...thanks for the reassurance!

Noticed this on my reservation too. Booked 7 months ago for 9 people in dedicated 2 br at bcv. Was able to add/edit people as needed online. About a month or two ago the website won't let be do anything to guest details unless I removed a person because the website says I'm exceeding the occupancy limit.

I'm fine because the current 9 are correct and linked to MDE, but annoying I can't self service edits.

Noticed this on my reservation too. Booked 7 months ago for 9 people in dedicated 2 br at bcv. Was able to add/edit people as needed online. About a month or two ago the website won't let be do anything to guest details unless I removed a person because the website says I'm exceeding the occupancy limit.

I'm fine because the current 9 are correct and linked to MDE, but annoying I can't self service edits.
We had the same problem adding a 9th to the dedicated 2 bedroom. First chat didn’t work. First call didn’t work, but I called back again and the CM said I couldn’t do it and was about to go to a supervisor when she said “we’ll let me just try it in the system and see if it will let me.” She was surprised but it did. So I got our 9th guest.

Moral of the story is to be politely pushy and try again if needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter